Post-Game Talk: GAME 76 - HEE HAW!!!!! - BRUINS 3 Nashville 0

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Was the ice bad? Seemed like a lot of whiffing and stick swinging, specially on clears. I do like that they're often taking the easy clear when it's there, even an icing.

I still find Debrusk is a very complimentary player over a core player. But potentially asking for core money.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Was the ice bad? Seemed like a lot of whiffing and stick swinging, specially on clears. I do like that they're often taking the easy clear when it's there, even an icing.

I still find Debrusk is a very complimentary player over a core player. But potentially asking for core money.
I agree. Did he play last night?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Any updates on Brazeau? He was really playing solid hockey, would be a bummer to lose him.
For me it looked like a wrist issue. and the fact that he immediately went down the tunnel and never returned makes it seem like it could potentially be a long term thing. That said, until they release something we won't know for sure.

Reactions: BMC and NeelyDan

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

I was thinking that....he would be ok as a 3rd liner, but this is a spot we can upgrade on....similar to Celtics moving on from Smart

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I missed all the action in the third but obviously am so happy to see the boys not only won but got an ENG!! I will watch the third period this morning, I never have the will power not to peek at the score through the night.

I hope Brazeau is okay, he is so deserving of being in the playoffs after how hard he has fought to get here. I dislike Schenn even more now than I did before.

@GordonHowe I love how you used the word "mad".

It sounds English, which possibly appeals.

Actually, I nicked it from an episode of Seinfeld.

His remark was directed toward an English virgin. Played by... Jane Leeves.

1712167276976.png

• Haha
Reactions: caz16

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I agree. Did he play last night?

If we go by the eye test and the analytics, it definitely doesn't look like Jake played last night. He gave you a little better than JVR. I didn't pay too close attention to his short handed production. But that's maybe the only place he did much.

I'm willing to let him surprise me vs Florida and Carolina coming up. Definitely we don't win a round or more without him playing to his best.

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 2.24.59 PM.png

Reactions: Ladyfan and lopey

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Pasta going at it with Lauzon, the NHL hits leader. Fantastic.

I don't think it was a jab at Ryan O'Reilly, but Coyle's post game comments about body language and not letting your opponent see frustration when the puck isn't going in was spot-on. ROR was visibly in disbelief multiple times when Ullmark stoned him.

I know we're all biased because of the favorable final score; but either way, last night's game was why we love hockey. The pace was feverish, it was physical without head-hunting, and the goalies were going toe-to-toe, seeing who would blink first. So stick-tap to Nashville.

I don't know if anyone caught the arena playing Top Gun Anthem during the goalie hug. They should actually make that the hug's theme song. It was awesome!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

What do you think is core money? 5+ or 6 +? Something else?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If we go by the eye test and the analytics, it definitely doesn't look like Jake played last night. He gave you a little better than JVR. I didn't pay too close attention to his short handed production. But that's maybe the only place he did much.

I'm willing to let him surprise me vs Florida and Carolina coming up. Definitely we don't win a round or more without him playing to his best.

View attachment 845560
I think Monty should leave Jake with Coyle and Marchand.

Putting him with Brazeau and Freddy didn't work out.

He was looking good on unit 1 of the power play until Monty took him off. We all know the current PP1 has issues. There's a reason why unit 2 plays better. They actually shoot.

Gotta get it going now. We need good habits.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

View attachment 845560
[/QUOTE
Hey pisses me off more than any other bruin. Floats most shifts. Plays when he wants to. Waste of talent. Imo.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
does Marchand hit 400 before the end of the year??

For his sake I hope so. Will take a lot of pressure off him. He's got to be approaching one of his longest goalless droughts?

What do you think is core money? 5+ or 6 +? Something else?

7+? Even 6.75. That would make him the 3rd highest paid Bruin. Attach term and that's pretty much a core contract for us. One you don't easily get out from under too (if it goes bad).

Reactions: Ladyfan

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I hope so. Once he gets it I feel like the goals will come more easily.
I'm no stock market guru; but do keep an eye on it as I'm getting older and closer to retirement.

I read an article recently on how the Dow has come so close to hitting 40,000, but just hasn't gotten there. The analyst writing the article suggested there was a psychological aspect to it, and felt once the market finally does hit 40K, it will quickly go even higher.

I actually thought of Marchand and his seemingly endless quest to hit 400 goals. I feel the same as you - once he hits it, that burden will be off his shoulders.

Marchand showed true captain's character last night, dishing to Coyle, and coming off the ice for fresh skaters with the opponent's goalie pulled and the outcome still in question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad