Post-Game Talk: GAME 76 - HEE HAW!!!!! - BRUINS 3 Nashville 0

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Ullmark is clearly the better goalie, what a performance. I love Swayman, but he hasn't had a game like this in his career yet, going toe to toe all game and holding the line against another super goalie in an important game. I was all about giving Swayman the playoffs to see what we have in him, but this is the game that says, Ullmark will be the difference maker.

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I missed all the action in the third but obviously am so happy to see the boys not only won but got an ENG!! I will watch the third period this morning, I never have the will power not to peek at the score through the night.

I hope Brazeau is okay, he is so deserving of being in the playoffs after how hard he has fought to get here. I dislike Schenn even more now than I did before.

@GordonHowe I love how you used the word "mad".

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
He won’t win it but Pasta deserves some serious Hart consideration this year if the B’s finish 1st.
Great post and I couldn't agree more
TB- Point, Stamkos, Hedman, Hagel will all finish with 70+ points and Point likely close to 90
Col- Rantanen 100+Makar 85+
Edm- Draisaitl 100+, Bouchard 76+, Hyman 50 goals and 70 points plus

Bruins- Marchand wont hit 70 pts

Pasta can crack 110 pts and 50 goals. In my mind, that deserves MVP consideration. He clearly was the guy driving the scoring all year without much of a supporting cast and his team has a real chance of winning the Presidents Trophy.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
I know, I know, Charlie Coyle isn't a No 1C but that move on the SHG was a top shelf imitation of one. And what an effort by the Capt to set him up, he may be stuck on 399 but he still finds a way to stick it to the opposition. Frankie Brimsek was Mr. Zero, Linus is so chill in net he's Mr. Sub-Zero. No doubt Danton is 7th player but for a new hire learning a new system so quickly I'm giving Andrew Peeke Employee of the Month.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
One of if not their best performances of the season. Played with good pace throughout the whole game and everyone did their job. Not much else needs to be said

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
IMG_3709.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hell of an effort, evenly matched. I'd start Ullmark come playoffs..he's dialed in and it raises his trade value (if he stays dialed in) if we are looking to ship him ...loved Coyles snipe but Pasta in my mind saved the game (well Ullmark as well) ... hell of a defensive stick followed by an end to end rush with a beautiful patient play ...put a nail in the coffin when Nashville was pressing and looked poised to capitalize...Pasta made sure that didn't happen
I cannot believe how much Pasta has grown his game. Hell, I was happy with him scoring goals and unlike some wasn't all that concerned about the rest of his game. What a gem Pasta is. I have loved that kid from his very first game here.

I also love what a leader he has become.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm looking at the numbers of the Heinen-Zacha-Pasta line. Monty first really put those 3 together in the game against the Leafs on March 4th, and there's been 14 games since then. In those games:

Heinen has had 4 goals, 10 points
Zacha has had 7 goals, 17 points
Pasta has had 8 goals, 17 points

Do not touch that line. Don't care if you love or hate heinen as a player, it just works.
I do not understand how any Bruins fan can dislike Danton Heinen.

He is a good skater, smart player and SO versatile. They put him on any line and he does what he should and doesn't bitch and moan about not having good linemates. He looks good on the top lines. He is so consistent.

I always liked him but is it possible he has improved since he was here before?

And for the $$$....WOW.

I would expect he will be due a raise next season.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I do not understand how any Bruins fan can dislike Danton Heinen.

He is a good skater, smart player and SO versatile. They put him on any line and he does what he should and doesn't bitch and moan about not having good linemates. He looks good on the top lines. He is so consistent.

I always liked him but is it possible he has improved since he was here before?

And for the $$$....WOW.

I would expect he will be due a raise next season.
I was not a fan of Heinen round 1. Thought he was too streaky and too soft. He was either on a heater, or invisible.

Heinen Round 2? Absolutely zero complaints at all. He's been tremendous in all aspects of the game. Including the physical aspect. And, as you say, he's so versatile - which with Monty is a must.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I was not a fan of Heinen round 1. Thought he was too streaky and too soft. He was either on a heater, or invisible.

Heinen Round 2? Absolutely zero complaints at all. He's been tremendous in all aspects of the game. Including the physical aspect. And, as you say, he's so versatile - which with Monty is a must.

ive been caught off guard by his willingness to get his hands dirty in a physical sense - really impressive

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
On cloud 9 after that win vs a very big and heavy team. Bruins could do some damage this spring. Love this group of "nonames"

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hoping this has been a preview of the playoff Bruins.
Staying healthy is so important and so hard to do.

Even now Pasta and Brad take SO much abuse. It will be even more in the playoffs. The games on TV don't even show most of it. when you are at the games you see it.

They will also be running our netminders....Bs are so lucky to have 2 that are excellent.

Hopefully having Maroon helps a bit but it won't stop most of it. I am still sad about Looch as he would have been a better fit...sigh.

Bottom line ...unfortunately...players will get hurt. Many will play hurt, but they cannot always "play through it" I am always amazed how tough these guys are. IMO Brad Marchand is the toughest. He is so strong and gets more cheap shots than any other player. He keeps himself in excellent shape and is very strong and sturdy.

Sometimes we see the trainers (Joe, Dustin and Scott) watching a player during the pregame skate to see if they feel the player is good to go.

Fingers crossed that they all stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad