Post-Game Talk: GAME #75: Canucks 1 vs. Flames 3

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
If Calgary doesn't win this they have no business being in the playoffs. OTOH, waaaaay back when the Canucks were good, this is just the kind of aggravating b.s. slam dunk game vs. a bottom feeder they would lose just to piss everyone off.

I will never be sad about a Canuck victory over the Flames, but I think they pummel us. Well, as much as Marky will let them.

4-2

Boeser
Virtanen
Except for that time when Henrik Sedin won the Art Ross by scoring 4 points vs Calgary in the last game of the season

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Yeah, I have a feeling the Canucks get rolled in this one, barring another performance where Markstrom stands on his head.

Would love to see this be a close game with lots of goals, either way.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend

Don’t see how can we beat the flames with this D

This is probably silly but I actually like this incarnation the best of the 2018-2019 Canucks. Watching Biega evolve into a full-time NHLer is fun and I really like that Schenn-Sautner pairing as a shutdown pairing.

Obviously Tanev > Brisebois. But Tanev isn't a full-time NHL player anymore.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Has leivo actually clicked with pettersson? Havent seen a lot of points between them

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
This is probably silly but I actually like this incarnation the best of the 2018-2019 Canucks. Watching Biega evolve into a full-time NHLer is fun and I really like that Schenn-Sautner pairing as a shutdown pairing.

Obviously Tanev > Brisebois. But Tanev isn't a full-time NHL player anymore.
Swap Goldobin with Granlund and I agree. And of course I'd prefer Hutton to Sautner, but....can't have it all

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Has leivo actually clicked with pettersson? Havent seen a lot of points between them

Leivo has 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 18 games with Pettersson. Goldobin actually played better on that line if the truth be told. But no other player on the Canucks gets called out.

Reactions: Hit the post

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Leivo has 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 18 games with Pettersson. Goldobin actually played better on that line if the truth be told. But no other player on the Canucks gets called out.

Lmao Green has some blind spots for sure.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Leivo looks a lot better than his production. It feels like he produces more than goldobin but he's on pace for like 30 points over an 82 game seaosn

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I can absolutely see why a coach would prefer Leivo over Goldobin.

I get it, just pointing out that it was a total bush league move by Green to come to a press conference armed with details that Goldobin had only scored 2 goals and 2 assists in 23 games.

Has he ever brought up the long futile streaks of Eriksson, Granlund, Virtanen, Beagle, Motte, Schaller, Leivo?

Reactions: Love

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I get it, just pointing out that it was a total bush league move by Green to come to a press conference armed with details that Goldobin had only scored 2 goals and 2 assists in 23 games.

Has he ever brought up the long futile streaks of Eriksson, Granlund, Virtanen, Beagle, Motte, Schaller, Leivo?
What bothered me is that it seemed to be ignorant with respect to the chances he was producing. He can hit someone's wheelhouse, he can gain the blue....not to mention he hit a lot of posts in that span. He's due for some good luck, but he ain't gonna get it from the press box.

Anyways, Kuemper is carrying the state of Arizona on his back right now... If the Canucks miss, I hope the yotes get in.

Reactions: mossey3535

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
Where is Hutton???? Go canucks, there's still a chance!!!

l8jehht.jpg

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
What bothered me is that it seemed to be ignorant with respect to the chances he was producing. He can hit someone's wheelhouse, he can gain the blue....not to mention he hit a lot of posts in that span. He's due for some good luck, but he ain't gonna get it from the press box.

Anyways, Kuemper is carrying the state of Arizona on his back right now... If the Canucks miss, I hope the yotes get in.

When he started getting sat out he was the 4th leading scorer on the team

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lol theres still goldy supporters here ?? Guy is clueless without the puck...doesnt have a motor and is tough to play against.

Hes had how many years now to prove himself ??

I hope we ship him out this summer.

Reactions: Nomobo

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

Without getting too sidetracked, all those players bring something else to the table when they aren't scoring. Penalty Killing, Physicality, and speed. Goldobin doesn't bring that, he needs to score to be successful.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Flames have an amazing season and we suck against you guys anyway. I think you guys have a better chance than you might think, especially with Swiss cheese smith in net. And it looks like Pettersson is gonna f*** Calgary and it’s goalies in the ass the next decade and a half.

Anyway, good luck guys.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Boeser can match last years production with a 3 point night. Crazy considering how he has looked most of the season.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Lol theres still goldy supporters here ?? Guy is clueless without the puck...doesnt have a motor and is tough to play against.

Hes had how many years now to prove himself ??

I hope we ship him out this summer.

It isn’t so much about being a Goldy supporter for me...it is about the ridiculous double standards this coach has.

Can you honestly tell me that this large group of very marginal, mediocre veterans on this team haven’t deserved to sit a fair number of games themselves?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad