dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It might be time to sit both Compher and Kerfoot. Play Vegas with:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau
Andrighetto - Jost- Wilson
Bourque - Toninato - Yakupov

I hate Yakupov as much as the next guy, but he's going to come in here and at least bust his ***. Compher and Kerfoot have clearly hit a wall and are struggling mightily out there. Compher especially. Dude has had like one good game in the last four months.

Reactions: shadow1

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Wasn’t Compher supposed to be an agitating pest who got under the skin of the opposition?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Kamenev simply cannot be playing right now. Toninato in his ~6-8 minutes is going to be the much more effective player because he isn't going to turn pucks over and he's going to keep up with the play. As much as it sucks for Kamenev, he needs to sit.

Ridiculous. He was hardly the problem. You can't blame one player for a loss like that and he wasn't even close from being the worst player either. Him and Toninato should both be in.

Reactions: Goulet17

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Does anyone else thinks this was a bigger loss than it may seem? Next 2 games are against Vegas, and Avs really have hard time playing against teams like that who play a hard nosed team game. I'm really worried about them losing both those games and that pretty much will sink the playoff chances for the Avs. They really needed to win this game to at least still have some cushion in case they do lose to Vegas 2 times. You can think I'm being negative, dramatic or what have you, but Avs are really far from safe to making the playoffs as many think.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Does anyone else thinks this was a bigger loss than it may seem? Next 2 games are against Vegas, and Avs really have hard time playing against teams like that who play a hard nosed team game. I'm really worried about them losing both those games and that pretty much will sink the playoff chances for the Avs. They really needed to win this game to at least still have some cushion in case they do lose to Vegas 2 times. You can think I'm being negative, dramatic or what have you, but Avs are really far from safe to making the playoffs as many think.

I dont think anyone thinks they are safe from making the playoffs. Alot of people are staying optimistic which is good because all this right now is gravy if you consider the hellish season we had to endure last yr. It would be nice if they make it but I wont be so pissed if they dont either because I didnt think they would be this close this late in the season.

Reactions: avsfan09

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Ridiculous. He was hardly the problem. You can't blame one player for a loss like that and he wasn't even close from being the worst player either. Him and Toninato should both be in.

Kam might not be the worst player each night, but he's damn close even when we win.

Dude just isn't ready this year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I dont think anyone thinks they are safe from making the playoffs. Alot of people are staying optimistic which is good because all this right now is gravy if you consider the hellish season we had to endure last yr. It would be nice if they make it but I wont be so pissed if they dont either because I didnt think they would be this close this late in the season.
I agree with all this, except I'm being greedy I guess. Since they are so close to making the playoffs, I'm thinking I won't be satisfied if they miss it, but you're right, considering last season, this is already a massive improvement

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You realize you're basing this on approximately two games of watching him, right?

Yup, and in those two games he's been useless with next to no positives. There's 8 games left in the season and every point matters. He's had 2 games to show what he could do, whether it's due to rust, injuries, or whatnot he needs to show more if he wants ice time. This isn't the time of year to hope a player is going to find his groove, you go with the proven players that can at least keep up with the pace.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
One of those games. Team hadn't been playing great and still managed at least a point in the last 10 games before this. Hopefully this blowout wakes them up a bit.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
It might be time to sit both Compher and Kerfoot. Play Vegas with:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau
Andrighetto - Jost- Wilson
Bourque - Toninato - Yakupov

I hate Yakupov as much as the next guy, but he's going to come in here and at least bust his ***. Compher and Kerfoot have clearly hit a wall and are struggling mightily out there. Compher especially. Dude has had like one good game in the last four months.

i still love yak...

Reactions: Murzu

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
Win or lose I'm getting real tired of him and Altitude in general these days.
Man I might be the only one but I've always liked McNab, I don't get the hate. :(

I'm not calling you out specifically Balthazar but it always seems to be when we're losing people hate on McNab. I don't recall too many times people calling him out when we're winning.

I can partially see why people hate on him when we're losing but I will be sad the day he no longer works with the Avs.

Reactions: Jarey Curry

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yup, and in those two games he's been useless with next to no positives. There's 8 games left in the season and every point matters. He's had 2 games to show what he could do, whether it's due to rust, injuries, or whatnot he needs to show more if he wants ice time. This isn't the time of year to hope a player is going to find his groove, you go with the proven players that can at least keep up with the pace.

I disagree. I think he played a very solid 1st game. Tough to create anything if your linemates do nothing but to turn over pucks.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
This was their first really bad home game since like December 27 or so so they were due. Just forget it and move on.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
I didn't believe my eyes when I saw the games score....
And i'm actually glad this happened!
I mean if they had this kinda dip in their systems, it had to come out now rather than in the playoffs. Talking about dodging a bullet there phew!!!
No but seriously Dr feelgood can't come visit again this season or it will snowball and we are out of the playoffs sooner than later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad