GDT: Game 74: Kings @ Avalanche | March 22, 2018 | 7PM MT

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kamenev might need more time because of how long he was out but there's nothing left for him to do in the AHL.

Reactions: Goulet17

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Lawd Jayzus what the actual hell happened??

Did Varly finally collapse to the ice in sheer exhaustion?

Is LA already (rightfully) geared up for the playoffs?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I disagree, it's not a magic number before a certain age type of equation.

Well, I certainly disagree with that point. Kamenev has been around a ppg in the AHL in his limited time this season. From what I have seen of him at the AHL level, I don't think he has much to learn against that level of competition.

He missed three months, and people are judging him based on limited minutes in two NHL games. If the thinking is that Kamenev spends significant time in the AHL next season, I am not so sure that he remains in NA. Kamenev had a number of questions about him coming over to play in NA when he was drafted, it was why he fell to the second round.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

FFS. Well, I can't say that I'm surprised, a rookie coach in his first ever playoff hunt is going to ride his winning goalie and top players into the dirt to try to squeeze into the final seeds.

Hopefully this is a lesson he can learn from and will actually attempt a marathon rather than a mad dash. Even though I really don't like him as a coach and hope we move on ASAP.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Well, it will be fun to see how they respond. We'll learn about the coaches, the leaders, and the players themselves on Saturday. Win or lose, I would expect to see an extremely strong effort. If we don't see the effort, I am not sure what to say.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
It's games like this that make me wonder how the **** the Kings aren't better than what they currently show in the standings.

They cruise during the first three quarters of the season, then they ramp it up in the final quarter. Pretty smart, and unorthodox.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The flip side is that I never expected the Avs to be in the position to begin with. It would still be tough to take to come right down to the wire and not make it in. I think we will know after these next two games against Vegas what direction this is headed.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They cruise during the first three quarters of the season, then they ramp it up in the final quarter. Pretty smart, and unorthodox.
Well, not really that smart considering they have missed the playoffs each of the last two seasons. That "cruise control" mentality has not been good, and has almost cost them once again this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad