GDT: Game 73: Colorado Avalanche @ Chicago Blackhawks | Tuesday, March 20th | 6:30pm MT

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well no, cause you'll just get this to lock on your own then.

Is it fair to call him "worse than Hitler" since he did worse at Risk?

Just kidding, it's me who's working towards a lock.

They invented Risk to try and keep Bismarck from dominating europe any harder...well that and he realized that the rise of nationalism in europe meant that multi-national empires were dead for a century or two, and so a German Empire could only survive if the people within it considered themselves Germans; rather than the divided mess AustroHungary had grown into after the centuries of war against the Ottomans in the Balkans.

Granted we've circled back to multi-national empires with the rise of China, the EU, a more openly multi-ethnic US, and multi-national corporations...but still, at the time that realization was visionary and why he succeeded where the austrians couldn't.

PS I would've loved to have seen a mind like Bismarck's guiding our re-unification and the birth of an EU that anyone pays any attention to...pity he was such an anti-polish racist and didn't understand the dangers his tacit approval of divisively nationalistic rhetoric would present.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Big talk from someone with 200 fewer likes than me

eaaeedaed6765fc2d557066cea918608ebf0ee69a970f7ae384bb936f7af0961.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad