GDT: Game 73: Colorado Avalanche @ Chicago Blackhawks | Tuesday, March 20th | 6:30pm MT

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
extralarge.png
vs
extralarge.png

[39-25-8] [30-34-9]

giraffe-111139-1515447986538.jpg

extralarge.png

Fake Captain - MVP! MVP! - MVP Leech
Spaniard - Better Vision Than Stastny - Lake of Como
Figment of our Imagination - Tyson Jr. - Genetic Mistake
Rookie Wall - Lol Bust - GORRRRKKKKKKKKKKK

"I'm Pissed" - Future RW
+/- God - Bionic Shoulder
Tyson Barrie's Superior - Whatwhosky?

No Groins No Problems

extralarge.png

Panarin's Inferior - Disaster Contract #1 - No Breadman :(
Automatic Goal - Perfect Hockey Name - I want a Hinostroza
Red Wings Bust - Artem no I - Only Scores Hat-Tricks
Retire Already - Lol Kampf? - Automatic Goal

Heinous Season - Czech Jan
Offensive Savior - Disaster Contract #2
Oilers Cast Off - Failed Hjalmarsson Trade

They Both Suck

Scoring Leaders:
1) Nathan MacKinnon -----> 38G, 51A, 89 PTS
2) Mikko Rantanen -----> 25G, 52A, 77 PTS
3) Patrick Kane -----> 25G, 44A, 69 PTS
4) Gabriel Landeskog -----> 24G, 32A, 56 PTS
5) Jonathan Toews -----> 20G, 31A, 51 PTS
6) Tyson Barrie -----> 11G, 39A, 50 PTS
7) Nick Schmaltz -----> 20G, 28A, 48 PTS
8) Alex DeBrincat -----> 25G, 21A, 46 PTS
9) Alexander Kerfoot -----> 15G, 21A, 36 PTS
10) Carl Soderberg -----> 15G, 19A, 34 PTS

Disclaimer
I take no responsibility for the Blackhawks rookies scoring in tonight's game.​

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I am pretty sure if the Avs beat Chicago in regulation the Blackhawks are officially eliminated from the playoffs....

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Could be a huge night tonight. Avs need to take care of our own business first. But the teams around us have some tough games tonight, could be a really nice swing in our favor if things go the way they probably should go.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wilson back in tonight and playing with Kerfoot and Bourque as per Chambers.

Guess Kamenev is out? Unless somebody else is injured or sick or something. Or perhaps we'll see Warsoftsky out and run with 13F?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wilson back in tonight and playing with Kerfoot and Bourque as per Chambers.

Guess Kamenev is out? Unless somebody else is injured or sick or something. Or perhaps we'll see Warsoftsky out and run with 13F?

At first I read this in disappointment, then at a second glance I notice "Chambers" in that sentence. There is still hope for a not stupid lineup decision.

Reactions: cgf

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
At first I read this in disappointment, then at a second glance I notice "Chambers" in that sentence. There is still hope for a not stupid lineup decision.
Meh, I dunno. I don't have a huge issue with Kamenev being a scratch and having to earn his way into the lineup. He isn't as good as everybody pretends. Not yet anyway.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
My disappointment with Kam being out of the lineup has more to do with Kerfoot needing a major rest.

Reactions: S3rkie

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Meh, I dunno. I don't have a huge issue with Kamenev being a scratch and having to earn his way into the lineup. He isn't as good as everybody pretends. Not yet anyway.
I would hope its hard to crack a lineup when youre in the thick of a playoff push. It's one thing to feed a rookie time at the beginning of the year, but rolling the dice on games right now would be a bit silly IMO. Wilson and Gork are much safer bets. I'd take Kerfoot out to rest him before either of the other two with how everyones been playing.

Reactions: 5280

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think people are wearing blinders on Kamenev.

Look, I realize he had a rough injury. I realize he's young. I realize there's rust. But that doesn't mean I give him a free pass and pretend he's something he's not while we're in the thick of a playoff race. He was the slowest player on the ice last game. He was on the ice for 2 Avalanche shot attempts and 11 Red Wings shot attempts. He controlled the puck on a 3 on 1 which lead to the Avs not even getting a shot attempt because he didn't know what to do with it. He didn't attempt a shot and was 1 for 6 on faceoffs.

The rust will wear off I'm sure. He's a great prospect I know it. I've seen him lots in Milwaukee. I like Kamenev. But winning games right now is very important and I think he needs to earn his way into the lineup. I've seen many people say they loved Kamenenv's game against the wings and I hate saying things so boldly but the people who say that are wrong because he wasn't good.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think people are wearing blinders on Kamenev.

Look, I realize he had a rough injury. I realize he's young. I realize there's rust. But that doesn't mean I give him a free pass and pretend he's something he's not while we're in the thick of a playoff race. He was the slowest player on the ice last game. He was on the ice for 2 Avalanche shot attempts and 11 Red Wings shot attempts. He controlled the puck on a 3 on 1 which lead to the Avs not even getting a shot attempt because he didn't know what to do with it. He didn't attempt a shot and was 1 for 6 on faceoffs.

The rust will wear off I'm sure. He's a great prospect I know it. I've seen him lots in Milwaukee. I like Kamenev. But winning games right now is very important and I think he needs to earn his way into the lineup. I've seen many people say they loved Kamenenv's game against the wings and I hate saying things so boldly but the people who say that are wrong because he wasn't good.

At no point did I say he was impressive. If winning games is important, you play the players who are playing the best, and Kerfoot needs a mental and physical break right now. It's a bad to worse discussion anyways, but right now there is no upside in considering Kerfoot an auto play in every game. If anything I'd feel better if Toni was in and Kerfoot/Kam both scratched. At least there is upside to breaking the rust off Kam quicker.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
At no point did I say he was impressive. If winning games is important, you play the players who are playing the best, and Kerfoot needs a mental and physical break right now. It's a bad to worse discussion anyways, but right now there is no upside in considering Kerfoot an auto play in every game. If anything I'd feel better if Toni was in and Kerfoot/Kam both scratched. At least there is upside to breaking the rust off Kam quicker.
I agree and I'd probably put Toni in over Kerfoot too. My post wasn't directed at you. When I started typing it I had no idea you had even posted lol. There were numerous people praising Vlad after the last game.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think people in general are too willing to give the new fish (or just favorite young players) a bit too much rope and leeway... we are all human and have biases, but think that really plays into Kamenev's last game. He was horrible, but people want to see the good and are willing to offer up something to deflect. If this was game 20, you let him get comfortable and play through some mistakes... but this late in the season sit him down and try to win games.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I think people in general are too willing to give the new fish (or just favorite young players) a bit too much rope and leeway... we are all human and have biases, but think that really plays into Kamenev's last game. He was horrible, but people want to see the good and are willing to offer up something to deflect. If this was game 20, you let him get comfortable and play through some mistakes... but this late in the season sit him down and try to win games.

That's pretty much where i stand too. Kamenev is a great player who will help the Avs win hockey games in the near future. But he's not there yet and it's the wrong time to ice players who can't help the team winning now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad