GDT: Game 73 - Avs @ Wild - On the Table - 6PM

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Prove it.

Over the last two combined seasons Dries is the only full time PK’ing forward that has done a better job at limiting shots on goal, high danger shot attempts or scoring chances than Gabriel Bourque.

You can scream about him sucking because you dislike him all you want but you’ll have to provide eveidence to back that he’s bad at PK’ing. Especially when there is evidence to prove how effective he has been on the PK since the beginning of last season.

Yup... IMO Dries gets a lot of hate because he surpassed a more prized prospect this year and earned a spot. He's not a great player and isn't more than a 4th liner in the NHL, but he gets far more hate than he really should.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yup... IMO Dries gets a lot of hate because he surpassed a more prized prospect this year and earned a spot. He's not a great player and isn't more than a 4th liner in the NHL, but he gets far more hate than he really should.
I hate him. And I hate Bourque. They are both awful players at everything but penalty killing where they are both actually quite effective.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I've maintained that Dries is the perfect "tweener" forward. A guy who can contribute at the minor league level, but also isn't a guy you are concerned with being in the press box in the NHL as an extra. He's not gonna block anyone's development. He's perfectly fine and more capable at either end of the ice than Gork. I mean, he's pretty much been the 14th forward or so for most of the season, got bumped up obviously because Kamenev was lost for the season again. I also do not get the hate for him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I hate him. And I hate Bourque. They are both awful players at everything but penalty killing where they are both actually quite effective.

Which all you ask of your 4th line is to not get completely killed at ES and contribute on the PK. I wouldn't want him as an everyday player, but as a extra forward, I don't seen an issue with him.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
9lRe.gif
Atleast he's finally using a toilet instead of a bed.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Which all you ask of your 4th line is to not get completely killed at ES and contribute on the PK. I wouldn't want him as an everyday player, but as a extra forward, I don't seen an issue with him.
I know I always pick on your posts but I'd say ideally the 4th also privides energy and physicality. Bonus if they are capable of a grinding cycle to shift momentum.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I know I always pick on your posts but I'd say idealy the 4th also privides energy and physicality. Bonus if they are capable of a grinding cycle to shift momentum.

Bold is key... of course you always want more and better, but 4th lines in NA hockey are not really all that important. Ideally you'd have Brad Richardson and Ryan Reeves as 2/3 of your 4th line, but that isn't really going to happen for any team outside the top 5. Not everybody can find a way to have Tampa's 4th line... hell even Tampa will have to say goodbye to some of them this summer.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Bold is key... of course you always want more and better, but 4th lines in NA hockey are not really all that important. Ideally you'd have Brad Richardson and Ryan Reeves as 2/3 of your 4th line, but that isn't really going to happen for any team outside the top 5. Not everybody can find a way to have Tampa's 4th line... hell even Tampa will have to say goodbye to some of them this summer.
Agreed but I still think a guy like Greer or even Toni gives them a better makeup and gives them a better chance at succeeding in doing some of the things you'd like out of your 4th more often.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Agreed but I still think a guy like Greer or even Toni gives them a better makeup and gives them a better chance at succeeding in doing some of the things you'd like out of your 4th more often.

Greer hasn't done much of anything in the NHL that signals he can be that level of 4th liner. Toni has shown more since he has some chops defensively, but he would be the biggest offensive blackhole in the league. The swapping of characters on the 4th line would do nothing of substance here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad