GDT: Game 72: Avs vs. Devils - Last Second Edition

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Grubauer’s lows this season were worse than Varlamov’s.
Grubauer also played one game then sat for 4, while Varlamov was losing us games left and right. Again, should’ve given him more rope to see what they have. Now we are going into next season not knowing what we have in Francouz and Grubauer and Varlamov (hopefully) off the team.

Reactions: Balthazar

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Grubauer also played one game then sat for 4, while Varlamov was losing us games left and right. Again, should’ve given him more rope to see what they have. Now we are going into next season not knowing what we have in Francouz and Grubauer and Varlamov (hopefully) off the team.

Grubauer didn’t even look like an AHL goalie the first 3/4 of the year. Don’t let his recent play make you completely forgot about how absolutely terrible he was just a couple months ago.

Reactions: klozge

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
We need to somehow move to the eastern conference. We can't beat the ****** western teams, but we do great against the eastern ones.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
We absolutely cannot lose to any of Dallas, Minny, and Chicago... Tough task ahead of them. Possible but not likely imo.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It was his worst decision and the one that will cost him his job. It's not true at all that Grubi had his chances. One loss and he was sitting for 2-3 games (or more). Not once he gave him the chance to get it going.
He didn't earn the chance to get going with his performances in those games. I can't blame him for looking to the goalie with 200+ NHL wins to try to save the season. And sure enough, it was Varly who fixed his shit first.

His real mistake was not giving Frankie a start when Grubs was struggling and Varly was hurt.

Reactions: CobraAcesS and Avs

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Grubauer has 4 goals against in his last 5 games. Including 3 shut outs.

It'll be interesting to see how Varly does next game.

Hopefully Grubauer can get another start this year, but with the way he's been playing, it's unlikely.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Grubauer didn’t even look like an AHL goalie the first 3/4 of the year. Don’t let his recent play make you completely forgot about how absolutely terrible he was just a couple months ago.
I’m not forgetting a damn thing, you just don’t get what I’m saying.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
It was his worst decision and the one that will cost him his job. It's not true at all that Grubi had his chances. One loss and he was sitting for 2-3 games (or more). Not once he gave him the chance to get it going.

Grubauer got easier starts than Varly and still shitted the bed. In his first ten starts he had save percentage of below 90% five times. You have to be quite dum dum to give that kind of goalie the reins.

Reactions: CobraAcesS and Avs

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Grubauer has 4 goals against in his last 5 games. Including 3 shut outs.

It'll be interesting to see how Varly does next game.

Hopefully Grubauer can get another start this year, but with the way he's been playing, it's unlikely.
If Bednar submits the lineup with Varlamov as the starter Sakic should sack him on the spot and coach himself.

Reactions: mapletreemarty

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Am I reading things wrong or are people on here complaining about Bednar playing the superior goalie more than the worse one?

I’m glad to see Grubauer playing well lately and I hope he earns the job as our starter for the next 5 years. But as bad as Varlamov has been this year, Grubauer has been significantly worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad