GDT: Game 72: Avs @ Flames | Friday, March 18th, 7pm MT | The Race to 86 Points

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just like 2014, we will limp by with the most barebones roster we possibly can. I still just don't understand why.

Exactly. I get rolling with your soldiers and all that but after they've taken the playoffs or else stance put the best effing talent on the ice. It's like talking out of both sides of their mouth. I don't want to hear about development or protecting assets or any mumbo jumbo. There's no reason to put a short roster on the ice, it's 2016 and you have an AHL team for a reason. I'm not even specifically talking about you know who. There's no reason to be forced to hold your nose and begrudgingly insert Redmond or Chuck into the lineup either.

Thanks for the gif Foppa.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
What's wrong with Greg and Soda filling in as our top Centers?

I'm fine with Grigorenko and Soderberg getting top 6 center minutes.

I'm not fine with both of them getting simultaneous top 6 minutes with no skilled wingers. In the midst of a playoff race, while great options await the Avs in SA.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Well
tumblr_static_this_guy.jpg

is going to enjoy this one.

Bring on the Oilers.

Where has Mcleod been? by the way.......I don't recall seeing him at all these last two games.....

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario

E: Something like this w/ no callups:

Landy - Soda - Boedker
Matthias - Greg - Iginla
Marty - Malkin - Como
Cody - - Skille

Stick Matthias in as the 3C with Malkin going back to 4C and Como moving into the top 6, if we do call up Everberg.

Crazy how that lineup doesn't even look that bad. Damn we are scary on paper when we are healthy.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

E: Something like this w/ no callups:

Landy* - Soda - Boedker
Matthias* - Greg - Iginla
Marty - Malkin - Como
Cody - - Skille

If we do call up Everberg/Rintintin/Rendo, stick Matthias in as the 3C with Malkin going back to 4C and Como moving into the top 6.
I remember reading somewhere we only have 2 non emergency call ups left for the season. I'm also not sure what the minimum requirements for an emergency call up is.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I remember reading somewhere we only have 2 non emergency call ups left for the season. I'm also not sure what the minimum requirements for an emergency call up is.

Henchy said earlier that we could've used an emergency call up for this game because Dutchy was hurt. So if Landy's in and Mack is out, then any call up should still qualify as an emergency call up.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I gotta give a good shout out to the play of Malkin. He was asked to step outside of his playing ability and I thought he performed admirably tonight, definitely played a very solid game.

Watching this again, maybe it was a bad charley horse if we're lucky as the Flame player came charging in and hit his left leg. Please don't be another knee.

It looks like it got hyper-extended. Fortunately though, it looked like he was able to at least play through it and it wasn't something truly horrifying like an MCL sprain, tear, or anything Achilles. E: Yeah right when I post this, his knee is getting re-evaluated (which is not an amazing sign). For the people who do not know what that means, majority of the time, the knee area is too swollen to take a look at.

I don't believe in jinxes, but I might have just jinxed MacKinnon. :laugh: Sorry guys', when I was posting all that stuff about Rantanen and how he probably won't be called up except if something really bad happens like if MacKinnon goes down. Then boom, he missed like the last 5ish minutes of the 3rd (could be longer) and all of OT. Yeah, my bad on that one. :facepalm::scared:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Knees are bad news. Holy Christmas.

The knee really is the worst joint.

I don't believe in jinxes, but I might have just jinxed MacKinnon. :laugh: Sorry guys', but when I was posting all that stuff about Rantanen and how he probably won't be called up except if something really bad happens like if MacKinnon goes down. Then boom, he missed like the last 5ish minutes of the 3rd (could be longer) and all of OT. Yeah, my bad on that one. :facepalm::scared:

Burn the witch!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Oh man...hoping that he's just getting re-evaluated because they think he's fine and just want to make sure...

From the .GIF on the previous page, does it not look like there's some knee-on-knee between MacKinnon and a Flame off the face-off?

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Went back and watched Macks shifts the last 15mins or so. This play below was the only one of note. Was skating fine and looked good until this. Finished the shift and had two more after it, but didn't look quite right. Like his foot was bothering him or something, his stride didn't look normal and powerful. No contact or anything worrisome before or after this play.

Dang, missed this .gif for some reason.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
The fact that he kept skating and didn't really look to be labouring too much after is a good sign no?

That's gotta be where it happened too based on how he lifts his leg right after the contact.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Oh man...hoping that he's just getting re-evaluated because they think he's fine and just want to make sure...

From the .GIF on the previous page, does it not look like there's some knee-on-knee between MacKinnon and a Flame off the face-off?

Yea I noticed that too afterwards and commented that I hoped it was just a charley horse. Doesn't sound like we're that lucky.

We're getting screwed here seriously.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

Now that you mention it. It does look like 79 Ferland comes off the wing and goes knee to knee with Mack's knee.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The fact that he kept skating and didn't really look to be labouring too much after is a good sign no?

That's gotta be where it happened too based on how he lifts his leg right after the contact.

No can't read anything into that unfortunately. We've seen guys finish shifts and finish games after tweaking their knee on a play, but then be out for the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad