GDT: Game 72: Avs @ Flames | Friday, March 18th, 7pm MT | The Race to 86 Points

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Went back and watched Macks shifts the last 15mins or so. This play below was the only one of note. Was skating fine and looked good until this. Finished the shift and had two more after it, but didn't look quite right. Like his foot was bothering him or something, his stride didn't look normal and powerful. No contact or anything worrisome before or after this play.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah, I think I trust their decision with Rants. We have just as much a reason to trust them as not to in this situation. Why not see how it plays out.

Well, like I said, I understand the (likely) business aspect of their decision. It makes sense, and there's still stuff he can learn in the AHL.

But at some point, even as a big-time supporter of this management regime, even I have to say that perhaps recalling him in the face of these injuries (Duchene missing 7-10 games--perhaps more--and potentially MacKinnon going down). Same thing for Zadorov, too (Avs Twitter JUST quoted Roy that Gelinas will be "out for a while" with an elbow injury).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Went back and watched Macks shifts the last 15mins or so. This play below was the only one of note. Was skating fine and looked good until this. Finished the shift and had two more after it, but didn't look quite right. Like his foot was bothering him or something, his stride didn't look normal and powerful. No contact or anything worrisome before or after this play.

Watching this again, maybe it was a bad charley horse if we're lucky as the Flame player came charging in and hit his left leg. Please don't be another knee.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I gotta admit I was raged when they scored two SHGs and even turned the game off until the 3rd period but really happy with how we played in the 3rd. EJ and Boedker looked great.

I'll really question the front office if Macks out and we don't call Rantanen though. If the front office is serious about making the PO, there's no reason Rants shouldn't get the call.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Well, like I said, I understand the (likely) business aspect of their decision. It makes sense, and there's still stuff he can learn in the AHL.

But at some point, even as a big-time supporter of this management regime, even I have to say that perhaps recalling him in the face of these injuries (Duchene missing 7-10 games--perhaps more--and potentially MacKinnon going down). Same thing for Zadorov, too (Avs Twitter JUST quoted Roy that Gelinas will be "out for a while" with an elbow injury).

Yeah.....for three games? Made sense for them to bring him up, too. I'd like to know why they didn't, for sure. I just don't think we should throw them under the bus yet, since we don't really know the reason.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I thought he said it was an elbow?

I'm assuming that was Gelinas. They said shoulder on the broadcast but that had to have been a dislocated or broken elbow the way he was hit.

No offense to the guy but that was a terrible job of protecting himself to. He just has no awareness or instincts at all.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah.....for three games? Made sense for them to bring him up, too. I'd like to know why they didn't, for sure. I just don't think we should throw them under the bus yet, since we don't really know the reason.

Ehh...I don't know if it made too much sense to bring him up for strictly 3 games, I wasn't clamoring for him to come up at that point.

And I'm not really throwing them under the bus either, but rather am stating that if MacKinnon is out, and Duchene is out, even with getting Landeskog back, he's not a Center...and I'm not sure we can go with ANY combination of Soderberg, Mitchell, and Grigorenko as our Top-2 centers...they might need to re-think the decision and bring him up.

And "LOL" at no one asking about MacKinnon...Maybe Dater can contact his source(s) in the Avs to find out about MacKinnon.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What's wrong with Greg and Soda filling in as our top Centers?

E: Something like this w/ no callups:

Landy* - Soda - Boedker
Matthias* - Greg - Iginla
Marty - Malkin - Comeau
Cody - - Skille

If we do call up Everberg/Rintintin/Rendo, stick Matthias in as the 3C with Malkin going back to 4C and Como moving into the top 6.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad