GDT: Game 71: Red Wings at preds 5:00 pm et 3/23/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Wow, I watched a different game than y'all did. Other than a couple of WTF moments that led to the goal I thought this was a very even and fun game to watch. Result sucked, of course.

Agreed. Which makes it such a tough loss.

It was a hard fought game and the Wings were hanging right there with the Preds for much of it.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
I do not like compher playing with Kane. It never works consistently.

Honestly besides the one shift in the 3rd it was a good game against a team that is the hottest in the league. Can't fault the boys for the effort.

One thing I noticed lots this game offensively was that often someone will wrap the puck around the boards in the O zone and it's either with too much force and a teammate can't get it or not enough force and a teammate can't get it. It hurts the cycle game.

Lastly this game shows that petry should 100% be sitting once walman is back because he was not very good tonight and Ed was a beast for a few shifts in the 3rd with his defending. Strong game from him overall again with a couple mistakes but a lot more good. He definitely makes this team better.

Reactions: wings95

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Can't score when 93, 88, 23 are having an off game and 71 has the flu. Was JT under the weather also, his face offs were not good and he usually is a lot better. Can't win them all. Need more than 23 shots

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
It's almost like we played against a Norris trophy winner or something
From four years ago. Not sure what that's supposed to mean. Yeah, he's still good but Nashville plays well defensively as a team. You can't be good defensively unless it's a collective mindset.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Cant wait till debrincat scores 10 goals last 5 games and fans can forget how he had 0 goals in 15 games when the team needed him the most and convince themselves hes someone we can count as a core piece when were good again lmao

Last edited:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
From four years ago. Not sure what that's supposed to mean. Yeah, he's still good but Nashville plays well defensively as a team. You can't be good defensively unless it's a collective mindset.
Oh, I'm just saying Nashville is a tough team to play against. They're pretty stingy defensively. It seems like some posters were thinking we should be lighting them up or something.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
They'll need to beat tough opponents like Nashville to make up for getting ass raped by Arizona in two games.

Fynn

Apr 23, 2017
Preds D is just suffocating. Great job keeping the play to the outside, and so often it felt like they would cancel the play out immediately and move it out.
The Yotes did the same thing to them, so...

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
And to give up that goal with multiple opportunities to clear. Not clutch.

Yup. though honestly it's a miracle the puck stayed out of the net on that made scramble where everyone piled in the crease.

Fischer losing the puck is one of those bad plays that suck but happens. Then there were several other chances to recover that got blown.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I look at the preds defense and it shouldn't be so much better than ours. But it is.

Like yeah they have an elite goalie, but do you feel goalie'd today? No.

Josi elite no doubt
Mcdonut old but still solid
Carrier ok
Schenn uh ok
Barrie uh huh
Del Gaizo who

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Lyon looked great, I hope we start him against Washington. Pretty much a must-win.

I'd like to have Sprong back in, but Czarnik has looked pretty good, so has Fischer (he just had that one giveaway to Nyquist but other than that he's been one of our best players despite limited minutes for the last 5 or so games); you can't sit Debrincat, he's one of our 5 best forwards.

I might sit Perron. He made some strong plays along the boards but I think someone quicker on that first line would be more effective throughout the game.

Not Sprong -- I'm not saying put Sprong on the top line -- maybe bump Debrincat up to the first line so that he's not trying to pass it to Kane every time he touches the puck.

Debrincat-Larkin-Raymond
Sprong-Compher-Kane
Rasmussen-Copp-Fischer
Veleno-Czarnik-Fabbri

I doubt Walman will be in since he couldn't even skate today, so we're probably stuck with Petry and Maatta in there. They haven't been horrible but a 6 man group with Walman in and one of those two out would be better, as long as pairings are logical.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I look at the preds defense and it shouldn't be so much better than ours. But it is.

Like yeah they have an elite goalie, but do you feel goalie'd today? No.

Josi elite no doubt
Mcdonut old but still solid
Carrier ok
Schenn uh ok
Barrie uh huh
Del Gaizo who
The musical chairs at goalie has hurt Detroit. Lyon was good today but having a reliable #1 goalie is a big advantage for Nashville. Also, having a great #1 defenseman. Seider is not in Josi's league right now.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
I looked it up to check Mo's comment and holy hell Forsberg has 16 points in the last 10 games.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I do not like compher playing with Kane. It never works consistently.

Honestly besides the one shift in the 3rd it was a good game against a team that is the hottest in the league. Can't fault the boys for the effort.

One thing I noticed lots this game offensively was that often someone will wrap the puck around the boards in the O zone and it's either with too much force and a teammate can't get it or not enough force and a teammate can't get it. It hurts the cycle game.

Lastly this game shows that petry should 100% be sitting once walman is back because he was not very good tonight and Ed was a beast for a few shifts in the 3rd with his defending. Strong game from him overall again with a couple mistakes but a lot more good. He definitely makes this team better.
Petry had a chance to clean the zone.
Can't score when 93, 88, 23 are having an off game and 71 has the flu. Was JT under the weather also, his face offs were not good and he usually is a lot better. Can't win them all. Need more than 23 shots
93 12 games and counting
Yup. though honestly it's a miracle the puck stayed out of the net on that made scramble where everyone piled in the crease.

Fischer losing the puck is one of those bad plays that suck but happens. Then there were several other chances to recover that got blown.
Petry

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad