GDT: Game 71: Red Wings at preds 5:00 pm et 3/23/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (62).png

Lyon is in net, road trip begins. Let's Go Boys!
Perron-Czarnik (for Larkin)-Raymond
DeBrincat-Compher-Kane
Rasmussen-Copp-Fischer
Fabbri-Veleno-Sprong
Berggren (extra)
Chiarot-Seider
Edvinsson-Petry
Maatta-Gostisbehere
Holl (extra)
Lyon/Reimer/Husso

Reactions: Chelis Chili

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Will be a tough get here, Nashville has been strong over the past month.

Need Feburary Lyon on this one.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Lyon getting another shot, @Gniwder?? :naughty:
I'm a bit surprised that Fester would switch given that Reimer won the last game, but there's no denying Lyon is the best out of the 3 when he has his head in the game.

I will cheer for him and Coppgoat if that's what it takes to get into the playoffs. Lyon will be my next spacegoat if he shits the bed.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I'm a bit surprised that Fester would switch given that Reimer won the last game, but there's no denying Lyon is the best out of the 3 when he has his head in the game.

I will cheer for him and Coppgoat if that's what it takes to get into the playoffs. Lyon will be my next spacegoat if he shits the bed.
Hopefully this can remain an Amber Heard-free team!

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I lived in Tennessee from ages 6 months to 7 years. Important formative years spent in Columbia, TN. I'm thinking seriously about retiring there in a couple years. But ............. you gotta love ya some Stephen Lynch...

Reactions: acetehubernoob

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I lived in Tennessee from ages 6 months to 7 years. Important formative years spent in Columbia, TN. I'm thinking seriously about retiring there in a couple years. But ............. you gotta love ya some Stephen Lynch...

HA!, I live in Columbia near the Spring Hill line.

Roman Josi is on another level right now. Nyquist and Forsberg have some crazy chemistry going on. Almost Nyquist Explosion level.

Wings are going to need to play their best game of the season tomorrow.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
HA!, I live in Columbia near the Spring Hill line.

Roman Josi is on another level right now. Nyquist and Forsberg have some crazy chemistry going on. Almost Nyquist Explosion level.

Wings are going to need to play their best game of the season tomorrow.
I miss Gus for sure. I think our house burned down since then, but we were on Sunnyside Drive.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I miss Gus for sure. I think our house burned down since then, but we were on Sunnyside Drive.

The street I live on is all Michigan people who relocated when the Saturn plant came to Spring Hill -- now retired plant workers.

They just built a multi-billion dollar battery plant for GM electric division next to the former Saturn plant named Ultium Cell. It's massive.

Columbia is a charming historic city with lots of interesting history. We love it here.

Back on topic, I always found the Predators to be a boring team to watch. But they are a fun team right now. This will be a great test for the DRWs. If they can pull it off, it'll be HUGE confidence booster!

I hope Seider and Ed watch Roman Josi and take notes.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We lost him pretty much for nothing, probably because he was small and not physical . After that we went and overpaid Cat and gamble with Kane, drafted overeager Buchelnikov . Anyway 34 years old Nyquist almost point per game and paid little over 3 million per season.
We got similar guy in system that probably not going to last

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
We lost him pretty much for nothing, probably because he was small and not physical . After that we went and overpaid Cat and gamble with Kane, drafted overeager Buchelnikov . Anyway 34 years old Nyquist almost point per game and paid little over 3 million per season.
Nyquist has a career average pace of 52 points per 82 games. Good for him that he's above that this year, but he's not a better player than either Debrincat or Kane.

Reactions: 13to40

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Nyquist was traded 5 years ago when the team was bottoming out. Comparing that with ADB and Kane's acquisitions is... interesting, to be sure, but hardly useful.

Reactions: The Red Line

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Win-lose, Red Wings need Alex Lyon to have a solid game and get back on the right track.

Echo-chamber understatement on how important every point/win is now moving forward.

Flyers have 79/Capitals have 77 with a game in hand. Tight stuff.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Nyquist has a career average pace of 52 points per 82 games. Good for him that he's above that this year, but he's not a better player than either Debrincat or Kane.
i like Cat, Copp, Holl , but they overpaid for what they brings. Kane is a unique and we got lucky, don't know how much he will ask for next contract., but to bring unique players you should save on others

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"In December of 1864 at least 4 regiments of cavalry and infantry from the state of Michigan participated in the decisive Battle of Nashville, where Confederate General John Bell Hood's Army of the Tennessee was effectively destroyed. Nearly 160 years later some boys from Michigan are again in Nashville, this time playing a game for goals and playoffs instead of life and death. If the visiting Red Wings want a victory of their own in tonight's contest though, they won't get it with cavalry skirmishes and flanking moves around the Predators, but instead by solid defense and a renewed offensive power under their returned captain, Dylan Larkin."

- Plausible Keats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad