Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Victory cheesesteak

10072711_YhfBotB4xw7dtxZA6WshMA6ozBD33b_FWD5i00ioE9M.jpg

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
While I'd like to see someone with better hands than Kuraly on the second line, I thought he did a good job of opening up some space for Pasta and Krejci who almost connected on a couple of nice plays tonight. I wouldn't be upset at seeing a bit more of that line in the next couple of games to see if there's any potential there moving forward. Ideally DeBrusk or Ritchie will get going and claim that left wing spot for the playoffs but with both seemingly MIA lately, I don't mind rewarding a good soldier like Kuraly with an opportunity up the lineup to see what he can do with it.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Tough couple periods and Moore-Cliffy looked a bit sketchy, but Tuuka was vintage immense tonight. Like Gryz and Lauzon, they are a good pairing and they both had strong games. Krejci still looking like crap out there- he's in some kind of slump. I hope he breaks out. All in all, a good win, and I think Milbury said it well at the end- this team finds ways to win, even when they are not having the best of nights. They never quit on a game (except when they have big leads :laugh:) and this is in large part Cassidy's doing IMO.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Magic number to clinch is down to 5 (Bruins points or Panthers missed points)

Not that making the playoffs has been in doubt but it’s always nice!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Remarkable Rask. Just a star. Happy birthday Tuuks, nice present you bought yourself there. Bergy wrapped it in a bow with that snipe.

Good luck to whoever gets Philly in the first round of the playoffs though. They're going to need it - this is a good team. Might by Pittsburgh. Now that would be fun
:popcorn:
The Bruins had terrible trouble getting the puck out of their own zone in the first period and parts of the second. It's not a great strength of theirs at the best of times and something that still really needs to improve before the postseason. Otherwise I thought our D scrapped hard and fought it out. The Flyers beat them with sheer pace sometimes but they never gave up on plays. Cliffy did pretty well for a guy who hasn't played in the NHL in over 2 months and he put his body on the line and checked hard as usual. Moore was better than last game. They weren't watertight as a pair but did a good enough job for a rusty, thrown-together combination.

Boston also gave up another 3 excellent chances for their opponent to score SHGs, and would have conceded that way again if not for Rask and Coyle. Not good enough. Puck management on PPs simply has to be better. If they want puck possession lessons Coyle's the guy to go to - just superb control by him again on multiple plays.

I thought Kuraly-Krejci-Pasta actually worked really well as a combo and gave Pasta in particular some great looks. On a better night he'd have finished at least one of them. Obviously Kuraly can't be a long-term 2nd line guy but I wouldn't mind them giving Kase more time with Bergy and trying Bjork with the other Czechs. That couple be a dangerous matchup. Or even Ritchie. Pasta's not the fastest guy so he doesn't really need super-quick linemates to make him a threat. Just a guy who can battle and win pucks and create space (Nick) and one who can tee him up (Krej). Either way that middle 6 really needs something extra and Pasta with the right guys might be it. Bergy and Marchand will be just fine without him and Kase has the potential to make it work with them.

100 points and the first stage finish line in sight. Excellent performance so far, now let's secure home ice ASAP and buy some time to get everything ship-shape for the real contest. And stay/get healthy!

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Carter Hart last 9 home games:
1.88 GAA; .938 Sv%

Tuukka Rask last 9 road games:
1.66 GAA; .944 Sv%

Those first numbers by Hart are amazing...those numbers by Rask are mind blowing. What a performance by the best goalie in hockey. Hopefully Hart gets there one day. Happy Birthday Tuukka.

Hope to meet you guys in the playoffs.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Watched the game with my buddy whose a Flyers fan and after 10 minutes he said ‘we aint beating Rask tonight’ and i said ‘looks like we ain’t beating Hart tonight either’, really happy I was wrong!

Tuukka is the man. Don’t let anyone touch him.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The facial expressions and body language of the Flyers were very telling. They gave it their all, but they sensed nothing was getting past Rask. Even Hart - he looked like he knew that first goal would be enough.

Should the B's meet the Flyers in the ECF, face-offs could be an issue.

Loved mixing up the lines; even the Perfection Line has been less than perfect.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As much as I like watching Philly lose (who doesn’t like Philly fan tears?), their team is indeed looking like a top team. Finally performing like they should with their talent. The roster has been underachieving for years.

It was noticeable however how exhausted they looked in the third. The Bruins were choking them out tactically, but it’s almost like they blew their whole wad in the first half of the game. As a team, the chances really thinned out once the 30 minute mark passed.

Also, the ice looked horrible. Every single player on the ice seemed to struggle receiving passes.
As a Bruins fan we cannot complain about the ice as it is horrible in Boston.

Beating the Flyers is always a good thing ! Snapping their 9 game winning streak was fun !

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Well....he’s not worth $7M to the Bruins I don’t think. Obviously he’s worth $5M because that’s what he’s getting now. I wonder what they will do. Kuraly gave them a home team discount on a 3 yr extension. Chara only makes $2M. I could live with $5.5M a year for 3 yrs for Krug.

They just gave away their 1st round pick in 2020 too

Have to consider trading his rights at the draft before he becomes UFA. not saying to, but it will be an option.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
While I'd like to see someone with better hands than Kuraly on the second line, I thought he did a good job of opening up some space for Pasta and Krejci who almost connected on a couple of nice plays tonight. I wouldn't be upset at seeing a bit more of that line in the next couple of games to see if there's any potential there moving forward. Ideally DeBrusk or Ritchie will get going and claim that left wing spot for the playoffs but with both seemingly MIA lately, I don't mind rewarding a good soldier like Kuraly with an opportunity up the lineup to see what he can do with it.

Ritchie might learn to copy some of the effort that Kuraly puts out on every shift

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad