Post-Game Talk: Game 70 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUUKKA - BRUINS 2 Sons of Gritty 0 F

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I'm sure if he is still here he will be unprotected.....problem is we can only protect 3 Krug if, Carlo, McAvoy

That leaves Grz, Lauzon, Moore etc unprotected
Did you forget Chara on purpose ?

My 3 are Carlo, McAvoy, and Lauzon.
Try to make a deal with Seattle, send them a 3rd rounder.

Reactions: Strafer

rank

Mar 2, 2020
I'm sure if he is still here he will be unprotected.....problem is we can only protect 3 Krug if, Carlo, McAvoy

That leaves Grz, Lauzon, Moore etc unprotected
I’m sure Moore will be unprotected. Has anyone seen his contract?

Last edited:

rank

Mar 2, 2020
Thinking Krug is only worth 3 x $5.5M is a terribad player analysis, and shows a complete lack of awareness of NHL contracts. If he's only getting 3 years, his AAV is gonna go way up, like over 8. Yes, he's that good,
You think more of him than I do. I like him and I get he leads the league in assists but he’s only got 9 goals. His career high is 14 goals. He’s a minus 4. He’s 3rd on the team in minutes logged. And he’s lightweight midget at 5 ft 9 in and 185. We’re talking Jared Spurgeon here not Bobby Orr

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
In no way was I comparing Krug’s skill and age to that of Kuraly and the age of Chara. I was only saying they don’t throw money away.

FWIW, even at 43, In my mind Chara is still better than Krug in every way except skating and passing. Of course Krug probably has more years ahead of him and you have to pay for that but when all is said and done, God bless him, he’s still a 5-9 185 lb defenseman that has trouble imposing his will on bigger forwards.
:banghead:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
You think more of him than I do. I like him and I get he leads the league in assists but he’s only got 9 goals. His career high is 14 goals. He’s a minus 4. He’s 3rd on the team in minutes logged. And he’s lightweight midget at 5 ft 9 in and 185. We’re talking Jared Spurgeon here not Bobby Orr
He also leads the entire NHL in PP assists for Dmen. Since you can't get an assist without a teammate scoring a goal, that means he's pretty important for scoring goals, even if he's not the one scoring them.

No one ever (EVER) compared him to Bobby Orr. The term strawman gets thrown around a lot here, but this is a PERFECT example of one.

rank

Mar 2, 2020
He also leads the entire NHL in PP assists for Dmen. Since you can't get an assist without a teammate scoring a goal, that means he's pretty important for scoring goals, even if he's not the one scoring them.

No one ever (EVER) compared him to Bobby Orr. The term strawman gets thrown around a lot here, but this is a PERFECT example of one.
Apparently you missed where I mentioned his assists above.

If you think I’m underestimating him, then pick a player that Krug compares to in your estimation. I said $5.5M Jared Spurgeon. There’s no straw man about it.

EDIT: OK here you go....Ryan Ellis with quasi similar numbers who’s 5’-10” 180 lbs. 8 goals 30 assists way better +/- and logs more ice but he’s at $7.7M and a $6.2M cap hit.

Last edited:

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland

It's irrelevant as to how much we think Krug is worth..But on the market, his value is 8 million and some teams may even go as high as 8.5...BUT Torey Krug wants to remain a Bruin. Personally I believe he'll sign a 6 yr deal very similar to his biddy Marchands contract..I think Sweeney will go no higher than 7 million..If Krug wants to be paid more, it'll have to be on a non contending team because I cant see a Cup Contender being able to afford Krug at any more than the Bruins can pay him.

Krug admitted to wanting to stay in Boston, he mentioned the home discounts that Marchand and Pasta signed for, I think he does the same and remains a Bruins..As deep as the Bruins are on defense, there's no player that can replace Krug on the PP..Boston is 2nd or 3rd in the league on the PP..Take Krug off the PP and they drop significantly..

Now this is only my opinion, just an ordinary Bruin fan telling it the way I see it..Cheers

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad