Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - YUCK!!!! Ducks score 3 in final 4 minutes

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Trade Ullmark. Make Swayman the #1. He's ready and is playing better than Linus.

Find a way to put Mason Lohrei in this lineup.
Edmonton needs a goalie. But im not sure who we would want from them. Nugent hopkins doesnt do it. He us another zacha imo. Who else is a contender snd needs a goalie who has a young centre they could give up. Hard to find in a trade

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Sorry Susan, I was actually joking. When GodFather suggested bringing Claude back I couldn’t help but pretend I thought he meant as a player — hence the “he’s lost a step” bad joke.

On a serious note, I don’t think Claude is a possibility to come back — if only because of his health. But like you, I loved the guy and he was definitely a favorite.
That's funny, earlier when I read your post I took "he's a lost a step" as in coaching, not playing lol. I'm da dumb. Missed the joke.

Reactions: Number8

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I’m still taking McAvoy over Montour.

Montour was great against the Bruins, no doubt, but the rest of his post season left a lot to be desired. He went on a stretch of 1 point in 12 games after that series.
montour over mcavoy is a choice. paulie D is probably on an island, fistpumping with a small handful of folks there.

• Haha
Reactions: lopey and Ladyfan

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
montour over mcavoy is a choice. paulie D is probably on an island, fistpumping with a small handful of folks there.
Credit where credit is due. Montour decimated us in that series.

However, I’m trading McAvoy for Montour…. Never. Fortunately, and I’d bet huge money on it, I think Don Sweeney agrees.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This team upfront is significantly degraded from last years team. They relied on Swayman (LA) and Ullmark for at least two W. DeBrusk played well in one game thus far and Beecher though ok defensively, looks like he is very much figuring the NHL out offensively and it has nothing to do with the empty net.

The performance of #18 and #13 the next 3 games is going to be very something to watch.

Montgomery will have last change, so it will be interesting how he deploys those two
against Larkin on Detroit, then Barkov and Toronto's Matthews and Tavares. Florida is still missing Ekblad and Montour.

Coyle has played well against Toronto in the past and he and Zacha played well
in games 3\4 against Florida in top 6 roles, though Hall and Bertuzzi drove the O
against them and they aren't here now.

Yeah, quite a few players to pay particular attention to in this next stretch. Just about everyone, goalies excluded, can play better than they've shown so far, and we will see how Beecher and Poitras (surely he stays) handle things once the initial rush has worn off and they get into the grind of a long season. Interesting stretch ahead.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
4 chances now.

Do I hear 5?
I counted 3 times for a quarter that Zacha couldn't clear the puck out of the zone...on the same shift. Two weak back-handers and a total whiff on the forehand right in front of the net that led directly to Anaheim's 2nd goal to make it 3-2.

Then Lindholm topped it off with another weak back-hander to set the stage for the tying goal from Terry off Marchand's stick.

The Bruins should start giving out a "golden cow-pie" award to the player most responsible for a loss. The three finalists last night would've been Brown, Zacha and Lindholm........with Zacha taking home the prize.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I counted 12 times Carlo could have but didn't check someone so hard they got carried off in a stretcher. Trade him for a bag of pucks. We would have won last night if he did.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
I counted 12 times Carlo could have but didn't check someone so hard they got carried off in a stretcher. Trade him for a bag of pucks. We would have won last night if he did.
Vancouver needs a D-man like Carlo to play with Quinn Hughes. If they could pry Pettersson out of Vancouver they should do it without question.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Edmonton needs a goalie. But im not sure who we would want from them. Nugent hopkins doesnt do it. He us another zacha imo. Who else is a contender snd needs a goalie who has a young centre they could give up. Hard to find in a trade
I was thinking about that last night. They should target Gibson. Gibson is under rated. He has had a terrible team in front of him for as long as I can remember.

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad