GDT: Game 7 - Your New Jerseyyyyyy Devilssss @ Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

I think Zidlicky's issues are really overexaggerated. He's an offensive d-man. Not sure why people expect him to be a shutdown guy.

Volchenkov IS a shutdown guy and gift wraps goals to the opposition. He is the worst d-man on this team.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think Zidlicky's issues are really overexaggerated. He's an offensive d-man. Not sure why people expect him to be a shutdown guy.

Volchenkov IS a shutdown guy and gift wraps goals to the opposition. He is the worst d-man on this team.

Sure that's all true and all, but he trucked Malkin. HE STAYS.

Oroku Saki*

I just want angry Volch. The benching might be good for him.

Zidlicky is lucky he is putting up points because he has been putrid.

apice3*

Angry Volch, Happy Volch, Sad Volch, I don't care. He's one dimensional, not good at it, and his best asset bothers our goalie. He's gotta go, or he's getting amnesty'd.

Oroku Saki*

Angry Volch, Happy Volch, Sad Volch, I don't care. He's one dimensional, not good at it, and his best asset bothers our goalie. He's gotta go, or he's getting amnesty'd.

I doubt it. Who would take his contract if he is so bad? NTC complicates it. I'm not sure Lou will buy him out unless we are trying to land a big fish via FA.

apice3*

I really don't care who takes it or for what. I've grown tired of watching him **** up. He brings nothing dynamic to the table and he's easily replaceable.

Oroku Saki*

He's been neutered by the Devils and doesn't fit the system. He's trying to be something he is not. He was never a pure shutdown defenseman. He was someone who blocked shots and made huge hits. He can't do that here because he is trying to be better positionally.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Expect Volchenkov in Android mode tomorrow. Terrible giveaway but he was the only that seemed to care in the 3rd period. Great wake up call. Watch out Tavares.

apice3*

He's been neutered by the Devils and doesn't fit the system. He's trying to be something he is not. He was never a pure shutdown defenseman. He was someone who blocked shots and made huge hits. He can't do that here because he is trying to be better positionally.

That's just more of a reason to get him the **** out

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Volchenkov is immovable. 4.25 for another 4 years, for a defenseman who is a number 6 on team with no overly impressive defensemen and has seen his minutes diminsh steadily since he's arrived in NJ...who would want that?

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Honestly, I expect Volchenkov to be scratched tomorrow.

I wouldn't do that because of his very physical 3rd period. Revenge is sweet and n terms of coaching, Peter Deboer should give him a chance to let that momentum going.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I've defended Volchenkov for a long time, but he needs to sit. We all love his ability to lay somebody out, but that's not enough to justify keeping him in the lineup when he's playing as poorly as he is.

Oroku Saki*

He was good last game and was fine up until that gaffe. I just think people have had the pitchforks ready for a while now. $4.25 is a lot for another 3 years. I agree but I doubt anyone takes that contract until next summer.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He was good last game and was fine up until that gaffe. I just think people have had the pitchforks ready for a while now. $4.25 is a lot for another 3 years. I agree but I doubt anyone takes that contract until next summer.

Why would anybody ever take on that contract? You can literally pick up a defenseman that will play 15 minutes a night at similar level of defense for a million, maybe even less

Sure you might not get the same physical play, but is that worth an extra 3.25 million on a multi year deal?

Paying any stay at home guy premium dollars is a bad move.

Oroku Saki*

Why would anybody ever take on that contract? You can literally pick up a defenseman that will play 15 minutes a night at similar level of defense for a million, maybe even less

Sure you might not get the same physical play, but is that worth an extra 3.25 million on a multi year deal?

Paying any stay at home guy premium dollars is a bad move.

I agree with you. Read my previous posts. His contract is ours for better or worse. With a year left maybe someone takes him but by then Lou might just keep him. I'm just a fan of the little things about him. Like how opposing players chicken out along the boards because they know he is going to hit them.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Volchenkov's singled out because his mistake was pretty obvious. He's responsible for one goal against, that was a gaffe plain and simple. But Pittsburgh still scored 4 other goals. Where were his teammates, What was the team captain doing for example ?

That was a putrid effort by the whole team, everyone deserves to be blamed but at least Volchenkov showed a bit of emotion late in the game. I respect him for that.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
He also seems to have bricks for brains, too. :help:

And yet he's more useful than Zidlicky....that's how bad Marek is.
Zidlicky has way more value to this team than Volch. I dont understand the Zidlicky hate. He isnt nearly as bad in the defensive zone as a lot of you make it and he is an asset for us in the offensive zone. We needed the kind of game he brings from a defenseman for years, why would we give it up now?

I think Volchenkov has a place on our team, the odd man out in my eyes is Tallinder. Greene, Larsson, and Fayne can do what Tallinder does. He is expendable.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I haven't had too many complaints with Volchenkov, but that giveaway was brutal today. All in all we would have lost anyway. I still think he's an excellent PK'er, but our PK has been non existent against the fish sticks this year so far.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kovy sucked today. No excuse for him today. Another year, another sleepwalk matinee game. Need 2 points against the fish sticks today. Especially with the Rangers, Tampa Bay, and Penguins back to back for our next four. This Isles team is swiss cheese when we throw a good forecheck against them. With the shifts we had the other night we could easily blow them out. Especially without the defensive breakdowns, and a better PK than our last two games against them.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It's going to be the 1st big game of the season. Time to see what this team is made of. Let's cut the crap, It's a convincing win in regulation and nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad