GDT: Game 7 - Your New Jerseyyyyyy Devilssss @ Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
I didn't count on Fayne being so good, I didn't even count on Salvador being serviceable and I didn't believe Larsson could play the role he did.

So you're saying...you can't see the future and you're not necessarily correct all the time and the players currently not playing well could pick up their performance and help the team do great things?

3633-you-dont-say.jpg

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Uhmmm...from the time of that post til the finals they added Ponikarovsky, Gionta, Bernier, Carter, Henrique...and I didn't count on Fayne being so good, I didn't even count on Salvador being serviceable and I didn't believe Larsson could play the role he did....matter of fact the team did not look good until Ponikarovsky, Bernier and Zubrus created that massive third line...only then did they start looking good and that was January or February.

You are defending your post about how bad our defensive core was by saying that we added 5 forwards and you under-valued 3 of the defenseman. Thanks for proving my point.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Thank you. And Sykora

So what is that 7 forwards added from the summer to the finals?

Or half the freakin team

This is great. What do all these forwards have to do with the quality of our defensive core, which you predicted was "the worst in Devils history"?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Who in their right mind would count on an 18 year old Larrson coming in and playing 20 minutes?

Who in their right mind would count on Salvador stepping right back in the lineup after missing a year and really playing better than he ever has.

And who knew Lou was finally going to get a PMD after nearly a decade of going without.

And could anyone count on Fayne becoming a top4 defenseman?

That defense was in shambles in the summer.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Who in their right mind would count on an 18 year old Larrson coming in and playing 20 minutes?

Who in their right mind would count on Salvador stepping right back in the lineup after missing a year and really playing better than he ever has.

And who knew Lou was finally going to get a PMD after nearly a decade of going without.

And could anyone count on Fayne becoming a top4 defenseman?

That defense was in shambles in the summer.

No one could have predicted all that. Which is why you should probably refrain from predicting that this is a lottery team this year.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
It was pretty shoddy to start the season as well.
...kind of like right now.

By pure miracle that is surely never to be repeated again, they got better as the season went on.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I mean, the team was clearly a work in progress all of last season. The team was still learning Pete's system and we had some pretty glaring holes. But Lou wasn't afraid to make moves and tweak the roster, and we ended up putting it together about 2-3 weeks left in the season.

Unfortunately, we don't have 82 games to gel and "figure it out" this season. Normally I would want us to be patient, but over a 48 game season every point is precious. If something isn't working, you need to make adjustments, and we haven't been able to do that so far this year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
No one could have predicted all that. Which is why you should probably refrain from predicting that this is a lottery team this year.

I don't think I made any such predictions. I said if the season goes the same as the last time we played without Parise the bright side would be a lottery pick in front of our home fans this summer.

That right there is merely a positive attitude.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I missed the game and just watched the highlights.

HOLY CHRIST WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING STOP TURNING THE GOD DAMN PUCK OVER JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH

Seriously though, our defense blows chunks right now. Those were some of the most horrendous giveaways I've ever seen.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
You were on MSG+ pregame. Nice job reppin. How many Devils fans overall? Pathetic effort/performance by our Devils.

Heard I was on TV lol, cant wait to see my DVR of the game! Good amount of Devils fans considering you basically had to buy a $130+ ticket from a Pens fan to get in.. I'd say about 100, and we were all high 5'ing before the game.. Away games are great, especially as a Devils fan, because you know they're from your area and we all have that common bond.. We're not a bandwagon team where people from outside Jersey will follow us lol

Pens fans are tame. They know their fairweathered and would get owned in an argument.

Lol I'm at this Pens bar and have been saying to their fans "last game I went to was in 2005 and it was empty. Where were you guys?".. After several excuses like "oh I've always gone to games" I finally got "We're just a bandwagon city man, if you win we'll give a ****" lol

I'll say this, I was embarrassed to be there and their fans were extremely nice to me after the game.. Probably the 2nd nicest fan base in our division after the Islanders.. Great arena too although the upper concourse sucks compared to ours

Last edited:

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I missed the game and just watched the highlights.

HOLY CHRIST WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING STOP TURNING THE GOD DAMN PUCK OVER JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH

Seriously though, our defense blows chunks right now. Those were some of the most horrendous giveaways I've ever seen.

Volchenkov... sad face.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Heard I was on TV lol, cant wait to see my DVR of the game! Good amount of Devils fans considering you basically had to buy a $130+ ticket from a Pens fan to get in.. I'd say about 100, and we were all high 5'ing before the game.. Away games are great, especially as a Devils fan, because you know they're from your area and we all have that common bond.. We're not a bandwagon team where people from outside Jersey will follow us lol

Lol I'm at this Pens bar and have been saying to their fans "last game I went to was in 2005 and it was empty. Where were you guys?".. After several excuses like "oh I've always gone to games" I finally got "We're just a bandwagon city man, if you win we'll give a ****" lol

I'll say this, I was embarrassed to be there and their fans were extremely nice to me after the game.. Probably the 2nd nicest fan base in our division after the Islanders.. Great arena too although the upper concourse sucks compared to ours

Ill probably be at the game next Sunday if you go lemme know yo

apice3*

Top 6 needs to be more consistent and we need a 3rd liner and a 2nd/3rd line tweener added to the roster.

We will win tomorrow by 3+. Quote me on it.

apice3*

Brodeur's best is miles ahead of Hedberg's best, but I feel like Hedberg is much more consistent. Which is strange considering he's coming off the bench.

We need Brodeur's best for a playoff run. Hedberg's best won't be able to do it.

Defense hasn't played well, but Brodeur certainly hasn't helped the cause the last two games. Not sure why DeBoer has constantly compliment Brodeur after giving up 10 goals in two games.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Brodeur's best is miles ahead of Hedberg's best, but I feel like Hedberg is much more consistent. Which is strange considering he's coming off the bench.

We need Brodeur's best for a playoff run. Hedberg's best won't be able to do it.

Defense hasn't played well, but Brodeur certainly hasn't helped the cause the last two games. Not sure why DeBoer has constantly compliment Brodeur after giving up 10 goals in two games.
He wants the team to know that they have been playing like crap and its not on the goaltending. Deboer says the right things and pushes the correct buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad