GDT: Game #7 Wings vs Avs: October 17th 2013, 7 PM MST | A serious case of Elder Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Why was Mitchell cross checking the wings player on the PK only to lose his stick and coast to the bench. Hes a hockey Pejorative Slur.

Also why was Mackinnon out there on the PK when Franzen scored? That was his lane that the puck went through. Mistake by Roy.

I dont like Mackinnons game right now, in any zone.

EJ/Hejda/Benoit were good. The other 3 were bad. Wilson very bad.

Hope Landy is ok. On to Buffalo in whats a very winnable game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That needs to change next game. Wilson needs to be scratched next game aswell

Yup.

Roy's love for Wilson and Guenin is a bit alarming. Guenin wasn't bad tonight but him and Wilson together still isn't good. Neither one of them can move the puck.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It could be worse. Leafs lost 3-2 with this as the gamewinner.

BernierGaffeHurricanesGoalTwoAngles.gif

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yup.

Roy's love for Wilson and Guenin is a bit alarming. Guenin wasn't bad tonight but him and Wilson together still isn't good. Neither one of them can move the puck.

Well he tried Barrie there and it was going well. In no way he should try Holden and Ginyu.

Put Barrie and WIlson together... get the common denominator out and see how well those to play together.

member 116861

Put in Barrie and Holden and see what happens. Although I don't mind keeping Guenin in the lineup.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I like Benoit for the most part, but his shots and dump-ins are so poorly timed that we rarely get anything out of them. He needs to read what his teammates are doing a bit better.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Yeah I mostly like what Roy has been doing but leaning on Benoit/Wilson on the PK instead of putting EJ out there seems questionable.

Barrie needs to be back in and one of Wilson/Guenin need to sit. It should really be Wilson but I want to get Barrie back on his natural side.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
With how Roy and Sakic has talked about Wilson, I imagine they will let him play himself into game form.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is the best start we wanted, but that is freakin crazy playing Benoit on the PK over EJ. What if scenario, but I doubt Franzen would have scored his first goal if EJ was out there.

I thought Guenin played a really solid game tonight.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
This is the best start we wanted, but that is freakin crazy playing Benoit on the PK over EJ. What if scenario, but I doubt Franzen would have scored his first goal if EJ was out there.

Thats the thing, he played well, but I really think someone needs to come out to get Barrie back in the lineup.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

EJ hasn't gotten much PK time all year. I think Roy wants him to concentrate on PP and 5 on 5. The PK time will come later.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thats the thing, he played well, but I really think someone needs to come out to get Barrie back in the lineup.
Wilson, to me, played out of the starting 6 so I agree that Barrie needs to come back in. If Roy see's it as we do is the question for next game.

EJ hasn't gotten much PK time all year. I think Roy wants him to concentrate on PP and 5 on 5. The PK time will come later.

But when you have a sucktard who is 6'5", 230lbs and only scores his goals in the slot and in front of the net ONLY against us. There needs to be better coaching on Roy's part to put out a tougher defenseman to match up with him than a 5'10 defenseman.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Lineup I'd like to see:
Stastny-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Downie
McGinn-MacKinnon-Tanguay
McLeod-Mitchell-Bordeleau

Hejda-Johnson
Holden-Barrie
Benoit-Guenin

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Johnson on the left point getting shots through was my favourite part of this game apart from his goal. Too bad the both times he did get his shot through there were no Avs forward screening Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad