GDT: Game #7 Wings vs Avs: October 17th 2013, 7 PM MST | A serious case of Elder Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
:wings VS. :avs

Big Picture: Roy looks to break the record set for best start to a coaching career. He has currently tied the record at 6-0-0. If the Avs win, Roy will take the record from Mario Tremblay, the coach who left Roy in for 9 goals against the Red Wings.

Hot Streak
flame.png
Matt Duchene: 4 goals in his last 3 games
flame.png
Nathan MacKinnon: 6 points in his first 6 NHL career games
flame.png
Varly: Has stopped 102 of his last 106 shots faced.

Cold Streak
Icicle.png
Landeskog-Stastny-Tanguay: Have shut down the other teams' top scorers, but haven't done much scoring themselves.

:avs
O'Reilly-Duchene-Downie
Landeskog-Stastny-Tanguay
McGinn-MacKinnon-Parenteau
McLeod-Mitchell-Bordeleau

Hejda-Johnson
Benoit-Sarich
Wilson-Guenin

Varlamov
Giguere

Red_Wings_Starting_Lineup.jpg

*Wasn't sure if tdpeterson was going to do one or not. Just delete this one if he has one to make. Figured we could start talking about the game though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
As strange as it may sound for a team being 6-0, I hope Avs have a bounce back game.

Go Aves. **** the Red Wings.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Given Roy's history with the Wings, I'd expect the Avs to play with a lot of passion tonight. So much passion they might even go through two walls for him.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
You've clearly not spent much time in cleveland, you lucky *******. Even Detroit isn't as ****** and dead as Cleveland, and Detroit is an absolute dump.

Ohio and Michigan... what's the difference? Dump A or Dump B.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Given Roy's history with the Wings, I'd expect the Avs to play with a lot of passion tonight. So much passion they might even go through two walls for him.

I also expect Roy to go through walls. Made of glass. In between benches.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
I suspect Roy will definitely have the boys ready to go and fired right up for this one! Lets go Avs!!

Mouse21*

You've clearly not spent much time in cleveland, you lucky *******. Even Detroit isn't as ****** and dead as Cleveland, and Detroit is an absolute dump.

this is just incorrect.
cleveland is nothing compared to detroit. get real.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ohio and Michigan... what's the difference? Dump A or Dump B.

I have history with ohio and Cleveland, I don't have to drive through michigan when going Chicago to Buffalo or back, when you do have to drive through michigan you can go over 75 mph without getting a ticket, and while Detroit is a crappy dead city, there are some parts you can have fun in if you're stuck there, Cleveland is just terrible, the city died years ago and somehow dying even harder now. Their cops are just total dicks to go with their lower speed limits I've gotten ticketed for 4 over, pulled over and warned for 3 over, and ticketed for 5 over on my motor cycle, all on the highway.

Plus Michigan at least has some solid nature to boast, the only parts of Ohio that don't suck total dick are down south in parts of Cincinnati, and that's more of a recent development, say over the past 5 years.

So in the battle of ****stains ohio, and northern ohio in particular, are just the absolute bottom rung.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
This is a big test for us. Datsyuk and Zetterberg can dominate norris trophy defenseman.

**** the Wings.

Lets Do This!!!!!!

Huis Clos*

It's a matter of preference, or lack there of. Really, we're just splitting hairs here.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's a matter of preference, or lack there of. Really, we're just splitting hairs here.

I disagree, I have a lot less loathing and bad blood for Michigan and Detroit than I do for Ohio and Cleveland. One just sucks, the other is aggressively awful.

wondeROY

Apr 19, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Question on Tremblay, when he left Roy in for the 9 goals against, was that the SAME game were Tremblay's win streak ended? Or are we talking 2 different games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad