GDT: Game #7 Wings vs Avs: October 17th 2013, 7 PM MST | A serious case of Elder Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Question on Tremblay, when he left Roy in for the 9 goals against, was that the SAME game were Tremblay's win streak ended? Or are we talking 2 different games?

No, the incident with Tremblay and the 9 goals to Detroit was in the middle of December.

Brio

Oct 17, 2013
Tremblay had his streak snapped on Nov 1 against Washington, and the 11-1 blowout against Detroit was on Dec 2; so two different games.

EDIT - TwoPadStack beat me to the punch.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Ive been very impressed so far. They guys are playing a lot harder. I want us to win so bad tonight. Just beat the Wings...get Patty the record and then we can lose one. The story lines everywhere if the Wings break our little streak and stop Roy from getting the record would be irritating.

It would also be awesome for Mack to have a big game. Dutchy scored his first NHL goal against the Wings...Mack having a really good game would be awesome against the wings.

LETS DO IT BOYS! GO AVS!

wondeROY

Apr 19, 2007
Missoula, Montana
No, the incident with Tremblay and the 9 goals to Detroit was in the middle of December.

Gotcha. Still, how incredibly ironic is tonight's game though. I imagine Roy is quite aware of his win streak and whom his record is with, yes?

He has to want to win this game, BADLY.

Personally I have felt the "rivalry" has died the last few years, but tonight's game has a different feeling for me, I hope Bordoleau takes Bertuzzi's head clean off. :naughty:

Brio

Oct 17, 2013
I want us to win so bad tonight. Just beat the Wings...get Patty the record and then we can lose one. The story lines everywhere if the Wings break our little streak and stop Roy from getting the record would be irritating.

I feel the exact same way. Patrick Roy says the record doesn't mean anything, but I'm sure deep down it does, and the boys know this and should start off gangbusters to try and get him it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'll be happy if the landy line can keep dats' line pretty quiet, but if they could have a big game and get Landy scoring that would be awesome.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
How Roy uses forwards on the PK is interesting. It illustrates his philosophy of everyone on the team feeling important. So he keeps feeding the players who don't play PP time on the PK. The exception being ROR, who Roy seems to trust a lot.

Mitchell 2.48 min/game
McLeod 2.22 min/game
O'Reilly 1.19 min/game
McGinn 1.09 min/game
McKinnon 0.47 min/game (who didn't play PP until Barrie was scratched)
----
Landeskog 0.19 min/game (probably when a PK forward was in the box)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
**** the Red Wings and the worst city in America.

I am starting to like you.

Surprisingly enough there is quite a bit of hype in Colorado for this game.

What's even more surprising is that Gustavsson has actually been pretty decent thus far.

E: Also beautiful GDT Avs71

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ive been very impressed so far. They guys are playing a lot harder. I want us to win so bad tonight. Just beat the Wings...get Patty the record and then we can lose one. The story lines everywhere if the Wings break our little streak and stop Roy from getting the record would be irritating.

No! We can't lose to Sacco and Buffalo! Seriously though, I know what you mean. This is a big game and would be nice to really put a cherry on top of the win streak. I also expect the guys to be fired up. Roy said Detroit has played a lot of games in the last few days, they really need to take it to them early and wear them down.

Dater's mailbag today is amusing. He seems to have forgotten Landy signed a contract extension. But nice to see him add some confirmation to the rumor that the Avs are very likely to keep O'Reilly.

http://www.denverpost.com/avsmailbag/ci_24327793/avs-mailbag-andre-benoit-nate-guenin-cory-sarich

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
If we can slow down Franzen we have a good chance in this one. He's an Av killer. My prediction is 6-3 Avs. Wouldn't be surprised if Franzen got all 3.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Avs fan in Michigan...take it easy on the Detroit hating. It's actually a damn good city on it's way back up, with plenty of nice areas downtown.

That being said....beat the Wings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad