Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Canada will get destroy anyway
Swiss have Shaqiri
Canadian have.....I don’t even know as a Canadian

But what about Canada vs Swiss in food:
Poutine >>>>>>>>>> Fondue.

Canadian women: Elisha Cuthbert & Kandyse McClure vs Swiss Women: Sandra Hess & Michelle Hunziker.

Canadian Comedians: Mike Myers, Dan Aykroyd, Seth Rogen, Johny Candy, Eugene Levy, Will Sasso, Catherine O'Hara, Jim Carey, Tom Green, Leslie Nielsen, Norm MacDonald, Russell Peters, Martin Short, Phil Hartmann, Tommy Chong, Dave Foley, Harland Williams vs Swiss Comedians: ...

Video games:
Canada has Ubifsoft & Bioware.
Swiss: ?

Swiss has good chocolate, they win that for sure.

Reactions: snipes

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
If Canada plays the Swiss in football and gets demolished, that is precisely what they would be discussing, throwing stats up and relative team strengths. Is Canada not allowed to be better than Switzerland in a sport?
enEGDsO.png

Reactions: OEL for Norris

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald

Canadian women: Elisha Cuthbert & Kandyse McClure vs Swiss Women: Sandra Hess & Michelle Hunziker.

Canadian Comedians: Mike Myers, Dan Aykroyd, Seth Rogen, Johny Candy, Eugene Levy, Will Sasso, Catherine O'Hara, Jim Carey, Tom Green, Leslie Nielsen, Norm MacDonald, Russell Peters, Martin Short, Phil Hartmann, Tommy Chong, Dave Foley, Harland Williams vs Swiss Comedians: ...

Video games:

If the pinnacles of Canadian society are Seth Rogen and Video Games, its probably time to worry about the country. Also Poutine is inedible.

Reactions: Sentinel

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
When is the last time we had an easy win against the Swiss?

Not even our Olympic team has an easy time with them.

I fondly remember that 2-0 victory in Torino 2006 and only losing in a shoot out in Vancouver 2010, when all Canadian fans were saying they were going to destroy us.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Video games:

Fondue Chinoise or Bourguignon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Poutine. And I freaking love Poutine.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I shall google that. Also bordering Italy means that Swiss-Italian food is probably pretty good.

I am Swiss-Italian (from Lugano. The border with Italy, depending which one - is no more away than 10 miles or so) and yes, food here is bombastic.

Those fondues are not cheese based, but meat based. In Switzerland it's the classic holiday food (we eat that at Christmas, for example).

EDIT: here's a pic of my city... and one of my favorite player ever to play for the local hockey team....

0A1FB0DC-DB53-4E32-95C4-40C70961FF26.jpeg

50A4C993-65D8-4374-92CA-25691F107AC7.jpeg

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Swiss hockey is like Canadian kryptonite. :laugh:

To all my fellow Canadians in this thread defending diving as "part of the game", I politely and respectfully ask you to stop. Please.

I realize it's effective and it happens all the time, but it's really dishonourable at best, and akin to cheating at worst. Let's be honest, it's just as much a dick move on the international level as it is in the NHL.

Comtois is embarrassing us at this point. I'm not getting out the pitchfork or anything, but yikes kid.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
You know what Poutine and you share in common?

You're both pretty salty

Why am I salty now? I am used to see Swiss teams getting 8-1 beatdowns on junior tournaments. Everytime we are able to be competitive against top teams, I am actually pretty happy even if we loose. I just thought that guy used some rather weird examples to compare the two countries.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I don't get why Canadians seem to be so upset. Their team won, yes, it was a close game, but they got 3 points. It was clear before, that Switzerland is a tough opponent for Canada. They skate well, are strong, with a mature approach to the game. Maybe not the best stickhandlers or playmakers, but with they speed, strength and grit, they are a serious threat for anybody in this tournament. Look at Eggenberger: Definitely not the most skilled player around here, when it comes to puck control, vision, passing accuracy. But man, his ability to stay strong on his skates, to beat opponents with his big body, combined with a very solid skating - every player, even the best, has difficulties playing this kind of guys. I am pretty sure that games against SUI and RUS are incomparable, since both teams follow a completely different system. You cannot make any predictions for the game against Russia based on the game against Switzerland.

Reactions: jj cale

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yeah... I mean he was good both of Canada's goalies are really strong this year id be comfortable with them going with either one, he had some nice help from the iron. However Canada had lots and lots of chances to put this away, the Swiss are a good team they play very fast and deserve credit for sticking to the game plan. Lots of Canada's players had really good games in my opinion. Glass, Bowers, Entwhistle, Dobson, Mitchell, Comtois, Hayton and Suzuki all immediately come to mind.

Tippett sure is polarizing, I really liked his game until the third where he was a human giveaway machine on the pp. Launching grenades left and right while take ill timed shots. The left side of Canada's D core is actually brutal. They are strong and deep in every other position but man Phillips and Ty Smith have been cringe worthy . I thought Brook has been pretty good even though he is playing his wrong side. Looks like a huge mistake by hockey Canada not bringing any strong left side defenders. Ty Smith almost single handily gave this game away, I cant believe how irresponsible he is with the puck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad