PGT: Game 7: Switzerland 2 - Canada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
WJC-7.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Switzerland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Luca Hollenstein (G)
Akira Schmid (G)
Gianluca Zaetta (G)

Defensemen:
David Aebischer (D)
Davyd Barandun (D)
Tim Berni (D)
Nico Gross (D)
Simon Le Coultre (D)
Janis Jérôme Moser (D)

Forwards:
Yannick Brüschweiler (LW)
Nando Eggenberger (LW/RW)
Jeremi Gerber (RW)
Philipp Kurashev (C)
Marco Lehmann (C)
Sven Leuenberger (C/RW)
Nicolas Müller (C/RW)
Valentin Nussbaumer (C/W)
Sandro Schmid (C/RW)
Justin Sigrist (C/LW)
Ramon Tanner (C)
Matthew Verboon (RW/C)

2 Roster Spots Available - Still In Camp
Gianluca Burger (D)
Tobias Geisser (D)
Luca Wyss (LW)

full

Canada
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
1 Michael DiPietro
# Ian Scott

Defensemen:
2 Evan Bouchard
3 Josh Brook
4 Jared McIsaac
5 Ian Mitchell
6 Noah Dobson
18 Marcus Phillips
24 Ty Smith

Forwards:
11 Jaret Anderson-Dolan (C)
15 Shane Bowers (C)
14 Maxime Comtois (LW)
16 MacKenzie Entwistle (RW)
26 Morgan Frost (C)
8 Cody Glass (C)
27 Barrett Hayton (C)
22 Alexis Lafrenière (LW)
# Brett Leason (C)
23 Jack Studnicka (C)
17 Nick Suzuki (C)
21 Owen Tippett (RW/LW)
9 Joseph Veleno (C)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Last edited:

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Depending on how the Swiss come out of the blocks and the early dynamics in general, this game's result ranges from a frustrating and hard-fought win to a complete blow-out...

Either way Canada will win.

6-1 Canada

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Hoping for another double digits win. Wana hear more crying about running up the score

I would be very surprised if Canada scores 10 or more tonight. The Swiss have much better team than Denmark. Yesterday they played a very organized and disciplined game, supported by solid goaltending.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Am i wrong thinking the swiss often tends to play even with Canada? My feeling says they use to frustrate the canadians by making things harder then it actually should be for Canada. With that said i can't see them frustrate the canadians today. 5-1.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Am i wrong thinking the swiss often tends to play even with Canada? My feeling says they use to frustrate the canadians by making things harder then it actually should be for Canada. With that said i can't see them frustrate the canadians today. 5-1.
You’re not wrong, but this is an age restricted tournament which means it’s always going to be a challenge for the smaller hockey nations. The Swiss program will see many peaks and valleys depending on the relative strength of the age groups in action this year, whereas Canada will be much more consistent. The Swiss losing Hischier this year was a crippling blow.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah the Swiss always seem to be able to frustrate Canada. I feel like they might considering Canada has had it so easy so far and the Swiss will be nothing the same.

Reactions: Hagstrom

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
I can see Switzerland giving them some trouble, especially to start the game if Canada doesn't take it seriously and plays the same way they played to finish the Denmark game. Switzerland often seems to play quite a tight game too, so I don't expect a really highscoring game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad