GDT: Game #7 Sharks @ Bruins - Black Bear Diner Edition - 4:00 PM PDT CSN-CA KFOX

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
I think it might be time to criticize Hertl. He's been so passive, almost like he's afraid out there. And don't tell me he's on the wrong line. Someone needs to wake him the heck up because he has sucked the last few games. He's in his second year. I know he was injured for a good part of last year but it almost seems like he's still mentally injured.

Let's criticize the 20 year old coming off of surgery. Perfect candidate.

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Because they've done just about as much as Scott has. Nothing.

I don't disagree that they've basically done nothing so far, and I understand the uses of benching them. But how does playing Scott for 5 minutes the entire game, then benching him the rest equal a better result?

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
They have elite center depth that they refuse to use as well as refuse to separate their two best defensive d-men.

Moving Pavelski to 3C would instantly make that line a threat and separating Vlasic and Braun would give them 2 good defensive pairings.

Benching Burish and Scott could also give them a better 4th line.

Thornton Couture Pavelski down the middle leaves the wings on those lines:

Nieto Hertl
Marleau Wingels
Sheppard Desjardins

Hertl is terrible right now. That's literally the 2nd line tonight, and Pavelski isn't doing much with those two as wingers.

Loading up the top line right now is the best option.

The defense is going to be crap because the left side has 2 weak players out of 3.

Could the coaches do more? Yes. Of course. But, tonight no coach would have made them better.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
They have elite center depth that they refuse to use as well as refuse to separate their two best defensive d-men.

Moving Pavelski to 3C would instantly make that line a threat and separating Vlasic and Braun would give them 2 good defensive pairings.

Benching Burish and Scott could also give them a better 4th line.

I said it the other day, but Pavelski is glued to Thornton forever because omg 40 goals.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Let's criticize the 20 year old coming off of surgery. Perfect candidate.

Coming off of a surgery he had last December. He's gone through a few games, a postseason, an offseason (Where he said he was feeling great), and a training camp. If this is a lack of confidence thing he's going through, than that makes it worse.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
Coming off of a surgery he had last December. He's gone through a few games, a postseason, an offseason (Where he said he was feeling great), and a training camp. If this is a lack of confidence thing he's going through, than that makes it worse.

Don't get me wrong, Hertl hasn't been good, but he's the least of my worries.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
How? The coaches have the players they have. What coach would do more with this lineup tonight?

They have the personnel to mitigate the problems that they have. They have center depth and players with complementing skills that they could've paired up. Hertl and Thornton pair up well, Couture and Marleau pair up well, Pavelski and Wingels pair up well. Nieto, Sheppard, and Tierney or McGinn could've fit in with any three of those duos. They don't have to play Scott for 5 minutes or deal with the suck that is Burish or Hannan or Irwin. They have good players but they don't put them in good situations.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Thornton Couture Pavelski down the middle leaves the wings on those lines:

Nieto Hertl
Marleau Wingels
Sheppard Desjardins

Hertl is terrible right now. That's literally the 2nd line tonight, and Pavelski isn't doing much with those two as wingers.

Loading up the top line right now is the best option.

The defense is going to be crap because the left side has to weak players out of 3.

Could the coaches do more? Yes. Of course. But, tonight no coach would have made them better.

Hertl-Thornton-Wingels
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Sheppard-Pavelski-Tierney
McGinn-Desi-Hayes

Vlasic-Burns
Mueller-Braun
I don't care (really shoudl be Fedun)-Demers

I think that looks like a pretty good lineup.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
They have the personnel to mitigate the problems that they have. They have center depth and players with complementing skills that they could've paired up. Hertl and Thornton pair up well, Couture and Marleau pair up well, Pavelski and Wingels pair up well. Nieto, Sheppard, and Tierney or McGinn could've fit in with any three of those duos. They don't have to play Scott for 5 minutes or deal with the suck that is Burish or Hannan or Irwin. They have good players but they don't put them in good situations.

I think eventually it will sort itself out. After 11/1 they get an extended stretch with no games so they can get some practice and film work in. I'm not going to bail out on the season because its early and they've had the ********* schedule. If by game 45 its still a mess, ill consider waving the white flag.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
It seems the 3rd is not a period we take seriously. Teams really amp up there offense our focus has to be great due to there pushing the pace. It seems we are not stepping up that period. We have to study what other teams are doing in order to have a better 3rd.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Honestly this team needs some practice time. Tmac cancelled the last two in favor of rest. That may work out toward the end of the year but this is still very much a work in progress.

I mean Scott is hard capped at 5 min. Why the **** are we dressing him. Ludicrous

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
Meh, I'm not bailing on the season. The sharks will obviously make the playoffs, but looking at the division doesn't make me feel good. Anaheim will probably win it again so the sharks and kings will finish 2/3. And after the last 2 years that doesn't make me feel good.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think eventually it will sort itself out. After 11/1 they get an extended stretch with no games so they can get some practice and film work in. I'm not going to bail out on the season because its early and they've had the ********* schedule. If by game 45 its still a mess, ill consider waving the white flag.

I'm not either but it is beyond frustrating to hear the coaches go with the worst possible lineups that could be lined up. Just generally, the coaching's been subpar to me on most fronts.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Hertl-Thornton-Wingels
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Sheppard-Pavelski-Tierney
McGinn-Desi-Hayes

Vlasic-Burns
Mueller-Braun
I don't care (really shoudl be Fedun)-Demers

I think that looks like a pretty good lineup.

4th line is still weak. 3rd line isn't much better given Tierney's resent performances. Mueller was just plain bad against NY, and Fedun isn't even here.

So in the contents of tonight's game. They really couldn't do much more.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Last game of a long road trip. Sucky 3rd and Rags game, but not terrible overall.

Having to play Thursday at home against a rested team is pretty ****ed. A road game at home.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Honestly this team needs some practice time. Tmac cancelled the last two in favor of rest. That may work out toward the end of the year but this is still very much a work in progress.

I mean Scott is hard capped at 5 min. Why the **** are we dressing him. Ludicrous

Better question. Why have a player you refuse to play in the third period? Aren't the 1st and 2nd period just as important? It just confuses me. If you don't trust him in the 3rd why trust him in the first? He can still get scored against in the 1st....

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
4th line is still weak. 3rd line isn't much better given Tierney's resent performances. Mueller was just plain bad against NY, and Fedun isn't even here.

Yup. Not much going on with the depth players. Minimal production.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Hypothetically, it could improve general team performance. Tierney won't be counted on completely to be "the guy" on defense for his line. Then Mueller wouldn't have to be cover for Burns' wild man routine. They're not ready for roles that difficult yet but Pavelski and Vlasic would be. Tierney becomes a complementary player and Braun covers for Mueller's mistakes while he adjusts.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

The 4th line really can't be much worse than it's been. Burish, Desi & Brown are 3 of the worst F's when it comes to shot differential in the NHL...the line has been a giant liability.

As for the other two lines and defense, quality of teammates matters.

Tierney has been given all of the defensive responsibility as a rookie while playing w/ a guy who belongs on the 4th line. I think he'd probably be more effective at wing until he gets comfortable. Pavelski is a guy who can make his linemates better and can carry play at both ends of the ice.

Mueller and Burns never should have been put together in the first place.

It's fine if you don't think the coaches can do any better I just think they're putting the team in a hole before the games even start.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

That 4th line is much better then Hayes- burish- Scott. The third line with pavs centering it makes tierneys job a hell of a lot easier which probably helps him as he adjusts to the big league. Shep is fine there too. The top two lines are obviously fine.

That defense is much more balanced and should perform better. Also mueller had one terrible game, on a night the whole team stunk to high heaven. If that's all it takes for you to dump on him then thats a little premature in my view.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
That 4th line is much better then Hayes- burish- Scott. The third line with pavs centering it makes tierneys job a hell of a lot easier which probably helps him as he adjusts to the big league. Shep is fine there too. The top two lines are obviously fine.

That defense is much more balanced and should perform better. Also mueller had one terrible game, on a night the whole team stunk to high heaven. If that's all it takes for you to dump on him then thats a little premature in my view.

He's not really dumping on him, just saying he had a bad game, which he did.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

TONIGHT. as in the game we just watched. What was Todd suppose to do with the players on the current roster?

I think he did the most with what he has. Could he do more? Probably, but I doubt they win this game with Tierney on the wing and Mueller playing next to Braun.

The top line scored because Pavelski had a great play to Thornton. The second line was fine since it scored 5 on 5 too.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
I think it might be time to criticize Hertl. He's been so passive, almost like he's afraid out there. And don't tell me he's on the wrong line. Someone needs to wake him the heck up because he has sucked the last few games. He's in his second year. I know he was injured for a good part of last year but it almost seems like he's still mentally injured.

Maybe he misses having Burns on his other wing.. Criticize the coaching and these stupid line combos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad