GDT: Game #7 Sharks @ Bruins - Black Bear Diner Edition - 4:00 PM PDT CSN-CA KFOX

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
spencerjacob.bandcamp.com
They played that top unit the whole 4 minutes though. Fatigue by the end of that would've been bad.

That's a pretty good excuse I guess ...but I'd rather gas out than conserve and have the puck cleared that easily and consistently.

But yeah, if that was the intent by TM then that was ****ing stupid. They need 2 strong units in that situation ...and in general. It's not like they don't have the firepower.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I get that they haven't had any time to practice and what not but the coaches running a lineup that has 2 (sometimes) forward lines and 1.5 d-pairing that can spend at least some time in the offensive zone is beyond dumb.

They need to change the line up from top to bottom.

Once again, they have the personnel to run 4 good lines and at least 2 very good D pairings yet they choose not to.

Goaltending is only going to be able to cover for the crap play for so long and that showed in the last two games.

I don't even care about losing much, I can't stand the way the coaches are handling this line up.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
I get that they haven't had any time to practice and what not but the coaches running a lineup that has 2 (sometimes) forward lines and 1.5 d-pairing that can spend at least some time in the offensive zone is beyond dumb.

They need to change the line up from top to bottom.

Once again, they have the personnel to run 4 good lines and at least 2 very good D pairings yet they choose not to.

Goaltending is only going to be able to cover for the crap play for so long and that showed in the last two games.

I don't even care about losing much, I can't stand the way the coaches are handling this line up.

Hopefully these coaches are gone once the LAK bounce the sharks in the 1st round.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
The Sharks have 5 days off after their 11/1 game against the Isles. That's when they really need to fix their ****. Right now the schedule is so hectic that I doubt the Sharks have had any significant practices in. Their PP and passing in general have been garbage. They've had too many defensive breakdowns both 5 on 5 and on the PK. They just haven't been fun to watch. They're getting outplayed regularly and it's getting worrisome.

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Why the **** is the coaching staff benching players like McGinn and Tierney for the likes of Scott if they're only going to play him for a few minutes in the 1st, then shorten the bench?

And how is Irwin still in the lineup? :shakehead

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Why the **** is the coaching staff benching players like McGinn and Tierney for the likes of Scott if they're only going to play him for a few minutes in the 1st, then shorten the bench?

And how is Irwin still in the lineup? :shakehead

Because they've done just about as much as Scott has. Nothing.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
Those promising young players haven't done all that much since the L.A. game.

These kids are 19 years old. Growing pains are expected. Benching them every other game because they had a poor game is stupid. Especially because the players that replace them aren't any better.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
If you think Tierney or McGinn or Mueller would have magically cleaned up blown coverages and bad turnovers then I have a bridge to sell you.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
These kids are 19 years old. Growing pains are expected. Benching them every other game because they had a poor game is stupid. Especially because the players that replace them aren't any better.

They could also be tired since this was their first NHL road trip. Nah, that makes too much sense. The Sharks are just dumb! Fire everyone! Trade Jeff Freisen!

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I disagree.

I disagree too. The players have their share of the blame too, but tmac is making horrid personel decisions. I don't think theres been two games in a row this year that had the same players playing in both.

There is zero consistency from our coaching staff, and it's showing in how off all our lines are playing.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
How? The coaches have the players they have. What coach would do more with this lineup tonight?

They have elite center depth that they refuse to use as well as refuse to separate their two best defensive d-men.

Moving Pavelski to 3C would instantly make that line a threat and separating Vlasic and Braun would give them 2 good defensive pairings.

Benching Burish and Scott could also give them a better 4th line.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I think it might be time to criticize Hertl. He's been so passive, almost like he's afraid out there. And don't tell me he's on the wrong line. Someone needs to wake him the heck up because he has sucked the last few games. He's in his second year. I know he was injured for a good part of last year but it almost seems like he's still mentally injured.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
It's not the coaches fault they have no depth and a terrible defense.

Yup. Wilson had no business re-signing Hannan (we all know how TMac would use him if he had him), and going into the season with a rookie in the top-4 of defense. The blueline would be an absolute disaster if Burns hadn't seamlessly moved back to defense

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
I'm hoping the break in early November will be fully taken advantage of. Right now, this team looks like they havent had the chance to really practice. They struggle to string together 2 passes to carry the puck into the zone and as a result Ice the puck way too damn much and have to dump and chase alot.

Still, they showed flashes of being a good team. They just need time to get it all together and for the staff to figure out the direction we're going in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad