Pre-Game Talk: Game 7 pre game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
What are ya'lls thoughts about a possible Svech return? If he gets the all clear from the doctors today, would you insert him into the lineup or go with the same line up from last night?

Our biggest issue is going to be getting the match ups that we are able to get at home.

Whatever happens, the boys exceeded my expectations for this year. If you told me at the start of the year that we would take the Caps to 7 games in the first round i wouldn't have believed you, but here we are. For once, I actually love this team again. I love the culture change that Brindy/Williams did. It was much needed. We have a lot to be excited about. The future is bright with this team.
If he's truly clear, I'd put him in. He showed in game 1 that he can take over for a spell, and we need all the help we can get on the road.

If there's any question about his health, hold him out, hope you win, and maybe you can get him back in the Isles series.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If, God forbid, the Canes lose game 7 tomorrow (and I'm cheering for you guys cause you're officially my Eastern Conference team for the foreseeable future), I would like to formally offer you all a spot on the Blues bandwagon.

We will let you down. You will have your heart broken. But we will talk about food and beer the whole time.

Last edited:

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
If, God forbid, the Canes lose game 7 tomorrow (and I'm cheering for you guys cause you're officially my Eastern Conference team for the foreseeable future), I would like to formally offer you all a spot on the Blues bandwagon.

We will let you down. You will have your heartbroken. But we will talk about food and beer the whole time.

Oh, we'll fit right in!

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

We will let you down. You will have your heartbroken. But we will talk about food and beer the whole time.
You had me at "let you down"!!!

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
I like beer, I like food. The thing is I don't know who I am anymore. I might just call myself a bandwagoner of NHL. But since most teams that I like are so in a way too non-carolina in politeness. I know I'll sit here on my behiney before you ask me to leave. One thing that I've noticed, no "go away you beer drinking thing" sign for me yet.

I don't know how the attendance of Carolina's rink has had this year, but couldn't have been that bad? I mean. The team is entertaining, the surge was a bright light to not to disrespect the other team but support the fans and even when the old fart had his words, even the PR department was just fantastic. And yeah, the fans that have been there, they don't put anyone down. In the rink the team may, but in a humane level, not really. Love the class. And I love that you're hogging Finns too. :D
Since we travel in packs. When you got Aho and Turbo to your roster, now a few more, I knew they were coming! Glad they turned out good, but I'm also liking the vibe of the fandom, and I've said it before, but will say it again.

Hopefully this dance continues longer. Great core for the future also and even go this far after the slumb in mid season, this is a heck of a team in years to come.

I will root you till the end, but already the culture of you local fans should be proud of. And since I would hope, would be amazed if it's not, it's good for business when the team is playing like this.

And I'm not going to give you cliffnotes. All I have to say, go Canes go! :thumbu:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
What kind of black magic is this? :sarcasm:

6 6 6 point leaders canes lol.jpg

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
What are ya'lls thoughts about a possible Svech return? If he gets the all clear from the doctors today, would you insert him into the lineup or go with the same line up from last night?

Our biggest issue is going to be getting the match ups that we are able to get at home.

Whatever happens, the boys exceeded my expectations for this year. If you told me at the start of the year that we would take the Caps to 7 games in the first round i wouldn't have believed you, but here we are. For once, I actually love this team again. I love the culture change that Brindy/Williams did. It was much needed. We have a lot to be excited about. The future is bright with this team.

I've been thinking on the Svech dilemma a lot. I don't really know a lot about concussions--except that they are obviously, uh, NOT GOOD lol. So I'd always want them to be more cautious....especially seeing how the Caps are want to goon things up.

But, I also realize that people often take for granted that young, talented teams will definitely be successful in the future and that's not always true. you can't take a chance like this for granted. i hear a lot of people talking about this being a stepping stone to next season--and yes we are playing with house money--but we have a legit shot of knocking out the defending champs and making noise and then..who the heck knows?! "Anything can happen" as a wise old man once said ;)

All this rambling to say I don't know lol. but i sincerely hope --against everything every sports movie has taught me--they don't rush him back before he's 100 percent. that being said, it would swell if he was 100 percent by tomorrow :laugh:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

Already hopped on lol. I have a lot of family in STL/Alton and went to school there. Plus I like how you guys turned around your season similarly to ours. I'm hoping to just keep this thing going in Carolina though and cheer for you guys as a 'side team' though lol. Good luck!

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
I watched it again, and you guys were right. It was worse and more dangerous than I thought, but there still wasn't a whole lot up top and I still don't think it was suspension-worthy. I'd put it at No. 4 on my list, bumping Fleury down to No. 5 and Ovechkin to a dis-honorable mention. Maenalanen took most of the impact in his butt. The reason a textbook slew foot is so dangerous is that a player will land on his back, then his head. Maenalanen's head took very little of the impact.

When was this slew foot? I don't remember it

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm not sure I'd play Svech tomorrow if he's cleared. Not having the last change means we can't control the matchups. I don't like that lack of control.

This. Not having last change is a major disadvantage and if they wanted to play Svechnikov he probably would have played in game 6 already.
I'd insert Ferland and Bishop though if they're healthy enough. Rod also has to watch the ice times. Brown doesn't play much but you need everyone in a playoff series. You can't afford to hide people. If Brown isn't trusted, play somebody else. Rod also has to stop with his McGinn bs. They won the last game and I really like McGinn but he shouldn't play PK or lead forwards in 5vs5 icetime. He's a 4th line energy guy...not more. If he was, we'd have found out by now. I get it, Niederreiter has been solid but hasn't done much offensively, Williams has been brutal and Martinook is banged up. But I'd rather play guys like Maenalanen or Wallmark who have more talent and upside and have been fantastic this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad