GDT: Game 7 | Pens @ Oilers | October 23, 9:00 PM EST | Here's Your Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Arby's is that weird kind of place that keeps thriving despite no one ever going there. Seeing more than 3 people in an Arby's is like seeing a unicorn.

This is funny because it's true. There's one Arby's in my city and it always seems dead. Yet it's been going strong for the past couple of decades.

On a random note, I don't care what all of you say. I love Arby's.

Reactions: EightyOne

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yamamoto getting the start on McDavid’s wing today. 1 point in 6 games. Kid reminds me of a less skilled Sheary who is somehow smaller. He’s listed as 5’8” 154.

I’d hate to see Oleksiak lay the body on him. He might just disentegrate on the ice.

Pens SHOULD have this and hopefully the fact that it’s against McDavid will pump Sid up a little cause it’s a trickle effect from there.

Pens 5-1.

I would bet good money on Yamamoto being more skilled than Sheary.

Style-wise he reminds me of a smaller RH Guentzel, but more dynamic. Very smart player.

Reactions: EightyOne

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
LSK8KRf.gif

Todd McLellan might have the thickest hair in the league.

It looks like it has the texture of a beaver pelt.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would bet good money on Yamamoto being more skilled than Sheary.

Style-wise he reminds me of a smaller RH Guentzel, but more dynamic. Very smart player.

I agree he's far more skilled than Sheary, but a more dynamic Guentzel? I don't know about that. I do think Yamamoto needs more seasoning though, I think being on that top line is probably not a good thing, but their depth sucks, so at worst he should be on their 2nd or 3rd line to get better match-ups and spread their "talent" or whatever the f*** they have after CM and LD.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Man, your takes just get hotter every day.

This may shock you to death, but it's hardly a high bar to say two very skilled young wingers are better than a one-dimensional vet who put up 30 points last year. They'll probably moonwalk over it.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I agree he's far more skilled than Sheary, but a more dynamic Guentzel? I don't know about that. I do think Yamamoto needs more seasoning though, I think being on that top line is probably not a good thing, but their depth sucks, so at worst he should be on their 2nd or 3rd line to get better match-ups and spread their "talent" or whatever the **** they have after CM and LD.

Keep in mind that I'm talking style-wise here. He's a cerebral player in the mold of a Jake (that's why he was the guy I hoped we would pick in his draft year), but he's faster and probably has a bigger bag of tricks one-on-one.

I think he'll do real well in Edmonton.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Keep in mind that I'm talking style-wise here. He's a cerebral player in the mold of a Jake (that's why he was the guy I hoped we would pick in his draft year), but he's faster and probably has a bigger bag of tricks one-on-one.

I think he'll do real well in Edmonton.
He seems like a smart kid, but he'll soon lose his sanity like most smart cerebral players that the abomination that is the Edmonton Oilers franchise, drafts and then trades away when its too late or almost.

I wanted Boqvist in that draft after we moved our 1st.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He seems like a smart kid, but he'll soon lose his sanity like most smart cerebral players that the abomination that is the Edmonton Oilers franchise, drafts and then trades away when its too late or almost.

I wanted Boqvist in that draft after we moved our 1st.

That's when we pounce.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
View attachment 149135

Btw I didn't take this photo. A coworker did. I'm not that creepy.

I don't think.....

The dude looks like Dan Rooney.

By the way, for 40+ years up until my mother's passing, Arby's Jamocha shakes were her favorite.

We'll see how the Pens recover after five days off. They (and other teams) usually suck after a bye week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad