GDT: Game 7: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes | 10-15-2013 | 7PM Arizona Time

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Ugh. ****en Smith and that stupid turn over. We dominated the third and OT. We need to start games better.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Should have won this in regulation. Gave up two garbage goals. 1 point I guess is better than nothing.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
All things considered can't complain too much. Brilliant pass, yeah he shoulda been covered but I think everyone on the ice saw that as a shot.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Bad goal led to the loss but the point moves them to second place but really helps the wildcard standings. Early but staying in the hunt after that early schedule equals winning.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
One thing's for sure - blueline looks pretty pedestrian when Klesla and Morris are both out. At this point I don't want to trade either of them.

Even if he had nothing to show for it and was part of that miscue on the first goal, Yandle had his best game so far in this season. Only a matter of time before he starts putting up points.

Nice to see Ribs get his first goal. 4 game point streak.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Its a shame we couldn't finish it in OT when we had the pressure going. Can't get two every night so I'll take the point and be glad we were able to steal that after getting back from a long road trip.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
Meh. I can live with a point from a sloppy game. Puts us in 2nd in the division.

EDIT: Until Calgary and Anaheim play tomorrow night...didn't realize that haha.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
anyone got another view of the Ryan hit on Klesla? it looks high but i've only seen the nhl.com highlight.

From what was shown in game, it was an elbow to the head; it was probably at an awkward angle for the refs to see, no call. The real a** burner was it lead to a too many men call which put Ottawa out front.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
One thing's for sure - blueline looks pretty pedestrian when Klesla and Morris are both out. At this point I don't want to trade either of them.

You got that right. Schlemko was frustrating me all night, he and Yandle are like oil and water.

We need a shooter, but Morris and Klesla are definitely not the chips to use to try and get one.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Why can't we trade a pick and a defensive prospect at this point for a forward if that is what the teams needs?

And one last thought about tonights game. Damn our PP is still awful to watch.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
You got that right. Schlemko was frustrating me all night, he and Yandle are like oil and water.

Really makes me wonder why Tippett paired them in the first place tonight. Yandle - Stone and Schlemko - Klesla/Klesla - Rundblad would've made a lot more sense.

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale
Yandle - Stone
Klesla - Rundblad

Would've been a lot better in my opinion, makes so much sense that i think there must be something going on.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Really makes me wonder why Tippett paired them in the first place tonight. Yandle - Stone and Schlemko - Klesla/Klesla - Rundblad would've made a lot more sense.

I am done with Schlemko for a while, a pairing tonight that didn't include him would absolutely have made more sense. He was in Smith's way trying to recover from the trapezoid fiasco, in Yandle's way during the offside fiasco, I could go on...

He was very good to start the year last year but this year has been rough. If Rundblad is going to sit for him, maybe it is time to see what Rundblad could fetch us.

I don't know, losing the game on so many garbage goals has got me *****ing and moaning. What a lousy way to go down.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Perfect game to have played Rundblad with Klesla, and Stone with Yandle.

This. Schlemko needs to sit. Body checking Mike Smith. Bobbling pucks at the blue line. If you are going to have train wreck moments, you should at least make up for it with something offensively. I'm tired of seeing Schlemko get starts over Rundblad.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Haha. I quoted a post on the first page. Now that I've read through, I'm glad others agree. Our garbage PP definitely gives enough reason for Rundblad into the line up.

Save Tippett from himself. Trade Schlemko. Recall Summers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad