GDT: Game 7: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes | 10-15-2013 | 7PM Arizona Time

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Well, back from the game.

2 goals on horrible, awful, faceplam inducing defensive lapses. Just Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moments.

Schlemko was awful. Especially paired with Yandle. Yikes.

Power play was frustrating.

Good parts was OEL's continued epicness, Hanzal ******** all over Turris all game, and Halpern looking good out there.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Our garbage PP definitely gives enough reason for Rundblad into the line up.

Save Tippett from himself. Trade Schlemko. Recall Summers.

Rundblad didn't even look bad in his own end. I don't get what's going on. The kid put in a year of hard work, shows up to camp and again looks great. Yet more jerking of his chain. If he isn't going to get into a game with Morris out, then why even bother pretending like you want him around? Trade him so he can have a shot somewhere else. I love Dave Tippett but he is god awful at managing (as in, "get off my lawn rookie" bad) anyone with defensive deficiencies, real or perceived.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Pretty bad atmosphere in the arena, and a thin crowd, rewarded by bouncing ball hockey, with terrible defensive lapses both ways. You can tell it's still early in the season. That, or both of these teams really are that bad. Sens certainly were passing a lot better than the Coyotes. Glad to get out of this one with an undeserved point.

Agree on Schlemko, but do people just turn a blind eye to all of Yandle's miscues that lead to extended time in our own zone?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Just back. Attending tonight's game from west Mesa and picking up a friend in Peoria was a time investment of seven and a half hours.

And we wonder why casual fans are scared by the arena's location - granted, it doesn't shy me away, but I wonder...

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Yandle was like this last year too. Then midway through the seasons he picked up steam and lead the team in points. Unfortunately it seems that Doan's late starts have rubbed off on him. I don't think anybody is blind to his constant defensive lapses.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
Found this on twitter from @fishbert

"First weekday #Coyotes home games

2013: 10,594 (vs OTT)
2012: 8,355 (vs CBJ)
2011: 11,051 (vs CHI)
2010: 6,706 (vs LA)
2009: 6,899 (vs STL)"

So...improvement errr?

Demosthenes

Speaker for the dead
Sep 29, 2011
Phoenix, AZ

So...improvement errr?

Pretty good, the only better one was chicago, and they always bring the garbage in from around the valley.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

So...improvement errr?

Pretty good, the only better one was chicago, and they always bring the garbage in from around the valley.

Canadian team is probably good for 2,000 or so bump. Wouldn't look into it much yet. Need to see a similar jump against vanilla teams.

They said on the broadcast tonight that the walk-up sales for tonight's game were the best..... ever.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Probably had to do with the student rush deal they had going on. ^

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Student rush deal is on every weeknight game isn't it?
Mon, Tues, Wed. Doesn't include marquee matchups or something like that. I think they said student rush tickets are available at a total of 9 games this season. 8 remaining now.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Eff. Defensive breakdown leads to that game winner by Conacher.

Give Ottawa credit. That pass to Conacher was amazing. Nine times out of ten the D would have shot that puck and Klesla would have blocked it. Everyone was fooled.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Should have won this in regulation. Gave up two garbage goals. 1 point I guess is better than nothing.

And we got two lucky goals. The Coyotes did not play a very good game. Four shots in the first period.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
One thing's for sure - blueline looks pretty pedestrian when Klesla and Morris are both out. At this point I don't want to trade either of them.

Even if he had nothing to show for it and was part of that miscue on the first goal, Yandle had his best game so far in this season. Only a matter of time before he starts putting up points.

Nice to see Ribs get his first goal. 4 game point streak.

I thought Yandle and Schlemko had their best games of the year. I think Yandle always plays better when not partnered with Morris.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You got that right. Schlemko was frustrating me all night, he and Yandle are like oil and water.

We need a shooter, but Morris and Klesla are definitely not the chips to use to try and get one.

I thought they both looked good.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Really makes me wonder why Tippett paired them in the first place tonight. Yandle - Stone and Schlemko - Klesla/Klesla - Rundblad would've made a lot more sense.

What I'm I missing? I thought they both looked good. Stone I thought had a rough game, as he had trouble handling the puck.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This. Schlemko needs to sit. Body checking Mike Smith. Bobbling pucks at the blue line. If you are going to have train wreck moments, you should at least make up for it with something offensively. I'm tired of seeing Schlemko get starts over Rundblad.

Why all the hate for Schlemko. He did bobble that puck at the blue line, but body checking Smith was Smith's fault. But I agree, I want to see Rundblad back in.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
What I'm I missing? I thought they both looked good. Stone I thought had a rough game, as he had trouble handling the puck.

Yeah, must have been watching completely different games, haha. Stone only had that bobble on the PP again, other than that, he was hitting and blocking shots effectively. Schlemko looked like crap out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad