GDT: Game 7: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes | 10-15-2013 | 7PM Arizona Time

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, I'd rather keep Korpi too, frustrating inability to finish notwithstanding, he's still a very good forechecker and defensive winger. If Lessio can develop into the same mold, then we'll talk about trading him, but for now Korpi is way too valuable as a utility winger for us.

Chipchura is fine on the 4th as well; gotta remember that even if he played above his head last season with timely offense, we really shouldn't be expecting offensive production from the 4th line, just crash and bang. Chip still provides plenty of energy on the forecheck and is actually above .500 on FO% this season.

Halpern's ability in the dot is obvious, but to be honest, I didn't really notice him outside of faceoffs last night.

Moss hasn't looked very good at all this season. If he's going to stick on the 4th I'd rather try to package him and Schlemko for a Top 6 triggerman and bring back Brown (tall order, I know, but it could be doable). Moving Moss will probably be the only way to afford a Top 6 forward anyways since we've reconsidered Klesla's value to our blueline (and obviously trading Morris is a non-starter as he's been our best d-man along w/ OEL).

Klink has looked awfully good the past few games. I think he should get extended time with Ribeiro - at the very least, he's at least demonstrated he can finish better than either Korpi or Doan so far this season.

I agree Moss and Schlemko would be the two that I would move. But if we want a true top six we may have to add a little, maybe a lot.

Mr Pukhead

Where's my ambulance
Jan 18, 2011
So, nothing more from the elbow to Klesla's head? Didn't I hear something about cracking down on head shots?

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
So, nothing more from the elbow to Klesla's head? Didn't I hear something about cracking down on head shots?

This is the NHL and Bobby Ryan is a pretty big name so they will sweep this under the rug no doubt.

If anything Raffi gets a suspension call and is blamed for the hit.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

it was interesting to hear during the explanation of Kaleta's suspension that he probably would have been suspended longer had jack johnson been injured badly.

I'm sure that was part of the reason for raffi's 25 games....

on the other hand that also means they are punishing players for the lack of improvement in helmets. how much of Hossa's injury was the result of contact with Torres and how much a result of hitting his head on the ice?

wasn't it about 10 years ago Messier was involved in designing a helmet to prevent concussions? I don't believe anything ever came of that though

I wonder how many concussions since the McSorley/Brashear incident (I still maintain the majority of that injury was a result of his head hitting the ice, not the stick to the head) were a result of the head hitting ice/glass after the initial hit?

when was the last significant improvement of any type to the helmets? the 70's?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad