GDT: Game 7 | New Jersey @ Ottawa | October 17th, 7:30pm | Sportsnet East | Home Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I know Pageau and Da Costa earned a spot by outplaying Zbad, but they've been terrible in the bottom six. Zbad or JOB just seem like more effective options in the bottom six, bigger and more physical. Personally the bottom six should be

Greening-Zbad-Condra
Kassian/JOB-Smith-Neil

There is an easy fix for this.

Greening- Pageau-Condra as the 3rd line.

heck even Smith-Pageau-Condra works but then greening is being wasted.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Greening - Smith - Condra
Kassian - JOB - Neil

Thats the only way to do it. Pageau needs to work on his game. Especially after that 3 minute night

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Honestly I would send down Pageau, release Da Costa after Zib gets a few more games down there, and trade Smith.

Smith can be replaced with JOB or even someone like Meuller or Steckel. Zack doesn't seem to want to fight or hit anymore so toughness isn't being affected.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Anyone know what kind of jerseys they sell at the Sens store at CTC? Is it the premier ones or the edge ones?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Ottawa should make a play at a bottom 6 forward with some decent hands to play with Zibanejad when he gets called up.

Greening-Smith-Neil should be our permanent 4th line.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Ottawa should make a play at a bottom 6 forward with some decent hands to play with Zibanejad when he gets called up.

Greening-Smith-Neil should be our permanent 4th line.

I know he's not a very good bottom six type guy, but a shot might be worth giving to Meuller. He may fit into our offensive system, and he can play wing.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I know he's not a very good bottom six type guy, but a shot might be worth giving to Meuller. He may fit into our offensive system, and he can play wing.

I don't think we need a prototypical 3rd liner.

Anyone that can play with Mika would be a +.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think the Sens are going to give Pageau some more time. If he doesn't start playing better Zibby will probably get his spot.

The EnigmatiC Soul*

Good to have our boys at home! Been a rocky start but I think we start to put things together here at home!

Going to watch the game in my Pageau jersey my gf got me for my birthday (which was before preseason started:) ) Hoping he can score a goal tonight and stave off a demotion, because sadly he has not been the same intense player he was in the playoffs and to start the season out.

4-2 Sens Greening with the winner.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Trust me, we have had it worse this year.

Against Calgary we get 1 goal taken back , which was complete BS and then the refs give the Flames 2 random PP's which they score on both

Then this happens against Winnipeg:help:

haha that ones pretty wild... Ottawa has been very undisciplined thus far, so I guess we should take the over. Its gonna be 4 on 4 all night with this kind of reffing and undisciplined play.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
All the best to our friends in NJ, but hearing them gripe about their schedule to start the season and refereeing makes me laugh a little.

And cry.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Greening - Smith - Condra
Kassian - JOB - Neil

Thats the only way to do it. Pageau needs to work on his game. Especially after that 3 minute night

Oh yeah the night when he won 2 of 3 faceoffs and the rest of the team blew it and allowed 2 goals? how is it his fault that he won back 2 draws and both turned into goals?

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
What are the odds Kassian doesn't get in a single fight this season and Maclean still plays him 70+ games

I love the coach but come on man

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What are the odds Kassian doesn't get in a single fight this season and Maclean still plays him 70+ games

I love the coach but come on man

Not even that. He is horrible skater, can't handle puck to save his life and only has 3 hits in 3 games.

DaCosta had 4 hits in 4 games for comparison's sake.

Wtf is Kassian doing there. He literally drags an entire line down with him.

Oct 10, 2010
I prefer Kassian in over SDC, only because like i said SDC extra minutes get distributed throughout the rest of the roster.

EDIT; Just noticed SDC got waived..

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
RQasFyS.jpg

KarlssonnSchultz

Feb 5, 2013
Ottawa
Gryba and Kassian should probably stop getting ice time in the very near future for the sake of this team...

That being said, we should still be able to easily handle the Devils.

Go Sens Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad