GDT: Game 7: Los Angeles Kings @ Arizona Coyotes | 10/27/23 19:00 MST | Scripps

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Is Alex Kerfoot going to provide anything or just collect a pay cheque?
He’s been an excellent fourth line grinder type. But he’s got a multi year, multi million deal. So he needs to step up offense.

You’d play Sanford over Carcone?
Sanford was terrible. A turnover, penalty and mostly just looking lost and scared.

Reactions: YotesFan47

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I must agree that AT was outcoached last night. In post game interview, he had no answer to why no pushback. Either he is protecting players too much or he truly didn't have an answer. I hope the former. Regardless, I look forward to how they respond. We could get smoked by Chicago too if we play them the same way.

Right now, Bedard is a much better player than Cooley, despite similar points. Bedard will be a handful on Monday. I don't think Cooley will be.

Reactions: Llewzaher

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I must agree that AT was outcoached last night. In post game interview, he had no answer to why no pushback. Either he is protecting players too much or he truly didn't have an answer. I hope the former. Regardless, I look forward to how they respond. We could get smoked by Chicago too if we play them the same way.

Right now, Bedard is a much better player than Cooley, despite similar points. Bedard will be a handful on Monday. I don't think Cooley will be.
AT also had the flu. There was a question pre game if he was going to be in or not. We had two played out of the lineup with the flu. Doesn’t meant there weren’t a lot of sick guys.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I don't know that I would call Keller a league wide super star. He's a fantastic hockey player and absolutely is a star in AZ, but I can't say the same across the league. Even if you do, LA has one of the best defenseman and centers of the last 15 years, we don't even have one of the best wingers of the last 5. That's a huge difference.

We have quite a way to go before we could be considered on pat with a team like LA, not just in skill, but in determination to win hockey games.

In 3-5 years? Absolutely we should be among the teams looked at as the standard.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Pains me to say it, but the Kings are good. Lead NHL in goals/gm.

Yotes need more time for the rebuild plan to mature.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Pains me to say it, but the Kings are good. Lead NHL in goals/gm.

Yotes need more time for the rebuild plan to mature.
I think we all knew the Coyote's were not a playoff team this year. I didn't think the Kings were that good, and if they can find a good goalie they could make some noise.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I think we all knew the Coyote's were not a playoff team this year. I didn't think the Kings were that good, and if they can find a good goalie they could make some noise.
Don't say we all! I still believe in this team!
We are too close to the playoffs not to think about getting over the bubble. And it's not just the Coyotes' roster has improved, but also other teams that are trending in the wrong direction (and I would argue that is a stronger arguement than the improve offense). 1 good blueliner could be the difference...

Reactions: Grimes and Edenjung

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Agree with everything you said here. Although I don't think he played bad, you have to take Hayton off that first line, even if it's to shuffle lines for a game. Your #1C has to be better. You have to give Cooley line mates that have talent who can play with him. AT was outcoached last night to put it simple. He did nothing to get the team going. Can Cooley or Maccelli show Hayton how to use his edges. Hayton is a big boy, start throwing your weight around. Mind you that is hard when you are always on your ass. The Kings really played Keller and Schmaltz tough. Hope the team and coach learn from this game. It was hopefully a learning experience.

We have to be better than that this and next year
Also for some reason Cooley was benched for most of the third

this team has a habit of going into D mode when they have a lead , rather than have that killer instinct

He’s been an excellent fourth line grinder type. But he’s got a multi year, multi million deal. So he needs to step up offense.

Sanford was terrible. A turnover, penalty and mostly just looking lost and scared.
Brown as well , no look pass up the boards to the Kings player, ended up in a goal , then a pass right to the front of the net , ended up in a goal

like Dermont the last game

Reactions: Jakey53

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

Yeah Cooley is not quite like he was pre season , only PP assists so far.

it’s a long season though

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I don’t know how to impress upon y’all just how overwhelming the King’s forecheck was….. I mean, if you didn’t see it, I guess you didn’t see it. It wasn’t coaching, I reckon Bear didn’t want to say the boys had just met up with more than they can handle at this point.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That’ll happen when the Yotes let you put up 11g in three days and you’ve only played five other games. Lol.

True, but they also took Vegas to OT last night, and the Knights are undefeated in regulation.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don’t know how to impress upon y’all just how overwhelming the King’s forecheck was….. I mean, if you didn’t see it, I guess you didn’t see it. It wasn’t coaching, I reckon Bear didn’t want to say the boys had just met up with more than they can handle at this point.
The Kings forecheck was, like you said overwhelming, but come on, Bear could have tried something, like even shuffle the lines, take a time out to try and settle the troops. The Kings beat us in every aspect of the game, and that included coaching.

Don't say we all! I still believe in this team!
We are too close to the playoffs not to think about getting over the bubble. And it's not just the Coyotes' roster has improved, but also other teams that are trending in the wrong direction (and I would argue that is a stronger arguement than the improve offense). 1 good blueliner could be the difference...
I think you are a year ahead of yourself. One Bobby Orr wouldn't be enough at this point.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The Kings forecheck was, like you said overwhelming, but come on, Bear could have tried something, like even shuffle the lines, take a time out to try and settle the troops. The Kings beat us in every aspect of the game, and that included coaching.
Yep, Bear got out coached in that game for sure...but if they can only have a handful of stinkers in the season, I'm ok with that.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yep, Bear got out coached in that game for sure...but if they can only have a handful of stinkers in the season, I'm ok with that.
We all learn from our mistakes, it's how we respond from the mistakes is the real question. I think Bear is too smart a coach not to turn that game into a positive for him and the players.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Sometimes it’s best in the long run to let the boys pull themselves up by the boot straps, or end up reflecting on what happened. I’ll concede a time out could have been of some help, but never been big on line juggling.

There are a lot of ways to coach to a means.

I’m also curious as to how they were out coached? Kings may have been read the riot act (which I sincerely doubt they even needed), but what other means were employed that prompt an out coaching discussion?

From my seat, the Kings just had more drive, determination and unfortunately, skill.

Sorry if this reply is discombobulated, had hell responding on cell.

We all learn from our mistakes, it's how we respond from the mistakes is the real question. I think Bear is too smart a coach not to turn that game into a positive for him and the players.
And there you have it!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino