GDT: Game 7: Los Angeles Kings @ Arizona Coyotes | 10/27/23 19:00 MST | Scripps

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I understand trying not to take penalties and all that but I would like to see the Yotes get more chippy and physical. Kings are taking runs here and there unanswered and just gotta do something to push back.
The Kings are big and fast. You add talent to that mix and you have yourself a damn good team.

Yup that’s what happens when you aren’t engaged in the game. Where is the heart? The competitive nature?
The team was outhustled and out coached, badly on both.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We were just passing into their sticks all night, the effort was good but the execution was way off. Kempe, Kopitar, and Daughty showed once again how good they are. I really love how Kempe plays hockey, and I hate he's a king. I want one of him.
Effort was good? Man, not sure what game you are watching but the Coyotes got schooled. The Kings more or less played with them after the ten minute mark of the first period. AT coached like RT last night. Our leaders didn't lead. Hopefully they all learn from this.

f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***! Time out here Bear.
Does Bear know what that is?

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Also… I did call my sister on the way home from work last night. She’s doing okay. Her husband’s already off hunting (hunters know what I mean :laugh:)

She sent me a pic of her Blazer….
IMG_3575.jpeg

Truck that hit them belonged to CDOT (Colorado’s version of ADOT). Driver admitted he had looked away briefly and never saw them. They were lucky my BIL made a quick maneuver to avoid the head-on. Everyone walked away from it.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I thought Liam OBrien was one of our best forwards tonight. He was throwing checks. One of the few guys who managed to chip pucks out and make simple plays. One of the few guys willing to drive the inside offensively. Oddly, the other guy I thought was effective at gaining the zone and getting inside and actually beating a Kings D was Cooley. And he got benched. Lol. He did have other issues that lead to the benching but I’m not fully onboard with it when Travis Boyd couldn’t keep up on a line that featured LOB. Haha.

Good to see Moser wake up. He’d been pretty disappointing and I was mildly nervous. Also haven’t seen Valimaki quite recapture the magic. Stecher and Brown are both pretty darn bad. And Dumba is not the type of guy who can be paired with someone like Stecher. That was a disaster.

I scored good seats behind the Coyotes-shoot-twice goal. Agree on OBrien, as I kept noticing him throughout the game, and thinking he played 17 minutes or something. Nope; less than 11 minutes.

Brown was terrible, as he was most of the time last season. He doesn't belong in the NHL. But he did flip a puck to my grandson during the warmup, so I never mentioned to him how terrible he is.

Speaking only as a fan of the sport rather than my team, it was entertaining to watch just how good the Kings were at moving the puck. And Doughty is a Hall of Famer. He hasn't lost a step at 33 years old. His lateral movement in the offensive zone to create shots is among the best I've seen.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Two years ago, Ottawa, Detroit, and Buffalo went into the lottery at 7th, 8th, and 9th. That should be us this year.

Last year they were 9th, 12th, and 14th. That’s probably us next year.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
The Kings are big and fast. You add talent to that mix and you have yourself a damn good team.

The team was outhustled and out coached, badly on both.
Yea. The lack of engagement doomed them. When they are up 4-1 and then you have Kings players getting in Cooley’s face for no reason after a whistle. That’s when you need to put the boot on their throat and beat them physically as well as the scoreboard. They needed to be aggressive and give the Kings nothing to feel good about.

Instead, the Yotes took it easy with the physicality and let the Kings beat them in that department. Once there let themselves become emotionally disinvested…it became a race against the clock on whether the lead could hold.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yea. The lack of engagement doomed them. When they are up 4-1 and then you have Kings players getting in Cooley’s face for no reason after a whistle. That’s when you need to put the boot on their throat and beat them physically as well as the scoreboard. They needed to be aggressive and give the Kings nothing to feel good about.

Instead, the Yotes took it easy with the physicality and let the Kings beat them in that department. Once there let themselves become emotionally disinvested…it became a race against the clock on whether the lead could hold.
When England dumped LOB and menaced over him and LOB skated off, I thought we might be in trouble. They all seemed to want to run out the clock. Problem was there were 49/60 minutes left to play. You can’t just take 82% of a game off. Lol.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
When England dumped LOB and menaced over him and LOB skated off, I thought we might be in trouble. They all seemed to want to run out the clock. Problem was there were 49/60 minutes left to play. You can’t just take 82% of a game off. Lol.
It's hard to believe that the entire defense are playing for new contracts!

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Needed brown, O’Brien and mcbain to show up. f***ing hit someone. Doughty with the go ahead goal yells at the bench, no response. Minimal shots on net on a shaky goalie.

I also can’t wait to get out of mullet arena. So many empty seats in a 5500 seat rink. We deserve the bullshit about an empty barn. Arizona is shitty sports state as far as support goes.

There were articles about how the diamondbacks sold out the World Series and how awesome our support for the dbacks are. Under no circumstance should a World Series game ever not be sold out… that shouldn’t even be a thing. Embarrassing

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Terrible night for AZ sports.
It’s only going to get worse. ASU will lose today, the cardinals tomorrow and the way they fell apart last night, the DBacks will be down 2-0

Needed brown, O’Brien and mcbain to show up. f***ing hit someone. Doughty with the go ahead goal yells at the bench, no response. Minimal shots on net on a shaky goalie.

I also can’t wait to get out of mullet arena. So many empty seats in a 5500 seat rink. We deserve the bullshit about an empty barn. Arizona is shitty sports state as far as support goes.

There were articles about how the diamondbacks sold out the World Series and how awesome our support for the dbacks are. Under no circumstance should a World Series game ever not be sold out… that shouldn’t even be a thing. Embarrassing
That’ll happen when you way overcharge for a seat!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I thought that the team had more character. It’s one thing to lose against another team, and another to surrender. The Coyotes surrendered after LA cut the lead to 4-2.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought Liam OBrien was one of our best forwards tonight. He was throwing checks. One of the few guys who managed to chip pucks out and make simple plays. One of the few guys willing to drive the inside offensively. Oddly, the other guy I thought was effective at gaining the zone and getting inside and actually beating a Kings D was Cooley. And he got benched. Lol. He did have other issues that lead to the benching but I’m not fully onboard with it when Travis Boyd couldn’t keep up on a line that featured LOB. Haha.

Good to see Moser wake up. He’d been pretty disappointing and I was mildly nervous. Also haven’t seen Valimaki quite recapture the magic. Stecher and Brown are both pretty darn bad. And Dumba is not the type of guy who can be paired with someone like Stecher. That was a disaster.
Agree with everything you said here. Although I don't think he played bad, you have to take Hayton off that first line, even if it's to shuffle lines for a game. Your #1C has to be better. You have to give Cooley line mates that have talent who can play with him. AT was outcoached last night to put it simple. He did nothing to get the team going. Can Cooley or Maccelli show Hayton how to use his edges. Hayton is a big boy, start throwing your weight around. Mind you that is hard when you are always on your ass. The Kings really played Keller and Schmaltz tough. Hope the team and coach learn from this game. It was hopefully a learning experience.

Two years ago, Ottawa, Detroit, and Buffalo went into the lottery at 7th, 8th, and 9th. That should be us this year.

Last year they were 9th, 12th, and 14th. That’s probably us next year.
We have to be better than that this and next year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Fans support winners. But there is no reason, except maybe price, to not fill that little arena.

Reactions: SR

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Assuming flu bug is gone Monday, I’d go:

Keller Hayton Schmaltz
Crouse Cooley Maccelli
Sanford Bjugstad Kerfoot
McCartney McBain McOBrien

Boyd and Carcone can take a seat.

Reactions: Summer Rose

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Effort was good? Man, not sure what game you are watching but the Coyotes got schooled. The Kings more or less played with them after the ten minute mark of the first period. AT coached like RT last night. Our leaders didn't lead. Hopefully they all learn from this.

Does Bear know what that is?
They worked, the kings are a significantly better team than we are and showed it. After the first 10, they got their legs under them and did what I've seen them do to many teams, and their stars are league superstars, to which we currently have none. They smoked us but we're still young and dumb. That goes for Bear as a NHL head coach as well. He's learning things every year and seems to improve his methods, but it's still a work in progress. I have faith that we'll be capable of what the kings did to us last to other teams in a handful of years. We tried but we're not there yet.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Ehh they’re pretty interchangeable. Just looking for some fresh legs and fresh faces. Carcone has been pretty unforgettable to start this year.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad