GDT: Game #7| Jan. 29, 2013|Flyers at Rangers |7:00 p.m. ET

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Not the start of the season we all hoped for but what can you do.

Anyway, they really need to win tonight.

2-5 the first seven games with 3 losses against divisional rivals could be devastating for the moral of this young team.

Win tonight, smash the Caps in Washington and go on a roll in the upcoming 4 home games.

That's what I am hoping for.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Turn the tables! The Rangers have won all last season against the Flyers, why not get into their heads and own them this year?

However, these Rangers look scary on paper...

and I don't like the fact that every single game against a Divisional rival turns into a "must win". They need to string a few wins together to jump out of the pressure cooker.

*Bob Richards*

It is, but many Ranger fans are saying their current 4th line is just plain awful. Apparently both Rupp and Halpern look like they're done in about a season and Asham is getting there as well.

Asham is probably the most noticeable player on the 4th line which is rather disheartening.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers

Still early but Lundqvist is only goalie on ice at #NYR AM skate. Could mean Biron start. Skaters Ferriero, Halpern, Bickel, Gilroy, Eminger
Retweeted by Sam Carchidi

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008

Still early but Lundqvist is only goalie on ice at #NYR AM skate. Could mean Biron start. Skaters Ferriero, Halpern, Bickel, Gilroy, Eminger

Could mean that for sure, though I think it just means he acknowledges his play of late has stunk, and he's putting in some extra work.

NY hasnt played since Saturday, hard to believe they start the back up against a division rival who needs points as much as they do.

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Henrik Lundqvist
Firm @ 10:50am EST
10:50am 'Lundqvist first off ice; sixth straight start tonight' (Steve Zipay)
10:36am And Biron is also on ice for morning skate (Andrew Gross)
10:34am Lundqvist is the only goalie to take the ice during the morning skate (Andrew Gross)

Lundqvist starting again. Must win again. Ughhhhhhhhhhh............

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Rinaldo may or may not be ready tonight.

Also, Flyers' roster shows the notation that he was on IR has been removed; Lilja and McGinn no longer on the team's roster page at NHL.com which could be outdated or updated since Wellwood is still here.

Tim P. has the following from practice:

Lilja and Gervais look like a pair with Foster odd man out

Rinaldo says he is not sure he's ready. Switched jersey at end of skate. May not play

Anthony S. has the following from practice:

Looks like Rinaldo is gonna be back in the lineup tonight as he takes a regular shift at morning practice with Fedotenko + Sestito

Sam @ Inq.:
Lilja is in tonight

Last edited:

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Is everyone dealing with all these games and all these divisional games stacked up, or are we being screwed by the schedule?
We're only being screwed because we have only won one of them. If we beat everyone the tone would be thank god we are getting the division out of the way so early lol

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Is everyone dealing with all these games and all these divisional games stacked up, or are we being screwed by the schedule?

Rangers started out with 4 games in 6 days (2 back to backs): @BOS, vPIT, vBOS, @PHI :(

You guys also started out with 4 in 6 but with one back to back: vPIT, @BUF, @NJ, vNYR

So yeah we got pretty screwed in the first week. As opposed to say the Devils who had 3 games in 7 days: @NYI, vPHI, vWAS

It'll all even out in the end though...

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Latest indication is McGinn will be scratched tonight. If Rinaldo is activated, could mean a roster move is necessary since he was on IR. Edit: Roster on NHL.com is outdated; appears to be 23 active players including Rinaldo.

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I really disagree with this if it means Rinaldo and Sestito will be in the line up together.

It appears both will be starting on a line centered by Fedotenko.

I'm not sure if these lines are permanent for the entire game but here is what Sam C. has:

The Flyers’ probable lineup:

* Simmonds-Giroux-Read.

* Talbot-Couturier-Voracek.

* Knuble-Schenn-Briere.

* Rinaldo-Fedotenko-Sestito

D: Schenn-Timonen; Coburn-Grossmann; Lilja-Gervais.

G: Bryzglaov.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inqflyersreport/Lineup-changes-as-Flyers-face-Rangers.html

Last edited:

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
They'll mostly have their heads up because they'll be cycling the puck on the PP all night.

Yup I don't like rinaldo on the team simply cuz he's a marked man. I like him as a player but his junior reputation has neutered his career...he gets two mins for hitting too hard and if he does anything close to a penalty its called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad