GDT: [Game #7] Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights - 7:30 PM CT (BS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This loss sucks, but on the other hand outside of that one shift the Robertson line was outstanding. Creating almost every shift it felt like.

Nice to have that back, but sucks they had nothing to show for it on the scoreboard tonight.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
At this point Babcock seems like a better option. Has a Nill connection.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I don't think there's any possibility where Bowness is gone before Nill. You could try and fire Bowness, hire a coach, and then fire Nill at a later date, but unless you offer a contract that only goes until the end of the season it really handcuffs whoever the new GM coming in is. It also makes Dallas a less attractive place for a new hire since they can't choose a coaching staff, which is probably the first big decision any GM is allowed to make. It's certainly not unheard of, but it would be unusual to fire Bowness, hire an interim guy, and then probably see him walk because a GM has a different idea in mind.

I'm on this train, but I don't see it leaving the station until the season is close to over, or possibly right before the trade deadline if they want someone to come in and get used to the situation before the draft and to deal with UFA signings.

im just saying, sure.. both

gorton likely brings quinn,
i know next to nothing about him tbh but there aren’t many known names out there to be had right now and that might be best available?

would the ownership be willing to do this sort of thing, or is this still a slow covid waddle into mediocrity?

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
No. Babcock hasn't been a good coach since Lidstrom retired. This team doesn't need another dinosaur coaching hockey from two decades ago.

He also happens to be a world class piece of shit, which is why he hasn't found another gig in the NHL. Then again, seeing as how Quenneville was behind the bench tonight, clearly that has never stopped anyone from working in this league.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
No. Babcock hasn't been a good coach since Lidstrom retired. This team doesn't need another dinosaur coaching hockey from two decades ago.
He is still a great coach and better than anything Dallas has. Miro is a young Lidstrom.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
im just saying, sure.. both

gorton likely brings quinn,
i know next to nothing about him tbh but there aren’t many known names out there to be had right now and that might be best available?
I’d be ok with Gorton. Gaglardi will pick the worst person possible lol

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Awful loss seeing it was at home, Vegas is on the 2nd night of a back to back, without their 2 best forwards, back up goalie in net.

Very passive team with little emotion. Maybe we need some.

Reactions: Elysian
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Not sure where this "sit back in the 3rd" talk is coming from. I didn't see it, and the shots don't indicate it. They did get hemmed in a couple of times, but that was because of dumb turnovers, not any sort of strategy. Are people upset they played defense against a 6 on 5?

Also, no to Gorton and Babcock. Gorton took a playoff team and turned it into a rebuilding team. Additionally, he gave way too much money to Panarin and Trouba despite having all of the leverage.

Babcock could only win with a massively stacked roster, which the Stars don't have.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Another game where Bowness coaches them to a tie, then lose on the coin flip extra time. Fantastic, .500 hockey is so much fun. Let's put some more grinders out on the 6 on 5, that'll really show em.

Reactions: starsfan86

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Stars dominated the game and lost , sometimes that’s the way hockey goes . Y’all stress way too much .

How many times have we said this over the past few years? If moral victories counted for anything the Stars would be tops in the league the past 3 seasons.

They always find a way to lose.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Stars dominated the game and lost , sometimes that’s the way hockey goes . Y’all stress way too much .

Yes, my impression sitting in the stands was this was so typical of the Stars. Dominate but can't put them away when you have the chance, and so often it comes back to bite you. They let Vegas score on one of their zero scoring chances in the first, and that soft goal usually comes back to bite you in close games, and while it never should have been, this one was, i.e., another typical Stars game.

In my first in person viewing, I was impressed by their speed and hustle, and they looked like they really had taken the last few lackluster performances to heart. I was surprised at Bone's "sometimes you lose, the goalie was good, we hit some posts, we'll build on this, moral victory" attitude in post game presser. While all true, my impression leaving the stadium (at least the parts I can print.....) was that they should have won about 6-0 and found a way to snatch D from the jaws of victory.

I will say this again, if any of you want to buy some lower lever tickets for games this year, PM me, as I seem likely to be willing to sell them!

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
How many times have we said this over the past few years? If moral victories counted for anything the Stars would be tops in the league the past 3 seasons.

They always find a way to lose.
Thing is , if the stars let games like that get to them the way most of the fans on here do , they are doomed . If they don’t let it get to them and keep playing like that every game they will no doubt be a playoff team .

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Thing is , if the stars let games like that get to them the way most of the fans on here do , they are doomed . If they don’t let it get to them and keep playing like that every game they will no doubt be a playoff team .

Not to be a smartass, but if they continue to average 2 goals a game (13G in 7GP, not counting the shootout goal), they will most definitely not be a playoff team.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Not to be a smartass, but if they continue to average 2 goals a game (13G in 7GP, not counting the shootout goal), they will most definitely not be a playoff team.
Your right but and I know it’s cliche , if they play with that effort every game they are going to score more goals . Eventually they will stop hitting posts and hot goaltenders .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX

That second chart jives with my eye test last night. The first half of the first two periods we dominated, slowed down a little in the second half of periods, and even in the third, with the traditional push by Vegas, the game went in waves, as you would probably expect. They weren't bad in the third, but LV scored with the goalie pulled on a great shot to the upper left corner.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Your right but and I know it’s cliche , if they play with that effort every game they are going to score more goals . Eventually they will stop hitting posts and hot goaltenders .

Totally got it, hence the smartass disclaimer.

Fun Vegas fact, they are the anti-Stars:

In the post chain Micah had with the rest of those graphs was an absolutely f***ing incredible chart about the Stars turtling and how it looks:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I think the one thing I've gotten from this game is that Faksa needs to be with offensively capable linemates. I like him much better with Benn and Guri than Comeau. He's got more offense to offer than a boat anchor like Comeau can give.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think the one thing I've gotten from this game is that Faksa needs to be with offensively capable linemates. I like him much better with Benn and Guri than Comeau. He's got more offense to offer than a boat anchor like Comeau can give.

Just put Glendening on that fourth line . He makes no sense on a line that is trying to score. Yeah he has two goals but he's a fourth line grinder

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I still don’t know why we signed Comeau, Raffl, and Glen. I’ve liked the latter two so far. Comeau is a waste of a roster spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad