GDT: Game 7: Columbus vs. New York Islanders | 10/20 7PM EDT

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I still say this is a total team effort, from the coaches on down. You just don't go 0-7-0 simply because you have a suspect defense. This defense is pedestrian, but history shows it is not horrible. Certainly not a high caliber NHL D, but a serviceable one. In that regard I have to feel for JK. With this offense, on paper, the CBJ should be able to score enough to counter some of the defensive deficiencies.

No, 0-7-0 requires a total team collapse. 13 GF, 34 GA. Averaging less then 2 goals a game while giving up almost 5 goals a game. And from the games that I have watched it isn't that we are killed on possession time.

Something is very, very wrong with this team. It should NOT be this bad. Defense, goaltending, offense should absolutely not be this terrible. OK, as I said before, the defense is mediocre, but not to this extent. Not to the extent that it is the sole reason for this horrific start. It is in their heads. It is in their hearts. Everyone of them needs to look in the mirror and figure out what they need to do.

If they continue on this path, I don't see a win in the month of October. I lack any confidence at this point that this will change soon.

Very sad.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
The best player on the team is lazy, floating around, making bad passes, not pressuring the puck. Would like to see Foligno get in Joeys face. He wants to get paid $10M? Get him out of here. Could get a lot in return.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I still say this is a total team effort, from the coaches on down. You just don't go 0-7-0 simply because you have a suspect defense. This defense is pedestrian, but history shows it is not horrible. Certainly not a high caliber NHL D, but a serviceable one. In that regard I have to feel for JK. With this offense, on paper, the CBJ should be able to score enough to counter some of the defensive deficiencies.

No, 0-7-0 requires a total team collapse. 13 GF, 34 GA. Averaging less then 2 goals a game while giving up almost 5 goals a game. And from the games that I have watched it isn't that we are killed on possession time.

Something is very, very wrong with this team. It should NOT be this bad. Defense, goaltending, offense should absolutely not be this terrible. OK, as I said before, the defense is mediocre, but not to this extent. Not to the extent that it is the sole reason for this horrific start. It is in their heads. It is in their hearts. Everyone of them needs to look in the mirror and figure out what they need to do.

If they continue on this path, I don't see a win in the month of October. I lack any confidence at this point that this will change soon.

Very sad.

Pretty much sums it up.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I am astonished at the lack of effort. Last nite I was truly bored as I watched form my seats behind CMac. I saw no sense of urgency, no desire. Just guys going thru the motions. It was genuinely pathetic. My friend who I brought with me asked, "What is wrong with theses guys, don't they give a damn?". I just shook my head.

I was not in favor of Foligno for Captain, even though he is a great guy. I always wanted Dubie because of his fire and passion. If Dubie had the C, I am sure he would have had a very blunt discussion with Joey by now.

Fact is for whatever reason, TR is unable to stir these guys up to play hard as his system requires.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So I was at the game last night and with all the terrible play and ******** going on right now I was able to pick out 2 things that were pretty positive last night.

Goloubef- he's a beast, he might actually be our best defender right now. Made really good plays where he was able to pinch in the offensive zone and keep the puck in, which I completely expected him to pull a Prout, go for it, miss it and it ends up in the back of the net. But he didnt, he was physical, smart, and looked wise beyond his years out there.

Wennberg. Looks excellent out there. Constantly moving his feet. Making very heads up plays whether it was making a great pass or just getting the puck in deep. There was also a really nice play where the puck was passed kinda wild and he wrangled it in full stride in the neutral zone that was really pretty. And in one of the seemingly million Powerplays in the 3rd he went from trying to be a playmaker to realizing that the team just needed to put the puck on net. I looked to my buddy and told him you know things are really bad when Wennberg starts shooting on the powerplay.

thebus2288*

Don't like having guys like Saad and Wennberg up high on the PP.

BUT REALLY GOLOBEUF AGAIN?!? With the Prout **** thrown in.

Did you NOT see the play that pretty much sealed the loss for us even by just going down 2? Worse than the Prout failed chip out and Connauton falling asleep.

I'll remind you...

[NHL]2015020084-615-h[/NHL]

If Prout, Savard or Johnson did this there'd be a full page+ complaining, instead we had more people blaming Murray for this.
:shakehead

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I am astonished at the lack of effort. Last nite I was truly bored as I watched form my seats behind CMac. I saw no sense of urgency, no desire. Just guys going thru the motions. It was genuinely pathetic. My friend who I brought with me asked, "What is wrong with theses guys, don't they give a damn?". I just shook my head.

I was not in favor of Foligno for Captain, even though he is a great guy. I always wanted Dubie because of his fire and passion. If Dubie had the C, I am sure he would have had a very blunt discussion with Joey by now.

Fact is for whatever reason, TR is unable to stir these guys up to play hard as his system requires.

Dubie has never needed the permission of a fancy letter sown on his jersey to yell at his teammates.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't like having guys like Saad and Wennberg up high on the PP.

BUT REALLY GOLOBEUF AGAIN?!? With the Prout **** thrown in.

Did you NOT see the play that pretty much sealed the loss for us even by just going down 2? Worse than the Prout failed chip out and Connauton falling asleep.

I'll remind you...

[NHL]2015020084-615-h[/NHL]

If Prout, Savard or Johnson did this there'd be a full page+ complaining, instead we had more people blaming Murray for this.

Connauton -102 GP

Prout- 152 GP

Goloubef- 52 GP

Outside of Karlsson he's the greenest player on the roster. He's still learning and he's gonna make mistakes. And even with that mistake he still had a better game than Prout. Prout was the reason for the first goal so..

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

There was like 2 people who blamed Murray (for some reason.) The rest said it was a horrible pass or singled out Goloubef.

thebus2288*

There was like 2 people who blamed Murray (for some reason.) The rest said it was a horrible pass or singled out Goloubef.

"The rest" was also like 5 ****in people. If it was Prout it would've been dozens.

I think they might have even been mistaken because 27 and 29 look similar and Murray and Goloubef kind of look the same

:help:

Good point.

Yeah too busy looking up graphs and decimals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad