GDT: Game 7: Blue Jackets @ Avs | October 24th, 7PM MT/4AM Finnish | Saviours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tanguay and Iginla falling off a cliff at the same time really hurts, Iginla was frustrating at times last season too. However Tanguay played well on both sides of the puck.

Tanguay better snap out of it IMO, I don't believe its age with him.

I'm not sure. He kept talking during pre-season and after game 1 that he didn't really have his legs under him. I think he's had a harder time getting up to speed than in previous years. That's a factor of age.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
GWG? Not really. GTG, yes, absolutely, and he knows it. But the GWG was mostly Holden. I'm not entirely sure what Gormley is supposed to do when his defensive partner is doing absolutely nothing to engage the winger bringing the puck in on the far side.

sorry i totally meant the gtg. that was just a boneheaded play followed by even more fail... i still attribute the loss to that series of events

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Their management issues were much deeper rooted though. Kevin Lowe had been the guy in charge of that team for 15 years since he became GM in 2000. It's more comparable to the Lacroix's influence and tenure than it is to Sakic and Roy's.

As TV said earlier, this team has shown it rarely goes outside "the family" so to speak. Similar to the Oilers. They have also shown a propensity to hang on too long when things quit being successful (see your example of Lacroix). I wasn't equating the Avs to the Oilers, but just using them as an example.

My belief is that the often, too much leeway is given when dealing with people who have a storied history within the organization, even when the results are mediocre or worse.

edit: One could argue that Sakic is merely and extension of the Lacroix era as well. He was brought in to learn from and be the successor to the Lacroix group.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'd say he's done enough different to not just be following the Lacroix gameplan but some deep rooted philosophies, sure. Team building, drafting, contracts those things are different. Culturally, the KGB info at times, doing things vastly different are the same.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
i have my doubts in roy's coaching abilities. After the amazing 1st year its been all down hill from there. He isn't giving Duchene a chance to succeed by keeping iginla on duchenes line and its obvious he's struggling. The fact that he gives holden more icetime than Johnson/beauchamin. The guinin favoritism. Hopefully the team stops underachieving soon

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
On a bright side, Roy keeps saying he doesn't want to miss the playoffs again, so when he misses it one more time or few more times, he'll finally realize whatever he's doing systemwise or personnel wise isn't working so he'll either change things, bring in better system and players or he'll step down and this team will finally hire an experienced NHL coach

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad