GDT: Game 7: Blue Jackets @ Avs | October 24th, 7PM MT/4AM Finnish | Saviours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
2 struggling teams are meeting tonight with the Avalanche hosting the winless Blue Jackets.

The Avalanche have started in a very average manner, and were shutout at home in their last game against the struggling Hurricanes.

The Blue Jackets have started their season worse than any other team since the 1940s.
I think that sums up their season up to this point.

PLAYER PROFILES: #1 Saviours

:avs
Nick "I can't believe the Jackets let this guy go" Holden
(and maybe the guy wearing the shirt as well)

amGznNX.jpg

:cbj
Brandon "wish I would've asked for less" Saad

chicago_blackhawks_prospect_brandon_saad_gets_points_to_top_fridays_stars.jpg

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

sSZIwAh.jpg

Sources: Daily faceoff

EDIT: Jackets line-up after Johansen illness:

EhgPp4y.jpg

PROJECTED STARTING GOALTENDERS

MdzpqDO.jpg

Source: The Daily Faceoff

POINTS LEADERS

UFRMbtJ.jpg

INJURIES and HEALTHY SCRATCHES

Blue Jackets
Connauton - Healthy
Boll - Healthy
Johansen - Illness

Avalanche
Winchester - Concussion
Stuart - Healthy enough
Barrie - Department of player safety

New 3rd Jersey

1009-col15alt-detail.png

The Music

JUST GO AND GRAB A WIN!

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
As I said before, I'll be leaving for some time now in an hour so I won't be able to update if changes in the line-ups occur.
The Jackets lines and healthy scratches may change and their starting goalie isn't yet 100% sure.

Also thanks to Shermy for the Everberg pic.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hopefully Torts keeps benching his best player.

I like that the Avs have what looks like an honest-to-goodness checking line, now it remains to be seen if Roy actually uses them as such.

This Tyson Barrie suspension feels like it's taking forever. Thank the Hockey Gods it's over after tonight.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
When people say all those talented forwards on the Avs, who do they really mean other than MacKinnon, Duchene and Landeskog?

Seriously, they gotta stop saying that because it's getting overrated. This team has 3 talented forwards, two old forwards who are done and should retire (who used to be talented) and the rest are bottom 6.

Last edited:

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
When people say all those talented forwards on the Avs, who do they really mean other than MacKinnon, Duchene and Landeskog?

Seriously, they gotta stop saying that because it's getting overrated. This team has 3 talented forwards, two old forwards who are done and should retire, and the rest are bottom 6.

That's actually really true. Here's to hoping we can include Rantanen, Grig, and someone else on that list very soon..,

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm worried Avs won't be able to match Blue Jackets desperation and will be outworked.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Six games in Söderberg and Iginla has been on the ice for one even strength goal for. Comeau and Duchene for none.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
The only thing I'm asking for is if we lose nobody says, well they were winless and desperate or something along those lines. The way is see it we should be as desperate cause starting the season 2-4-1 in the Central would put us in the hole early

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Well I dont like the new third jersey to me its a turd jersey
I want Mitchel baby number 7 who scores back in center...

Please win big, and restore my faith in all things Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad