Goal-Day Thread Game 7: Arizona AAA's @ Winnipeg Jets | 10/20/2018 1:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Fischer-Strome-Keller
Crouse-Galchenyuk-Hinostroza
Perlini-Stepan-Grabner
Cousins-Richardson-Kempe

Can we see that next game please? (Assuming Galchenyuk is healthy, which I heard he might be)

Reactions: RemoAZ

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I was impressed with how we played this one overall. There were times in the game when the Jets dominated but
I thought we played them well and our speed and forecheck gave them some problems.

Power play needs to be better. Can't wait to get Gally back to help the powerplay.

Raanta is a stud. He keeps us in every game we play. The veteran defense needs to be better. I like the way Oesterle plays although
he fumbed a few pucks late.

The biggest difference I see with shots/for against is our forwards working very hard on the backcheck.
We have blocked a good amount of shots.

I knew we wouldn't win this one - but I thought we played a heck of a game. We nearly had a tie game and I thought deserved a better outcome.

I don't understand goalie interference anymore. If a played skates thru the blue paint and even slightly nudges the goalie
it should be called interference. he bumps his head and skate hits his leg. Just cause the forward doesn't crash into the goalie doesn't make it less interference.
I am baffled by the lack of call on this.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Finnish Jets fan coming in peace.

Watched the game yesterday with my GF. One part of our conversation:

GF: "Are there any Finns playing for the team in white?"
Me: "Yes, Raanta. Their goaltender."
[1 minute of silently watching as Coyotes allow Jets to have a carneval and like 5 shots on goal]
GF: "Looks like he is the only one actually playing."

Also, Keller is a beauty. And the reason why that one play was not interference was most likely that Lemieux(?) tried to skate in front of the goal but was pushed to the blue paint. Tough call though, could have gone either way.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Perlini, Stepan, Demers, Panik can all go...I dont care if we suck but I want all in guys.

You can also add Goli to that list. And I think we will actually be better after removing them assuming they don't trade for the same players. There are other sucker GMs out there. Chayka just needs to find them.

Panik already on the trade block I reckon. It was worth keeping him around to see if he could sustain the chemistry with Step and Keller, but he's decided to float around and found himself on the 4th line where he's ****ing useless. Go out and replace him with a big body.

Maybe Columbus wants him..lol

So disappointed in our veteran leadership group. Goligoski sucks. Demers sucks. Stepan is asleep. Panik is just bad. Richardson should be retired.

Agree except Richardson has done a lot of good things. Unfortunately, he is being asked IMO to do more because RT trusts him..dare I say like DT trusted him.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Somebody posted a study once that shows players radically fall off for like -4 months or so post childbirth.

As I recall it was after Vermy had one and was playing like ass

Heh, Blues posters are complaining Pietrangelo has been absolute horseshit for the start of this season. Coincidentally, his wife gave birth to triplets in late july. That means he's gonna be bad for 12 months, right? :sarcasm:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Heh, Blues posters are complaining Pietrangelo has been absolute horse**** for the start of this season. Coincidentally, his wife gave birth to triplets in late july. That means he's gonna be bad for 12 months, right? :sarcasm:
12 months? No. I’ve been exhausted for 49 months, and for the first 36 I only had the one kid.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
I’ve got 6 kids, so...always tired, but manage to do my job. Can’t use that as an excuse. I’m sure they have nannies or au pairs too.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I was impressed with how we played this one overall. There were times in the game when the Jets dominated but
I thought we played them well and our speed and forecheck gave them some problems.

Power play needs to be better. Can't wait to get Gally back to help the powerplay.

Raanta is a stud. He keeps us in every game we play. The veteran defense needs to be better. I like the way Oesterle plays although
he fumbed a few pucks late.

The biggest difference I see with shots/for against is our forwards working very hard on the backcheck.
We have blocked a good amount of shots.

I knew we wouldn't win this one - but I thought we played a heck of a game. We nearly had a tie game and I thought deserved a better outcome.

I don't understand goalie interference anymore. If a played skates thru the blue paint and even slightly nudges the goalie
it should be called interference. he bumps his head and skate hits his leg. Just cause the forward doesn't crash into the goalie doesn't make it less interference.
I am baffled by the lack of call on this.
The Jets are a very good team. We stayed with them most of the game. I would say they outplayed us but only slightly. This looks like to me anyway, the best team we have had since the WCF team. We are generating chances, our goal tending is good and our D is pretty good too. The D made some mistakes that cost us in this game. Agree with the above post, biggest difference is our forwards on the back check and forecheck this year. That is leading to more puck possession for us and that generates more chances for our skill guys up front.

I like the play and looks of the team so far, scoring and record not with standing. If this play continues, we will be fine (make the playoffs).

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
12 months? No. I’ve been exhausted for 49 months, and for the first 36 I only had the one kid.
You just gave all my hopes up. I was just driving home thinking about how tired I am with a 10 month old and 2 jobs. I was working through the time frame of relief because in 6 weeks I'm down to 1 job and reading this just made me so sad haha.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You just gave all my hopes up. I was just driving home thinking about how tired I am with a 10 month old and 2 jobs. I was working through the time frame of relief because in 6 weeks I'm down to 1 job and reading this just made me so sad haha.
My elder son is what the child psychologists euphemistically refer to as “a spirited child”. Not all kids are like this. My younger son has been so easy for his 13 months. Not just relatively speaking, considering his brother. I mean by any standards. He’s essentially what naive childless people think a baby is going to be; mostly just cute and cooperative with a smidge here or there of fussiness. Point is: flip a coin.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We're way past "postives" We need RESULTS.
Okay, let's take a breath. The Jets are considered a serious contender for the cup. Regardless if we had 1 win or 5, we clearly weren't going to beat the Jets in the hole. And we didn't. Losing Dvo and Chucky really hurt our top 6. Once Chucky comes back we should be scoring more goals.

Reactions: Mosby and Sthlmyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad