GDT: Game 69: Vegas Golden Knights @ Winnipeg Jets | 5:00PM | Air Crash Investigation

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It’s not cherry picking stats when Holden made several mistakes that led to those goals. That was why I reacted to the stat the way I did.

Not sure I buy the argument that other defenders make a lot of mistakes so it’s okay for Holden to play poorly too. Whitecloud is a young rookie and already looks better than him.

No, he doesn't always look better than him. Not even a lion's share of the time. More often possibly.

Some of the goals were on the PK and not all were his fault, some were Whitecloud's. People pick him out and pick on him as if we could do better or that every team has better defenders at 6. No one in our system is a better option at this point and he can be easily used as a great 7D option if someone does next season.

The same posters who criticize Holden were absolutely silent at the bad play of Hague that got him demoted to the AHL to keep developing. He is what he is and he does enough for us for what we ask of him, a cap league requires championship teams to find what they can where they can.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
giphy.gif

Reactions: CupInSIX

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Who is the VGK goalie coach? Fleury is just so out of position. Isn't the coach's job to fix that. He does look slow, he looks out of position, and his rebound control looks like Subban's.

Also, could they hit the net and stop overpassing.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Your taking away this teams Identity man :sarcasm::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Meant to say he doesn't look slow, he looks athletic, but he is still way out of position and giving horrific rebounds.

Oh, and could Marchessault stop trying to do it all himself. Need much more from him and Stastny.

Reactions: hangman005

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Meant to say he doesn't look slow, he looks athletic, but he is still way out of position and giving horrific rebounds.

Oh, and could Marchessault stop trying to do it all himself. Need much more from him and Stastny.
So Marchy should stop shooting and pass, and everyone else should stop passing and shoot.......

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I see I haven't missed anything. Scheifele is the player Glass is supposed to become, correct. If he could get on that when he comes back that would be nice.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
So Marchy should stop shooting and pass, and everyone else should stop passing and shoot.......
Sure - I watched Smith on a 2 on 1 wait, wait wait to pass by which time the Jet back-checked the puck and we didn't even get a shot off.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fleury has had a month stretch of good play on occasions this season but besides those he has been average or bad, and more bad. I think his last two seasons would be expected to be decent but not his level. He could still be a 15-20 goalie but we need better than that.

We have to re-sign Lehner or sign Markstrom or a starter and split starts or move Fleury to 35 games next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad