GDT: Game 69: Vancouver vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZX - Winning is cool, but not right now Edition

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Is it wrong to admit I was rooting for Garland there? Keller was just sort of watching it from the bench with this amused look on his face, chomping away on the mouth guard,
Ha, yeah there was really no emotion at all off the bench. I don’t know what Garland did, but obviously he’s not going to fight Kassian. I like, liked? Garland? I wanted to hold onto him, but I don’t necessarily think I’d want him back. Good guy, try’s hard, just don’t want him back, I guess.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Best SV% (min 2 games played :D)

Screenshot_20230317-060845.png

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Actual quote from Tocchet postgame

But still you know um you know just like I said uh it’s hard to uh describe this game and like I said I uh just didn’t feel like we were really into it.

Tourigny isn’t even English and can string together a more coherent sentence.
With Tourigny there’s a language barrier. With Tocchet there’s a brain barrier.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
fellas, the team has been playing well with this as a defense

Moser/Nemeth
Valimaki/Kesselring
Mackie/Soderstrom

just let that sink in...that has got to be the worst defense on paper on the entire league and we're what the 9th best team since the break...kudos to the entire coaching staff.
Maybe the worst of the last decade.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm not even sure Boudreau is an amazing coach, but he's for sure a competent NHL coach. Tocchet is ......... Tocchet.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Moser/Nemeth
Valimaki/Kesselring
Mackie/Soderstrom

just let that sink in...that has got to be the worst defense on paper in the entire league and we're what the 9th best team since the break...kudos to the entire coaching staff.
Even funnier tocchet comes in on an absolute tear at 7-2-0 and loses to that defense, thus looking to us like his old self.

How many 7-2 runs did we even go on in during his 4 years here?

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Good game. Crowd was good too. They must have turned down the volume in the arena, I remember it being about 10 decibels too loud last time.

GMBA was in eye sight of where we sat and he was jazzed! Every decent hit or goal id peek up and he’d be standing clapping ect.

F the tank, this team for some reason is too good for last place I guess.

Kassian bullied Garland for something. When Kassian came back from being tossed at the next face after the misconduct he told Garland he’d f***ing kill him if he did it again, whatever it was that he did.

Onto the next!
Garland might have commented on Kassians fantastic speed skating skills.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Checking in on Tocchet’s post-game presser, he called the Canucks effort tonight “sleepy”, when asked why that would be, he saaaaaiiiiid:

*pause*

“Idk”
sounds about right. Analytical. Deep. Thought provoking.

Moser/Nemeth
Valimaki/Kesselring
Mackie/Soderstrom

just let that sink in...that has got to be the worst defense on paper in the entire league and we're what the 9th best team since the break...kudos to the entire coaching staff.
it is hard to believe

Reactions: Matias Maccete

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Some of you fans posting here have been sticking with the yotes through a pretty mucky stretch. I’m happy for you as this recent stretch by the yotes is fun. Here’s to more yotes success over the next several years.:nod:

Reactions: Jakey53

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Or his spray painted helmet. Anyone else notice his helmet is spray painted in the Arizona red's? hes the only one.
He and Boyd both have that weird finish on the helmet! I was wondering what that’s all about but of course Kassian would have that goin on.

Reactions: SR

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Or his spray painted helmet. Anyone else notice his helmet is spray painted in the Arizona red's? hes the only one.
Maybe he's got a gargantuan cranium to haul about and the usual helmets don't fit.

If he reads this he'll probably be crying himself to sleep on his huge pilla.

Reactions: Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad