Post-Game Talk: GAME 69 - The streak ends :( - Pittsburgh 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
1] The MG hit was not malicious. It happened. Sh*t happens. The Bruins of the Cassidy era have been (by Boston standards) unusually susceptible to injury. Why, I don't know.

2] The Bruins needed to lose. Winning over a long period of time covers a multitude of sins and dulls the edge. I realize how this sounds. But good teams, even great ones, need to lose on occasion to regain focus.

More helpful still, they lost to an excellent club that can match them, and beat them in a series. A measuring stick, point of pride, and motivation going forward.

Not a sprint in March. A grueling business all the way through.
Pittsburgh didn’t overly impress me . If the Bruins are healthy I don’t think their defence can handle the relentless pressure that they will face . I would love to see a Boston - Pittsburgh semifinal .

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Again, I know this places me in the minority, but even with elite teams, losing is part of winning. Not an extended losing streak, just enough to keep your feet on the ground, your eyes open, and your wits about you.

Barring a major collapse, the Bruins will make the playoffs. I retain doubt as to how deep they will advance. I'm okay with the loss, because Cassidy will use it, as will the Bruins' veterans.

BTW Must credit Cassidy for keeping the Bruins afloat midst myriad injuries last year, and this season, too. Many times I've felt, exasperated, "Pick a line and go with it!"

He hasn't had that luxury, because of injury but more significantly, because of management's inability to provide legitimate 2nd/3rd line help from last summer to this point. Cassidy has been impressive.

BTW II: I'm hard on Sweeney. And Neely. Not least because I respected them so much as players. Some here interpret this as animus, or a longing for Chia & Claude.

"I just want what's best fo my Bruins." ;-\

I just like that you used the word "animus." Not often one requires a thesaurus, but it's good when it happens.

Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Again, I know this places me in the minority, but even with elite teams, losing is part of winning. Not an extended losing streak, just enough to keep your feet on the ground, your eyes open, and your wits about you.

Barring a major collapse, the Bruins will make the playoffs. I retain doubt as to how deep they will advance. I'm okay with the loss, because Cassidy will use it, as will the Bruins' veterans.

BTW Must credit Cassidy for keeping the Bruins afloat midst myriad injuries last year, and this season, too. Many times I've felt, exasperated, "Pick a line and go with it!"

He hasn't had that luxury, because of injury but more significantly, because of management's inability to provide legitimate 2nd/3rd line help from last summer to this point. Cassidy has been impressive.

BTW II: I'm hard on Sweeney. And Neely. Not least because I respected them so much as players. Some here interpret this as animus, or a longing for Chia & Claude.

"I just want what's best fo my Bruins." ;-\

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!:thumbu::handclap::yo:

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Really? Curling?

Is it 1976 and am I stuck in the Detroit area watching it on Windsor's ch. #9?
Never understood curling. "It's a Canadian thing."

And don't send me to wikki to find out.
Surprisingly fun to play but killer on the hips. And other leg muscles. It's like shuffleboard but on a bigger, more slippery surface. :)

Reactions: GordonHowe

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I guess they were due a terrible game. They'll look better when half of the top-6 gets back.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I just like that you used the word "animus." Not often one requires a thesaurus, but it's good when it happens.

I like words. Get a dictionary, thesaurus, and an encyclopedia. It's a wild ride.

Also, on a serious note, those of you who enjoy food & wish knowledge of same, check

The Food Lover's Companion,

The Food Lover's Companion / Edition 3

An approachable & informative guide to all the foods (and drink) you enjoy.

(No, I don't work for Amazon. I used to. But, no.)

Reactions: BMC

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
To go nearly a fourth of the season without losing in regulation is something really special. This roster is a phenomenal mix of young guns trying to make a name for themselves and veterans who are hungry for more. They've turned themselves from a bubble playoff team pretender into one of, if not the favorites. The past few months have been a treat to watch and I have a feeling the coming months will be even better. Hopefully they can stay healthy, the injury bug can hit them now as long as its over in a month. But we definitely have a lot to look forward to.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The fact that they actually got close to taking points out of this game (in which they had an overall exceptionally poor showing) is something else. Finding ways to win, even on the off times you play like shit, is a staple of good teams.

I agree with the sentiment that the loss is “good” in the long run. Winning all the time can’t be the reality.

Reactions: Trizz617 and Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad