Post-Game Talk: GAME 69 - The streak ends :( - Pittsburgh 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
awesome run - sloppy game that was bound to happen. Came out very flat. Stempniak didn't clear on the first goal when he had a chance, Marchand made a blind pass to Krecji at the blueline on the second and he was swarmed, and then lord knows what Chara was thinking trying to catch up as the 3'rd man in when they were short handed.

didn't see much out of Stempniak - tough on him to play back to backs in his first 2 games. Columbus x 2 and the Peg are going to be tough this week with a depleted lineup.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Well, they were going to lose in regulation at some point. I guess it's good to get it otu of the way now.

Whether he intended to hurt Gryz or not, I hate Hornqvist.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Great run by this banged up team. Hard to believe they are missing so many players with how well they have been playing. Not concerned about this team at all

Only thing we have to worry about is the injury bug. Looks like we dodged bullets with Johansson and Gryz, and Pasta and DeBrusk will have plenty of time to fully heal, no need to rush them back in. Even with half of our top 6 out we're still a really tough team to beat.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Well, they were going to lose in regulation at some point. I guess it's good to get it otu of the way now.

Whether he intended to hurt Gryz or not, I hate Hornqvist.

Hard to stomach...especially against the annoying pens

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Have no issues with last night. Couldve been what the doctor ordered as well. The boys can now clean up some things and start fresh and anew. The main objective should be staying healthy and playing solidly anyhow. The streak was just a bonus.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
It wasn't just Z. Marchand made a brutal blue-line pass that led to a breakaway goal, Carlo looked exhausted, Krug made several bad passes, etc., etc. Of the forwards, one of the best was Nordstrom. The team was due for a collective letdown, and had it.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It wasn't just Z. Marchand made a brutal blue-line pass that led to a breakaway goal, Carlo looked exhausted, Krug made several bad passes, etc., etc. Of the forwards, one of the best was Nordstrom. The team was due for a collective letdown, and had it.

I agree, most of the team just looked ragged out there. The execution was off most of the night, except for about the first half of the second period. Even with that, Murray had to be really good last night. I don't care for the Pens or losing to them, but it had to happen sooner or later. Every team because they are made up of human beings will have nights like that. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm still pissed they called that trip on Carlo that gave them the PP they went up 3-1 on. And let go a blatant trip when Heinen(?) was coming through center and got taken down. I'm a ref, so I know you don't see everything, but he was carrying the damn puck! So inconsistent.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm still pissed they called that trip on Carlo that gave them the PP they went up 3-1 on. And let go a blatant trip when Heinen(?) was coming through center and got taken down. I'm a ref, so I know you don't see everything, but he was carrying the damn puck! So inconsistent.

Officiating was pretty bad. Heinen also took a stick to the face as they scored a pp goal and nothing came of it. Which is excusable sometimes, but the puck was right there and it was in front of the net...

Bruins just didnt have it though. They put up a decent fight all things considered.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
He should figure it out on his own

Nordstrom and Stempniak as Krejci wingers?

what kind of special is he smokin
When I look at the small picture sometimes I shake my head at the moves Cassidy does, then I take a moment and look at the big picture and it makes total sense. If you take into account the whole game you will notice Krejci played nearly 20 minutes while Nords barely broke 10 minutes and Stemp didn’t break 8 minutes. Now does that sound like numbers that would show Cassidy didn’t make in game adjustments?

Jamie Rodgers

Feb 7, 2019
Not sure if this is the place to put it but this is where it's going...

First the team was lucky on many nights and this streak could of ended a long time ago. Only have to look back to the Ottawa game to see how bad habits have worked there way into the way the team was playing.

Now people are going to say we are missing 50% of our top lines and that may be so and this is where I have my concerns.

Always here about the deep prospect pool the Bruins have...but we don't have anyone that can come up and play and fill in for a few games, they have to rely on a guy who is 36 years old...

This team relies on players playing above what they are capable of playing. 4th line guy on any other team but the Bruins have them on the 2nd line....wow

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not sure if this is the place to put it but this is where it's going...

First the team was lucky on many nights and this streak could of ended a long time ago. Only have to look back to the Ottawa game to see how bad habits have worked there way into the way the team was playing.

Now people are going to say we are missing 50% of our top lines and that may be so and this is where I have my concerns.

Always here about the deep prospect pool the Bruins have...but we don't have anyone that can come up and play and fill in for a few games, they have to rely on a guy who is 36 years old...

This team relies on players playing above what they are capable of playing. 4th line guy on any other team but the Bruins have them on the 2nd line....wow

While I understand a few of your points, Stempniak likely gets the call out of respect and only due to the fact so many were/are missing up front and IMO, there likely aren`t many, if any NHL teams out there who have such a deep prospect pool that a simple call down to their affiliate has them finding prospects who can seamlessly slide into a top 6 role and not miss a beat.

That deep pool of prospects does NOT just speak to what is in Providence, it`s also referring to the Studsy`s, Lauko, Steen, Shen etc...

Yep, during a 19 game point streak, there is rarely a team who a) gets to experience that and b) does so without getting lucky at times, winning games they should have lost etc....

how about ya just enjoy what you saw for the last month and a half:thumbu:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
3rd game in 4 nights, on the road, against one of the hotter teams in the league, playing without Pasta, DeBrusk, Miller, etc., down to 5 D for most of the game........and it was a one goal game with a minute to go. No shame in that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
3rd game in 4 nights, on the road, against one of the hotter teams in the league, playing without Pasta, DeBrusk, Miller, etc., down to 5 D for most of the game........and it was a one goal game with a minute to go. No shame in that.

Thought they were the better team for most of the game too. That first period was just so terrible it cost them. Didn’t help that Murray stood on his head either

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thought they were the better team for most of the game too. That first period was just so terrible it cost them. Didn’t help that Murray stood on his head either

I only got to see the first period then the last 5-6 minutes as I had to head out, that 1st might be the worst period of hockey I`ve seen from the team in a long time.

Nonetheless, terrific streak

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
One of those games where not much goes right.

Lots of bouncing pucks affecting stick handling and passing. Players falling all over the place. Bad ice?

The Penguins capitalized on all our mistakes. On the road, back up goalie, playing 5 d, missing 3 top 6 forwards, 3 games in 4 nights, back to back games with travel against a hungry team fighting for a spot. That’s as much of a scheduled loss as they come, and they still were within one goal in the final minute.

Take the day off, rest up and get ready for Tuesday night. Hopefully Tampa beats the leafs in regulation tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad