Post-Game Talk: Game #69 Nashville Predators @ Vancouver Canucks 3/12/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
And you know this how???? Is that just like the stretch we just completed where we played the Hawks, Blues and Stars back to back to back- and won all 3???

Again, your posts make zero sense, but I am out on this discussion- agree to disagree.

Playing the best team in the league on the 2nd night of B2B's. If we can't beat a measly Calgary in a similar situation, I don't see us getting out of that game with a point.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
And if anyone wants to feel better about our chances, just take a look at Colorado's remaining schedule. It is absolutely brutal.

I'm not too worried about making the playoffs, more that I'd rather see us entering them as the team we've seen over the last month than reverting to first half of season form. Two losses (if we don't come back tonight) doesn't dispel the prior streak, but also doesn't inspire a ton of confidence when factoring the competition.

Hopefully they come out and dominate the third and give nothing to worry about.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I will try to make this a little easier to understand for all of you who think we will be "lucky to make the playoffs"

I will go ahead and assume a loss in tonight's game just for argument's sake. That will make the standings:

Preds 13 81
Avs 12 74

7 point lead WITH a game in hand.

If we go just 6-7 in the final 13 games, the Avs will have to go 9-2-1 to tie us in the standings.

If we go 7-6 in the final 13 games, the Avs will have to go 10-1-1 to tie us in the standings.

Take a look at the Avs schedule- there is ZERO chance of them going 10-1-1 and almost no chance of 9-2-1.

Heck, even if we completely tank and finish 5-8, they STILL have to 8-3-1 just to tie us, and even that is a longshot for them. And even better, the Avs and Wild play each other, so one of them is guaranteed another loss.

Still think we will be "lucky to make the playoffs"??????

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm not too worried about making the playoffs, more that I'd rather see us entering them as the team we've seen over the last month than reverting to first half of season form. Two losses (if we don't come back tonight) doesn't dispel the prior streak, but also doesn't inspire a ton of confidence when factoring the competition.

Hopefully they come out and dominate the third and give nothing to worry about.

I hear you, but even if we lose this game we have points in 14 out of 15 games. We aren't going 13-0-0 the rest of the way. And we have proven over the past 2 months that we can hang with and beat the big boys- one loss against a non playoff team is nothing to get too worked up about . There is no such thing as an easy, guaranteed win in this league.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I never complain about the refs, but that is the worst 4 min high sticking I've ever seen

EDIT: It wasn't a dive; Hamhuis lifted Ribeiro's stick right into his face
EDIT2: Was it 4 mins? I'm at a bar

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
This team SUCKS. Not because they finally actually lose a game, but because they can't beat two teams that have mailed it in.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Hopefully they learn from the last two games that they need to get a better first period start. Poor first period starts is what cost us these last two games. Oh well time to move on.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Sucks, but the team has played very well for a very long time. Yes, CGY was terrible; still took a point. We had to lose in regulation at some point and tonight was the night. I will never ever blame a game on the refs, but I will say we certainly did not get any zebra help tonight. On to the next; go Perds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad