Post-Game Talk: Game #69 Nashville Predators @ Vancouver Canucks 3/12/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Go root for another team then if you're so discouraged by their play.

I'm discouraged by them not even showing up for the first 20 minutes in two consecutive games, and the same result. Being down 2-0 after 1 and a 3-2 loss.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
This team SUCKS. Not because they finally actually lose a game, but because they can't beat two teams that have mailed it in.

Good teams have bad games and the opposite is true. First, VAN is not EDM; they are a capable team. Second, they played a pretty decent game for the first 30 or so then hung on to the end. I always read our GDT and the opponents' one during games; most VAN fans were pretty happy with the effort tonight (at least the non-tank crew).

Not dismissing you out of hand; I would have chalked these up as Ws looking at the schedule. That said, I am willing to cut the team some slack on a Western CA roadtrip.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
On the bright side we are playing the Oilers next :). Now if we lose that game then the thread might implode or at least be doom and gloom.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If the team would actually show up and play, I wouldn't have a problem

Man, you make Byrd look like a sunshine pumper. So basically we have to play great and win every game for you to be satisfied, is that about it??

We have 1 regulation loss in 15 games for crying out loud.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Man, you make Byrd look like a sunshine pumper. So basically we have to play great and win every game for you to be satisfied, is that about it??

We have 1 regulation loss in 15 games for crying out loud.

No, just concerned that we are closing the year out and have the beginning looks of a slump. Not what we want. If you look back to where we weren't so great, when everyone was taking a dump on Rinne, I was one of the few who was not doom and gloom.

And as long as they put the effort in, I don't mind the end result. But that first period tonight and at Calgary, and really even at Winnipeg (outside that last minute) was just junk and no real effort.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I hate Vancouver. Sedins are a bunch of wannabe tough guys against Salomaki or arvidsson but hide when weber comes around. That franchise deserves every bad thing that happens to it.

And these refs can suck it.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Preds drop down to 7th place w/ San Jose winning their game tonight against Washington.

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
why you people always jump on someone for stating their opinion? even if it's negative all the time. it's a message board. don't reply if it bothers you so bad. bunch of whiny babies

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Wasn't able to catch this one. Saw the fight between Forsberg and Virtanen though. Appreciate the enthusiasm but should've let someone else handle that one. Virtanen isn't worth the 5 mins in the box.

Watch the highlights. Am pretty pissed off about the loss because it is my second most hated team, but whatever. **** Burrows and Vancouver. On to Edmonton.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If the team would actually show up and play, I wouldn't have a problem
23 of a possible 28 points over the last month and we have a problem "showing up"? Since January 20th we're the second best team in the league. Better go be a Ducks fan I guess.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
No, just concerned that we are closing the year out and have the beginning looks of a slump. Not what we want. If you look back to where we weren't so great, when everyone was taking a dump on Rinne, I was one of the few who was not doom and gloom.

And as long as they put the effort in, I don't mind the end result. But that first period tonight and at Calgary, and really even at Winnipeg (outside that last minute) was just junk and no real effort.

This point streak got everyone excited and said that we can catch the top 3. You have to look at streaks with some perspective. The streak was going to end We have solidified a playoff spot barring a total collapse. Western Canada road trips are rough on the eastern half teams going out there and they are especially tough at the end of the season. That is why if your not in a playoff race these Western Canada games take it out of a team and non playoff teams are packing it in . We all think going into the playoffs you have to be on a up tick...not really ...it don't hurt ..but not an end to all end...remember last year. That doesn't excuse the poor play like you say. But we have to survive this road trip for one more game. So far out a possible 10 points we have 5 and could have 7 which is very good. Then the schedule turns kinda into our favor 8 of the next 12 are @home So kiss the dog and kick the wife or kiss the wife and kick the dog hockey can take a toll on us as Betty Davis as Margo Channing in All About Eve said " Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride ..excuse the liberties!

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I think some of the problem with the Day Oners is that they expect the team to lose and overreact to imaginary trends that reinforce their expectations. They have a loser mentality and outlook when it comes to the team. if it was the same exact team and same exact coaching staff, if would make sense. But anyone calling this team's record over the past month anything (beginning of a slump or a march out of the wildcard spot) is an opinion rooted in wishes and not logic.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
23 of a possible 28 points over the last month and we have a problem "showing up"? Since January 20th we're the second best team in the league. Better go be a Ducks fan I guess.

The issue showing up is at the start of the game. For some reason it is taking this team 20 minutes to realize they are even playing a hockey game. By that time they are already playing from behind. It has been this way over the last few games. The players know it, Sissons said it to Lyndsey on tv after the game, Josi even commented on the effort post game to Vingan.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Preds drop down to 7th place w/ San Jose winning their game tonight against Washington.

Which is totally irrelevant. Conference standings have no bearing on playoff standing. San Jose will be in the top 3 of the Pacific.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
why you people always jump on someone for stating their opinion? even if it's negative all the time. it's a message board. don't reply if it bothers you so bad. bunch of whiny babies

Because it is a message board and back and forth on opinions are the very definition of it. It would be useless if it was just people making independent statements without any commenting on them.

And for the record, I have no problem with "negative" comments or opinions. I make plenty of them. But when people make statements like "we will be lucky to make the playoffs" (that is completely incorrect- see my post explaining why) after one bad period of play in the middle of a franchise record hot streak, you better believe I will comment on it.

And by the way- isn't your complaining about the people complaining about the negative posters the very same thing you are complaining about?? Doesn't that make you a whiny baby, too???

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
You hate to have any excuses, especially after the team was so bad in the first period ....

But they were on fire after that.

The refs really really played a major role in this game. They literally gave 4-5 powerplays to the Canucks that should have not occurred, and at times, could have been reversed. The Ribiero 4 minute minor, the Ellis penalty, Virtanen getting away with killing Ribiero .... Just egregious mistakes.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
You hate to have any excuses, especially after the team was so bad in the first period ....

But they were on fire after that.

The refs really really played a major role in this game. They literally gave 4-5 powerplays to the Canucks that should have not occurred, and at times, could have been reversed. The Ribiero 4 minute minor, the Ellis penalty, Virtanen getting away with killing Ribiero .... Just egregious mistakes.
Yeah, it really does suck to say these kinds of things but sometimes they aren't excuses, they're facts. The refs had a horrible game. I can start to kind of excuse the high sticking call if I'm being generous because there's a lot going on and sticks get mixed up all the time, etc, but I'm shocked Virtanen got away with the Ribeiro hit. Especially in today's NHL. If someone showed me the hit and told me to guess what the outcome of that was I'd say a major at the least.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The Preds remain in 7th place. Conference standings no longer matter. It's all about the division standings.

When did that change? Guess I was mistaken then as I thought conference standings were still good.

Last edited:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Because it is a message board and back and forth on opinions are the very definition of it. It would be useless if it was just people making independent statements without any commenting on them.

And for the record, I have no problem with "negative" comments or opinions. I make plenty of them. But when people make statements like "we will be lucky to make the playoffs" (that is completely incorrect- see my post explaining why) after one bad period of play in the middle of a franchise record hot streak, you better believe I will comment on it.

And by the way- isn't your complaining about the people complaining about the negative posters the very same thing you are complaining about??

If I could give you a gold star sticker for this post I would. Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I had adverse feelings towards you in any fashion; I just feel differently and try to substantiate my sentiments as best as I can. For example, 101st has a lot of critiques in his comments generally, but I appreciate his vantage point as he usually leverages some good evidence to make his points. I tend to be more positive; we're just different people. It's why I find reading HFBoards interesting generally (that and the photoshop thread...and terribad trade proposals).

When did that change? Guess I was mistaken then as I thought conference standings were still good.

Changed when divisional realignment happened. Top 3 in each division are guaranteed to be in the playoffs; the two wild cards are then determined by points received of the remaining teams in each conference. The #1 overall seed in each conference (determined by points) plays WC#2; the other division winner plays WC#1. This is why we are likely going to be playing the Pacific division winner barring a really, really crazy ending to the season.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
If I could give you a gold star sticker for this post I would. Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I had adverse feelings towards you in any fashion; I just feel differently and try to substantiate my sentiments as best as I can. For example, 101st has a lot of critiques in his comments generally, but I appreciate his vantage point as he usually leverages some good evidence to make his points. I tend to be more positive; we're just different people. It's why I find reading HFBoards interesting generally (that and the photoshop thread...and terribad trade proposals).

Changed when divisional realignment happened. Top 3 in each division are guaranteed to be in the playoffs; the two wild cards are then determined by points received of the remaining teams in each conference. The #1 overall seed in each conference (determined by points) plays WC#2; the other division winner plays WC#1. This is why we are likely going to be playing the Pacific division winner barring a really, really crazy ending to the season.

Oh okay. I just read the rules on another website. Kind of confusing rules but I got it figured out.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, I'm disappointed. I really thought they were playing well enough late in the third to grab a point. After Jarnkrok's save I thought maybe we were going to luck out and score. But lessons must be learned. The first period was bad--we were lucky they weren't ahead by more--and letting in that goal right after we scored in the second was a back breaker. FOCUS was off. This "let two goals happen in x seconds" stuff has to end...although SCORING 2 goals in the same time period, well that's okay.

I had a bad feeling about this road trip. I have learned that I can not expect what happened "the last time" to happen "this time" in hockey--ever. The team had better be prepared to face an injured snake whenever they take the ice. Believing your own hype? You can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad