Post-Game Talk: Game 68: Preds vs. Blues | 7:00 PM CST | FOX Sports TN | Back at the Stone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
They beat the crap out of our D last night. Several were borderline hits - Backes charged Jones in the 1st with no call (course, seems he ran Peks last time they were here, too, and got no call - and he also didn't have to answer for it) - the boarding/charge that Moron got was dangerous play and should have gotten him a game. Reeves is a big boy and throws hie body around - too bad he's cheap so often - elbow to Fish's head in the first, multiple elbows to Ellis. Won't even go into Jackoffman, he's been a clown for so long it just shows how much of a joke the NHL is when they say they cracking down on that stuff.

This is gonna' be a problem without Klein against bigger forwards, cause we only got Webs and Eckholm to hold up to the punishment, and we paid for it last night. MDZ and Ellis always run a little bit leary, but Jones was looking over his shoulder every bloody shift. Teams have definitely figured that out with Jones - hit him a couple times and his game gets real conservative and hesitant right now.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Are people really suggesting we have some huge attendance problem based on the Blues/Blackhawks fans invading our arena on Saturday games??

Look, it SUCKS when opposing fans have that many in the building-I get it- I hate it with a passion. It is embarrassing. But its not a surprise- I knew it was going to happen- its the perfect storm- we are in a down period at the same time the Blues (and Blackhawks) are at an all time high.

And do you think we are the only team this happens to? Watch almost any Blackhawks road game on a Saturday night. Their bandwagon hopping fans take over about 20 opposing building without fail...

But please, we do not have attendance issues- at least for now- (if we continue to field mediocre teams, that will change eventually). But we are still filling the building on a regular basis, and we don't need opposing fans to do it.

As Trotz said, its all about winning- those Blues/Blackhawks fans were nowhere to be found when we were the better team. In 2011-12 season when we were near the top of the league, did the Blues fans take over our building then?? NO.

And about the Blues- yes, they have a group of diehard fans who are willing to make the trip to Nashville (and are in my opinion, now the most obnoxious opposing fans in the entire league).

But as was posted earlier, their home attendance is pretty disappointing considering they have the best team in the league- they are at 87% capacity, LESS than the Predators. I know they have a bigger building, but still.....

Let me ask you this- if we had the Blues exact team and record here, what do you think our attendance would be??? No way we would be at 87% capacity- and I 100% guarantee you we would be averaging more than the Blues 16,700...

People need to stop overreacting- I know its frustrating but it has to be pointed out how young we are as a franchise- VERY YOUNG- the Blues have been around forever, more than 30 years longer than us....

Anyway, just wanted to offer a little perspective, flame suit on.....

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
We do not have any attendance issues right now. Road trips are a blast so I expect weekend away visitors. I've been to StLouis on a Preds trip and got drunk and watched a win and had a blast a few years ago too. As soon as the tides turn again, lots of those travelers will avoid us again. Blues have a very questionable home fan base and they were making incredible deals to get fans in the building just 2 years ago, iirc.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Are people really suggesting we have some huge attendance problem based on the Blues/Blackhawks fans invading our arena on Saturday games??

Look, it SUCKS when opposing fans have that many in the building-I get it- I hate it with a passion. It is embarrassing. But its not a surprise- I knew it was going to happen- its the perfect storm- we are in a down period at the same time the Blues (and Blackhawks) are at an all time high.

And do you think we are the only team this happens to? Watch almost any Blackhawks road game on a Saturday night. Their bandwagon hopping fans take over about 20 opposing building without fail...

But please, we do not have attendance issues- at least for now- (if we continue to field mediocre teams, that will change eventually). But we are still filling the building on a regular basis, and we don't need opposing fans to do it.

As Trotz said, its all about winning- those Blues/Blackhawks fans were nowhere to be found when we were the better team. In 2011-12 season when we were near the top of the league, did the Blues fans take over our building then?? NO.

And about the Blues- yes, they have a group of diehard fans who are willing to make the trip to Nashville (and are in my opinion, now the most obnoxious opposing fans in the entire league).

But as was posted earlier, their home attendance is pretty disappointing considering they have the best team in the league- they are at 87% capacity, LESS than the Predators. I know they have a bigger building, but still.....

Let me ask you this- if we had the Blues exact team and record here, what do you think our attendance would be??? No way we would be at 87% capacity- and I 100% guarantee you we would be averaging more than the Blues 16,700...

People need to stop overreacting- I know its frustrating but it has to be pointed out how young we are as a franchise- VERY YOUNG- the Blues have been around forever, more than 30 years longer than us....

I didn't say we don't have a full arena. Someone or group is buying the tickets. My point is that the team is awful... For the 2nd year straight. As a result Bridgestone Arena is a playground for Blues and Hawks fans. Two years ago we had a top 5 team in the league. Now we're in the bottom 10 and I don't think Poile can turn things around. Having tons of fans from other teams taking over Nashville is just a confirmation that the Predators are FAR from the standard we have grown accustomed to. It's time for a change.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Sorry if some obnoxious fans gave anybody here a hard time. I've met plenty of good and bad fans from plenty of teams and do my best not to attach labels to entire fanbases. But when it's in your building, it's a lot harder to stay objective.

As for attendance, check out the Blues' numbers the last couple of seasons. They finally made the playoffs again and ticket prices were dirt cheap - tons of deals. Now, with a new owner and spending a lot more on the team, ticket prices are much higher. They're deliberately trying to strike a balance that nets them the most money instead of the most butts in seats.
Until the Blues have more success in the playoffs, a lot of fans will continue to feel forced to decide if their disposable income goes to regular season tickets for the Blues or the Cardinals.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
Totz 2 cents:

"Any time a team is doing well in this league, you travel well. When the Blues weren’t doing so good you never saw any blue shirts out there. They’re the top team in the NHL, and they’re proud of what they’ve built up to this point,†said Predators head coach Barry Trotz. “It’s no different than the Blackhawks. I never saw any Blackhawks jerseys before, but then they build a good team and everybody wears their jerseys. That’s how pro sports work.†-Trotz quote to media.

So by this logic ...Is he admitting we aren't doing well

TimtheDJ84*

Well,if you'd like to know why,it's simple. This has been the worst winter in some time and I believe the most ice/snow accumulation in St.Louis' history. Mizzou suffered from low attendance as well. The storms were hitting every weekend for months, when the Blues really hit stride. Now that it's mostly past us,did just get ice today, you will absolutely see that building full.

la flama blanca

Mar 14, 2012
Last nights game was the first game I have been to as a day one STH that I actually was concerned about my safety leaving the arena, with have to run essentiality a gauntlet to leave the arena, with Blues fans creating a very hostile vibe. Worst Preds game experience ever. I will take the Hawks fans over the blues every time, even with their inane song.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Compared to the excuses for fans that typically wear Blues laundry to road games ... yes. I've encountered intelligent fans from every fan base. I've also dealt with pre-evolutionary pseudo-humanoids and the Blues always had more than their fair share of those.

Last edited by a moderator:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Well,if you'd like to know why,it's simple. This has been the worst winter in some time and I believe the most ice/snow accumulation in St.Louis' history. Mizzou suffered from low attendance as well. The storms were hitting every weekend for months, when the Blues really hit stride. Now that it's mostly past us,did just get ice today, you will absolutely see that building full.
By the time Scottrade gets filled, the Blues will be in the middle of their traditional post season choke. It's telling when the franchise's best chances date back to when Terry Crisp was a player.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I had no problem with the tons of blues fans. of course I wasn't a psycho mouthing off to them and congratulated them on a good season and talked to them rather than be offended they were in our barn.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
I had no problem with the tons of blues fans. of course I wasn't a psycho mouthing off to them and congratulated them on a good season and talked to them rather than be offended they were in our barn.

My only issue was with the Anthem antics. But, they were there to show support and had a reason to be happy. Hopefully they spent a lot. Somebody's got to pay Weber's salary. :D

One on one, the Columbus fans I was around were more obnoxious.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
One outcome from last night:
"St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Tarasenko will have surgery after injuring his right hand Saturday during a 4-1 win against the Nashville Predators, the team announced Sunday."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=709728

Anybody see the possible hit/fall/etc?

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Last nights game was the first game I have been to as a day one STH that I actually was concerned about my safety leaving the arena, with have to run essentiality a gauntlet to leave the arena, with Blues fans creating a very hostile vibe. Worst Preds game experience ever. I will take the Hawks fans over the blues every time, even with their inane song.

Wow, that is saying something. To many, we weren't sure if it could get any worse than bandwagon Hawks fan, but I see where you're coming from, there are always that annoying bunch that seem to ruin it for other fan bases, those are no fun to deal with.

Forsbergforloop

May 30, 2008
Oahu
One outcome from last night:
"St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Tarasenko will have surgery after injuring his right hand Saturday during a 4-1 win against the Nashville Predators, the team announced Sunday."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=709728

Anybody see the possible hit/fall/etc?

I remember seeing Terasenko hurt near the end, so I went back and tried to find it. It looked like Stahlberg rode him awkwardly into the boards in the last 15 seconds of the game.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I don't mouth off to people, and try to respect them. And have gone to a lot of other arenas and talked to fans.
But if that drunk with the vuvzella had blown it my ear in the concourse as he did to another predator fan, I would have ripped it off him and hit him in the face with it.
I'm with the person who was scared in their own town and arena. It seemed as if there were additional police in the arena, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
Frankly, as a woman, the Preds games are increasingly drunk and hostile. The culture has changed in Nashville and not for the better.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't mouth off to people, and try to respect them. And have gone to a lot of other arenas and talked to fans.
But if that drunk with the vuvzella had blown it my ear in the concourse as he did to another predator fan, I would have ripped it off him and hit him in the face with it.
I'm with the person who was scared in their own town and arena. It seemed as if there were additional police in the arena, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
Frankly, as a woman, the Preds games are increasingly drunk and hostile. The culture has changed in Nashville and not for the better.

All of this is why we left with 5 minutes to go. It gave us enough time to get out before the chaos began.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013
Trotz is 100% on point above. Doesn't take away that our fans aren't buying up those seats. It was almost entire sections in the upper bowl.

Another point, we've never done that in another arena

I kind of disagree with him. It's true they didn't come in HUGE numbers, but there was always a bus or 2 of them and they've ALWAYS been loud, disrespectful and obnoxious.

backesoff

Mar 14, 2014

This was my fifth trip to Nashville. This was the only time that Blues fans were this loud. DRW said it best, when the team is playing well, the opposing fans stay at a minimum. Look, we Blues fans know what it is like to have the Hawk fans invade our arena. It does suck. But I love coming to Nashville. I have been to games when the crowd at Bridgestone cheer during the last commercial break of the third period. Also, our coach said it best. The Preds have a work ethic that is near the top. When we went up 3-0, I actually told my brother that I was nervous. I know Nashville never gives up. We had a great pre-game meal at Jacks, and a great pre-game meal at Rock Bottom. If it make the Nashville fans feel better, the drive home sunday sucked due to the snow. :)

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I don't mind the fans coming; we're a great destination as a city and we have relatively cheap tix (that unfortunately, for whatever reason, our fanbase is willing to sell to them). It's the obnoxiousness; whether your standard drunken stupidity or vulgarity.

I have a very good friend - female - who shares the same views expressed above - as a female she no longer feels safe coming and bringing her daughter to games when we have the old Central Div rivals in on a Sat.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't mind the fans coming; we're a great destination as a city and we have relatively cheap tix (that unfortunately, for whatever reason, our fanbase is willing to sell to them). It's the obnoxiousness; whether your standard drunken stupidity or vulgarity.

I have a very good friend - female - who shares the same views expressed above - as a female she no longer feels safe coming and bringing her daughter to games when we have the old Central Div rivals in on a Sat.

I think it's more they don't want to experience the chaos and don't want to lose there money either so they list them.

la flama blanca

Mar 14, 2012

Yes there were more police on the concourse , more than I have ever seen post game, but like you said it didn't really help. I did see two policeman running towards the entrance near the escalators as the blues crowd was getting rowdier. It is just not somewhere I want to bring my family on the weekends against close rivals anymore, with this game and the fight where a guy was knocked out cold I saw at the past game near the post game TV area.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I think it's more they don't want to experience the chaos and don't want to lose there money either so they list them.
It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Blues/Hawks/Wings fans create such a disturbance that no one wants to go to those games and would rather sell their tickets, than deal with the insanity/danger of drunken guests. Maybe the team should limit or cancel beer sales when those teams play, and eject anyone that shows up inebriated before the game starts. I swore I would never attend another Wings games after my 1st and have never attended a Blues game because someone said they were worse than Wings fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad