Post-Game Talk: Game 68: Preds vs. Blues | 7:00 PM CST | FOX Sports TN | Back at the Stone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Nystrom with the goal. We have energy again. The odds of us winning still aren't great but at least they were playing better at the end of the 2nd.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Three wins in a row with Scooter behind the bench .... lost five of the last six (assuming no miracle tonight) with Lurch back there. I can't claim there is a causal relationship at work here ... but ....

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Blues are on a different level then the preds. With Miller they are one of the favorites to win the cup the way they are playing now.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Yeah I wasn't expecting the Preds to won tonight but I was hoping they would at least try to make a game of it. Instead just too many bad passes/turnovers and not being able to get the puck out of our end and keeping it in their end.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Three wins in a row with Scooter behind the bench .... lost five of the last six (assuming no miracle tonight) with Lurch back there. I can't claim there is a causal relationship at work here ... but ....

didn't notice that, but I'm not a lambert fan, never have been.

lot of people sold their tickets, don't blame them. I may do the same next year..

i'll root for whoever beats these dam blues in the playoffs.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
We need some guys that can bring the puck in as a line. This dump and chase method was very uneffective against this Blues team. The Blues were always positioned along each side the boards to break up this type of play.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
We need some guys that can bring the puck in as a line. This dump and chase method was very uneffective against this Blues team. The Blues were always positioned along each side the boards to break up this type of play.

Was ineffective, but we didn't have many options. Getting the early lead and knowing we were probably tired from the night before, Blues were content to sit across the entry zone and force us into trying to break them with the dump and chase.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

The Preds played dump and chase because they couldn't get into, much less through, the neutral zone with any speed or space. It's something EVERY team does when they can't get into or through neutral ice cleanly. The issues for the Preds started in their own end and that influenced what they could or could not do further up the ice.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I have confidence that they can choke away any post season based on over 40 years of past performances.

Blues fan saying you are correct. They are a good team, but they are going to need to prove their worth in the next few seasons when it matters. This is their window.

Hope you guys can make a run at 8th, but if not hope you can pick up a difference maker or both. Always had fun in Nashville when I went there.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I just think there are alot more teams that are more effective on bringing the puck in as a line than the Preds are but that just comes down to having more skilled offensive players and puck movers/handlers, which we don't really have much of.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I just think there are alot more teams that are more effective on bringing the puck in as a line than the Preds are but that just comes down to having more skilled offensive players and puck movers/handlers, which we don't really have much of.

There are a lot of factors to this besides just the Preds lacking offensive skill. Amount of time spent in our own zone, the strength of the Blues in the neutral zone/on the forecheck, etc... As a whole, we could have been better on that side of the puck, but I don't think it was our undoing tonight. We made some poor mistakes in our own end that the Blues managed to capitalize on, and Miller was also real solid. Granted, we're not going to win many games with 1 goal scored, but I think it goes beyond just "our offense sucks." Our PP...that did largely suck tonight.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
True. The Blues really played a well tight/pressured game and made it really difficult to do much as they didn't give us much space and kept us on our end of the ice most of the game and didn't really let us stay in their end of the ice for very long.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Butt whipping at it's finest at home to boot. Looked like from t.v. between periods and post game that the blues fans were showing some real class.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
On the bright side, this is our last game against the Blues this year.

Last edited:

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Jeez... must have been quite the caravan from St. Louis. I've never seen or heard a visiting contingent louder (other than Kings fans at Ducks games :) )

P.S. Shea Weber... grow a pair... seriously... in your own zone you are a NIGHTMARE.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yeah, he is no Rich Clune for sure.

If your goon can't fight what good is he?

Clune was fine tonight. Drew multiple penalties, including getting Berglund off for 4 minutes and was willing to drop the gloves with a guy he's giving 2-3 inches and 30 pounds to in an effort to wake the team up out of a flat beginning to the 2nd period.

I'd like to hope we're applying a slightly higher standard to Weber than to what is expected out of a run-of-the-mill 4th liner.

It's concerning that for how good our defense has been looking in terms of contributing to the offense, they still look like ass in our own zone.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The blues fans are almost as bad as the hawks fans at this point. Several let's go blues yelled during the national anthem sort of set the tone. I did remind several of them that they hadn't won a Cup yet. I hope they go home broke and hung over. :shakehead

On the plus side, the alumni game was fun and we did win that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad