Post-Game Talk: Game 68: Preds vs. Blues | 7:00 PM CST | FOX Sports TN | Back at the Stone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
The blues fans are almost as bad as the hawks fans at this point. Several let's go blues yelled during the national anthem sort of set the tone. I did remind several of them that they hadn't won a Cup yet. I hope they go home broke and hung over. :shakehead

On the plus side, the alumni game was fun and we did win that.

True that.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Clune was fine tonight. Drew multiple penalties, including getting Berglund off for 4 minutes and was willing to drop the gloves with a guy he's giving 2-3 inches and 30 pounds to in an effort to wake the team up out of a flat beginning to the 2nd period.

I'd like to hope we're applying a slightly higher standard to Weber than to what is expected out of a run-of-the-mill 4th liner.

It's concerning that for how good our defense has been looking in terms of contributing to the offense, they still look like ass in our own zone.

Was Weber on the ice for a single goal against?

Smh.....

I guess you guys need to blame someone.

Clune had the turn over that led to the first goal.

I'm sure that was Weber fault. If only he was physical like Suter....

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
I posted on the Blues GDT that I thought their yelling during the National Anthem was classless. They said it was their tradition.

Thought the alumni game was fun. Some good puck handling skills on display. Especially during the penalty shot.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Smh.....

I made no comment about Weber's performance in particular. I just don't understand what comparing him to Clune is supposed to achieve.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
I posted on the Blues GDT that I thought their yelling during the National Anthem was classless. They said it was their tradition.

Well, like us, they have yet to lift the Cup in St. Louis ... I guess you have to make up some sort of tradition and apparently yelling during the anthem seems to be a popular, albeit disrespectful, choice.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008

Smh.....

Not blaming Weber in the least ... however, he was weak in the D zone tonight.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
If I were an owner, I would be furious that two opposing fan bases come to Nashville and play home games. As a fan, I'm merely embarrassed about the Blues fans taking over the Bridge. As an owner, heads would roll.

Instead of trying to find ways to increase the cost of visiting fans ticket purchases, i.e. "Get the red out", try putting a team on ice that encourages Preds fans to fill our own barn.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If I were an owner, I would be furious that two opposing fan bases come to Nashville and play home games. As a fan, I'm merely embarrassed about the Blues fans taking over the Bridge. As an owner, heads would roll.

Instead of trying to find ways to increase the cost of visiting fans ticket purchases, i.e. "Get the red out", try putting a team on ice that encourages Preds fans to fill our own barn.

If I was an owner, I probably wouldn't care as long as the building was selling out one way or another.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
If I was an owner, I probably wouldn't care as long as the building was selling out one way or another.

Yep and i doubt the city minds either $...

It's funny the Blues and Hawks fans were not an issue until they started winning. You want to shut them up do what you did against the hawks earlier in the year and not look like you're an AHL team.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
Yep and i doubt the city minds either $...

It's funny the Blues and Hawks fans were not an issue until they started winning. You want to shut them up do what you did against the hawks earlier in the year and not look like you're an AHL team.

I was having similar thoughts throughout the game. The market is still new enough that the rabid fans are few and far between. But have to win to draw people in. Or giveaway stuff.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand

Thought the alumni game was fun. Some good puck handling skills on display. Especially during the penalty shot.

From what I have seen, they normally yell home of the blues at the end, not let's go blues between phrases. I suspect it was some drunks wanting to show off. :shakehead

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

St. Louis has never been mistaken as a bastion of civility and culture.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009

Except that the building selling out in the regular season to opposing fan bases means the team is so bad they won't make the playoffs. How much revenue will they lose by missing post season games.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Brutal game but I wasn't surprised; Blues are just a straight up better team by a substantial margin.

A bit disappointed in the Blues fan invasion, but they're competing for the President's Trophy right now which adds some bandwagoners and St. Louis is fairly close.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Except that the building selling out in the regular season to opposing fan bases means the team is so bad they won't make the playoffs. How much revenue will they lose by missing post season games.

The team hasn't been good by any means this season, but if the fans can't fill the building for a team that is still, albeit barely, in the playoff hunt, that's on them, not ownership. We're barely a season and a half removed from a second-round playoff exit, and really not quite bad enough for THAT much apathy yet.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Totz 2 cents:

"Any time a team is doing well in this league, you travel well. When the Blues weren’t doing so good you never saw any blue shirts out there. They’re the top team in the NHL, and they’re proud of what they’ve built up to this point,†said Predators head coach Barry Trotz. “It’s no different than the Blackhawks. I never saw any Blackhawks jerseys before, but then they build a good team and everybody wears their jerseys. That’s how pro sports work.†-Trotz quote to media.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Trotz is 100% on point above. Doesn't take away that our fans aren't buying up those seats. It was almost entire sections in the upper bowl.

Another point, we've never done that in another arena

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
You aren't a much of a hockey market when you are outnumbered in your own building.
7 years ago Preds fans invaded St. Louis on several occasions & Chicago too. Strange what winning does to increase your road attendance.

Also what is the explanation for the attendance when Chicago and St. Louis are not playing in Nashville? Let's look at the Blues' home attendance as compared to Nashville this season. Note that the Blues play in a much larger arena with 40+ years of history, competing for the best record in the league, and only average less than 200 more per game

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
19 St. Louis 33 552,222 16,734 87.4
20 Nashville 36 596,370 16,565 96.8

It is not like home attendance falls completely off the map like St. Louis and Chicago did 7 years ago.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2007

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I agree, winning does wonders for traveling fans and home fans selling their seats. It wasn't like this at the Bridge two years ago when we were winning on a regular basis. When you went to the arena expecting to see a win instead of hoping not to look too bad in an expected loss.

As it has been said, the best way to keep them out is win and be a contender.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
Let's look at the Blues' home attendance as compared to Nashville this season. Note that the Blues play in a much larger arena with 40+ years of history, competing for the best record in the league, and only average less than 200 more per game

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
19 St. Louis 33 552,222 16,734 87.4
20 Nashville 36 596,370 16,565 96.8

I have questions about these figures:
1) Are these attendance records from the gate or seats sold?
---We can make assumptions, but it does not specify how they came to the numbers that they're calling "attendance."
2) Assuming ESPN means bodies in seats, 16500 people attend on average. Good. For whom are they cheering? There were a lot of bodies in the Bridgestone last night. I'd say over half had a note on their chest.

utkpred

Mar 12, 2012
We're putting a really poor and boring product on the ice right now, who would want to go watch that? I went to the blues and blue jackets games and it was some of the most boring predators I've seen in some time.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I have questions about these figures:
1) Are these attendance records from the gate or seats sold?
---We can make assumptions, but it does not specify how they came to the numbers that they're calling "attendance."
2) Assuming ESPN means bodies in seats, 16500 people attend on average. Good. For whom are they cheering? There were a lot of bodies in the Bridgestone last night. I'd say over half had a note on their chest.
1) FYI: The Preds lease requires that they report their attendance as accurately as possible. I do not know where the ESPN numbers come from, but If the same standards are used for all teams then someone would have to say the numbers are legit.
2) I highly doubt 3 to 4 K people are coming from Edmonton, or Minnesota on a Tuesday night to fill out the Predators attendance numbers. People can guess at how many Blues' fans were there last night but 1/2 would put it into the 8,000 people range. More likely 4-5 K just more drunken and vocal.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I agree, winning does wonders for traveling fans and home fans selling their seats. It wasn't like this at the Bridge two years ago when we were winning on a regular basis. When you went to the arena expecting to see a win instead of hoping not to look too bad in an expected loss.

As it has been said, the best way to keep them out is win and be a contender.

That's why changes need to be made. I gave the team a pass last year because on injuries, short season, etc... This season, even with Rinne out, the offense has underperformed even by Predators standards. That falls on Poile and Trotz. They built this team based on grit and determination. It simply hasn't worked. The result is having visitors fill our arena and run us off with our tail between our legs. No big deal to Trotz. Fans travel well when their team is winning. The problem is our team is awful and Preds fans have responded by staying home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad