GDT: Game 68: Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 3/9/2019 | 7:00PM ET | FSD

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I glanced at it. Didn’t need to read it, because like I said, I’m familiar with him. I don’t think I’ve even argued his draft position.

Nobody predicted he would be this good. Maybe they thought he had the tools to be really, really good. Nobody could possibly be confident that he’d be a candidate for 40 goals and 130 assists. Don’t give me some BS about the scouting report. Nobody even begins to think in those terms anymore.

I can link you to more contemporaneous reports on him, people had him as top 5 talent wise in the 2011 draft. Every report, every scout surveyed all pointed to the Russian factor. People knew he had all the tools to be a top player. No one wanted to gamble a first round pick on him transitioning to the NHL. The KHL was barely 3 years old and it had a lot of money and a lot bravado that it would try to compete with the NHL for European, and especially Russian players. It caused many Russian players between 2008 and 2012/13 to fall in draft position. Once teams realized the KHL factor wasn't as major as it was teams stopped handicapping Russian picks. But, I remember this clearly, the Russian factor was a major concern, and its making a lot of teams look dumb now.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah, since Bowey has been here, he's been that much more brutal than everyone else...

View media item 4301
... oh wait.
How about this?
Small sample size but so are the stats you posted. Greener=more shots from that area compared to team average
upload_2019-3-9_20-37-12.png

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He's been here for THREE ****ING GAMES. Give me a ****ing break.

I'm not the one who did that, not sure if you have someone ignored...

The f*** are you on about. Comparing guys who were playing 20+ minutes against a guy who played 14 minutes isn't a fair comparison in general, but to post it for a 3 game sample to say he wasn't hot garbage is to live in the contextless stat world. Actually watching him, and not just pulling 3 games of stats out, he's not been good.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
How about this?
Small sample size but so are the stats you posted. Greener=more shots from that area compared to team average
View attachment 197611

Small sample size because...

... I mean, that's all there is?

The point is this: Saying Bowey sucks, is useless, and is worth sitting out is just as legitimate as saying the opposite.

The **** are you on about. Comparing guys who were playing 20+ minutes against a guy who played 14 minutes isn't a fair comparison in general, but to post it for a 3 game sample to say he wasn't hot garbage is to live in the contextless stat world. Actually watching him, and not just pulling 3 games of stats out, he's not been good.

See above. A 3-game sample is all there is, not sure why you're trying to argue.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

The point is this: Saying Bowey sucks, is useless, and is worth sitting out is just as legitimate as saying the opposite.

See above. A 3-game sample is all there is, not sure why you're trying to argue.

And all those games in Washington where he was also hot garbage.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Hold on, I'm sorry. I forgot all the ex-NHL GMs, head coaches, and players posting here are smarter than I am.

My apologies. I'll just defer to the greater minds here. My mistake.

Also: I've been drinking again. In Vino Veritas, and all that shit.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The **** are you on about. Comparing guys who were playing 20+ minutes against a guy who played 14 minutes isn't a fair comparison in general, but to post it for a 3 game sample to say he wasn't hot garbage is to live in the contextless stat world. Actually watching him, and not just pulling 3 games of stats out, he's not been good.

Will you calm down? Everything always turns into such a hateful debate when people don’t agree with you.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

I don't know if Bowey is good or not. My stats are as useless as your stats.
Bowey is sitting because Blashil wants to play Witkowski against Tampa because our games are chippy and he used to play for Tampa. Bowey will be back in the lineup. It's no big deal.

Reactions: RedMenace

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Refs are just handing us PP's on silver platters and we aren't doing shit with them.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Not sure you're backing the right horse on this on Hoss.

There's no horse to back, Chief.

This discussion is as useful as tits on a boar. A screen door on a submarine.

I don't know if Bowey is good or not. My stats are as useless as your stats.
Bowey is sitting because Blashil wants to play Witkowski against Tampa because our games are chippy and he used to play for Tampa. Bowey will be back in the lineup. It's no big deal.

I f***ing agree 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad