GDT: Game 68: Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 3/9/2019 | 7:00PM ET | FSD

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Another point for Hronek. His ppg average in his rookie year would give about as many points as Mike Green ended up with in the last season in which he was an all-star.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
On the other hand, how excited is a team walking to the President's Trophy supposed to be to play a bottom 3 Wings team?
This game should have been put away after the second period. I get Bernier made some great saves along the way. Tampa didn't really bring it tonight physically. They went 0-3 on the power play and had fewer hits than Detroit. I would be a little concerned if I was the Tampa coaching staff.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Tampa is clearly having a great season, but they don't seem as...intense...as previous years. I feel like if they get into a physical playoff series they could be going home early (again).
If I were facing them, I would fear that they have that extra gear. They are coasting, what happens when they decide to be as physical as they could be?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If I were facing them, I would fear that they have that extra gear. They are coasting, what happens when they decide to be as physical as they could be?
I guess we'll see? Given their previous playoff performances, though, they should absolutely look to bring it every night. I don't think I heard Brayden Point's name all night.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
some great goals from Kucherov , great game by Berier. they need lines juggle .something like
Mantha- Nielsen-Vanek
AA-Gleny- Bert
Zadina-Ras-Aby
Helm-Rose- Ehn
try different combination

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This game should have been put away after the second period. I get Bernier made some great saves along the way. Tampa didn't really bring it tonight physically. They went 0-3 on the power play and had fewer hits than Detroit. I would be a little concerned if I was the Tampa coaching staff.

I would not. They just beat the shit out of Winnipeg, when they did put full effort on the ice.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wings hope that Zadina can be half as good as Kucherov.
Kucherov's progression from year to year has been f*cking insane. I'm pretty confident in saying that Zadina could have produced better numbers this year than Kuch did in his d+3. And the player he was for the first few years, 30-40 goals, 60-80 points, I absolutely feel that's within the realm of possibility for Zadina. But these last steps Kuch has taken, first to 100 point player and now to a legendary season.. I mean you can draft a guy at #1OA that has everything going for him and it's still unlikely he'll ever be as good as Kuch is this year.

But damn, I really like what I'm seeing from Zads.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kucherov's progression from year to year has been f*cking insane. I'm pretty confident in saying that Zadina could have produced better numbers this year than Kuch did in his d+3. And the player he was for the first few years, 30-40 goals, 60-80 points, I absolutely feel that's within the realm of possibility for Zadina. But these last steps Kuch has taken, first to 100 point player and now to a legendary season.. I mean you can draft a guy at #1OA that has everything going for him and it's still unlikely he'll ever be as good as Kuch is this year.

But damn, I really like what I'm seeing from Zads.
I can see similarities between them

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
What is it, 14 straight losses to TB? I always expect to lose to the Bolts but that figure is something.

I'm personally satisfied with the direction of the Wings. When you see Rasmussen and Zadina out in the last minute with the extra man, Hronek getting 25 minutes, more time for the Ehn/DLR line who are great at applying pressure... it's what I've been hoping to see for years; younger guys taking on more IT as we rebuild.

Holland has to find a way to dump a veteran body or two this year. Nielsen, Helm, Abdelkader, Glendening, Daley, Ericsson, Kronwall- there's too much dead weight and honestly they're holding back our youngest guys.

Please Holland, no more patches to keep the ship afloat. Anyone who follows the NHL knows we sank below the waterline 2 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad